The Celestials are a star-faring race of humanoid aliens who possess untold cosmic power. Standing two thousand feet tall, the Celestials are clad in full body armor. No Earth being has ever seen what they look like beneath their armor or knows their origin.
What is known is that they have visited the Earth at four different periods in the Earth's past, each time altering the course of history. The first Celestial Host came to Earth approximately one million years ago to perform genetic tests and experimentation on Earth's highest lifeform, the nascent human being. Testing the versatility of human genes, the First Host created two sub-species of humanity, the Eternals and the Deviants. Their sole legacy to the mainstream human race was the implantation of a dormant DNA complex which would one day permit benevolent mutations.
The Second Celestial Host came to Earth approximately twenty-five thousand years ago to inspect the results of their first visit. Finding the direction of Deviants technology counter-productive, the Celestials destroyed the Deviants' major stronghold, Lemuria. Repercussions of that destruction caused tectonic plate shifting that eventually contributed to the sinking of the continent of Atlantis.
The Third Celestial Host arrived on Earth one thousand years ago to inspect the progress of the human race. Their landing site was arranged by the Eternals working in conjunction with the Incas of Peru. The Third Host was met by a contingent of Earth's mythological gods, including Odin of the Asgardians and Zeus of the Olympians, who challenged the Celestials' right to interfere in Earth's affairs. The outcome of that encounter was that all of the major races of gods swore to forego their active involvement in the destiny of mankind.
The Fourth Celestial Host arrived in recent years in order to judge mankind's worthiness now that the dormant DNA complex for benevolent mutations had become activated by the worldwide increase in radiation levels. The Celestials deemed humanity fit to survive. A group of twelve human beings representing the great accomplishments of mankind accompanied the Celestials when they left Earth.
It is not known how many Celestials there are in existence. Even the number of Celestials on Earth in the Fourth Host is a mystery. Nine were known by name and function, others were glimpsed but not identified. The Fourth Host was led by the Celestial known only as The One Above All, who remained aboard the orbiting mother ship during the entire stay on Earth. The head of the landing party was Arishem.
However, it is known that the Celestials have visited many other worlds in order to perform genetic experimentation. For example, the Skrulls are known to be a result of Celestial experimentation. The Celestials have returned to judge many of these worlds, and Earth is apparently the only one of these that they judged favorably and hence did not destroy for posing a potential menace to the universe.
There have only been indications of the full scope of the Celestials' power. Each member of the Fourth Host withstood a full frontal attack by the collective power of the Eternals and the Asgardians. Arishem has been shown to have sufficient power to permanently seal dimensional portals to the godly realms. The Celestials are not indestructible, however. During the Third Host, the Celestials used their combined might to slay one of their brethren for breach of conduct.
Another indication of the Celestials' power is that when the Fourth Host left Earth, they eradicated all evidence of their recent and past presence from the minds and records of mortal men. Only the Eternals, Deviants, dimensional gods of Earth, and a handful of human beings are now aware of their existence and remember the nature of their visits.
Various based on their unique Celestial functions and abilities.
Other Celestials, Eternity and other major forces of the universe, such as Galactus, the Stranger, the Vishanti.
The normal Celestial has the following array of powers:
- Immortality: Celestials cannot be slain. If reduced to 0 Health or Endurance, a component can be removed from their armor that will force them into suspended animation until the piece is restored.
- Invulnerability: Class 3000 resistance to Fire, Heat, Cold, Electricity, Radiation, Toxins, Corrosives and Disease.
- True Invulnerability: Class 3000 resistance to all physical and energy attacks.
- True Flight: Shift-Z maximum in atmosphere, Class 5000 in space.
- Life Support: Class 5000
- Cosmic Energy Manipulation: The Celestials can manipulate vast amounts of latent cosmic energy (as well as all other forms of energy save for purely Magical energies) beyond the scope of mortals to measure with Class 3000 ability. It has been speculated that a single Celestial possesses enough power to lay waist to an entire galaxy with a full exertion of their cosmic powers. The following are some of their regular Power Stunts:
ο Energy Blasts: Celestials can project Force or Energy blasts of Class 3000 intensity with unlimited range.
ο Energy and Life Detection, Dimensional Travel, Time Travel, Force Field Generation (all Stunts): Class 3000
ο Matter Control, Creation, and Conversion (all Powers and Stunts): Class 3000
ο Teleportation: Celestials can teleport themselves and others with Class 5000 ability and unlimited range.
ο The Celestials can also perform virtually any Power or Stunt given the scope and magnitude of their cosmic power with Class 3000 rank ability.
- Mental Powers: Celestials possess all listed Mental Powers and Stunts at Class 3000 levels.
- Biophysical Control: The Celestials have the Class 1000 rank ability to alter genetics and induce mutations, whether overt or latent.
- Self-Duplication: Each Celestial is able to simultaneously co-exist in a number of widely separated locations. Each body possesses identical powers. This enables the Celestials to perform their tasks on several worlds simultaneously. No two duplicates ever coexist in the same region.
- Internal Limbo: The interior of a Celestial appears to be a series of vast chambers recreating weird locations from throughout space. These chambers are apparently larger than the exterior shell of the Celestial.
- Internal Defenses: Each Celestial is inhabited by a variety of defensive organisms. These function like anti-bodies to attack invaders. They can be any forms the Celestial wishes, but usually appear as insect or anti-body like creatures of up to Unearthly abilities and Powers.
Green winged hectapoids possess the following abilities:
- Plasma Projection: Remarkable
- Flight: Excellent
Pink and Purple saucers that swarm to attack en masse, possess the following abilities:
- Acid Projection: Excellent
Humanoid clones that resemble anyone the Celestials desires to imitate. Specialized Replicoids can be created for any purpose; these are often used as emissaries. Replicoids possess the following abilities:
- Imitation: Remarkable
- True Invulnerability: Excellent
The following are descriptions of individually known Celestials and their various unique functions and abilities:
- Celestial - Arishem the Judge
- Celestial Function: Arishem is the first Celestial to visit a planet when the time for judgement occurs. If he decides against a race, he summons Exitar to destroy the race. Arishem has in his palm the formula he uses to decide whether a race will live or die.
- Arishem has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Celestial - Eson the Searcher
- Celestial Function: Eson is the first Celestial to visit a given planet. He arrives when life there has yet to evolve into intelligence.
- Eson has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Life Detection: Class 5000 rank. Eson possesses the skills to locate lifeforms that have potential to be modified by the Celestials.
- Celestial - Exitar the Exterminator
Fighting Class 1000 Agility Unearthly Strength Class 5000 Endurance Class 3000 Reason Class 1000 Intuition Class 1000 Psyche Class 1000 Health 9100 Karma 3000
- Celestial Function: Exitar is an enormous Celestial (some 20,000 feet tall compared to the standard 2,000 feet for a Celestial) that appears on a world if Arishem has condemned it. After a short period to gather his energies, Exitar acts. First he throws a force field around the planet, then he exterminates the condemned race. Once that is accomplished, he cleanses the world and rebuilds it in order that other life may flourish there. Obviously Exitar’s destructive power goes far beyond the scope of any one planet (as does all Celestials) and it may be possible that he has and does perform his function on a much larger scale. While Exitar appears to be the most powerful known Celestial, he simply acts as any another member of the Host performing his specific function.
- Disintegration: Class 5000 rank
- Lifeform Creation: Class 5000 rank
- Celestial - Gammenon the Gatherer
- Celestial Function: Gammenon appears with the rest of the Celestial Host. His purpose is to locate and gather specimens of each lifeform found on the planet under study.
- Gammenon has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Body Transformation- Others: Gammenon has the Class 3000 ability to transform targets into “lifeseed capsules”. He stores these blocks on the end of his rod. Living organisms thus transformed remain in suspended animation until the capsule is retransformed into those beings original shapes.
- Celestial - Hargen the Measurer
- Celestial Function: Hargen appears along with the rest of the Celestial Host. Hargen collects the data that Nezar uses to determine the probable futures of the lifeforms under examination.
- Hargen has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Celestial - Jemiah the Analyzer
- Celestial Function: Jemiah acts in concert with Gammenon.
- Jemiah has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Lifeform Detection: Jemiah possesses the Class 3000 ability to analyze every possible aspect of a sample lifeform.
- Celestial - Nezarr the Calculator
- Celestial Function: Nezar appears along with Gammenon and Hargen.
- Nezar has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Precognition: Nezar is able to use Hargen’s data to determine the probable future of the lifeforms under examination. He has Class 5000 accuracy.
- Celestial - One Above All
- Celestial Function: This Celestial acts as the coordinator for the rest of the Host. He remains in their base ship while the rest of the Host roams the planet below.
- One Above All has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Celestial - Oneg the Prober
- Celestial Function: Oneg appears along with the rest of the Celestial Host. He explores the actual planet itself rather than the lifeforms there.
- Oneg has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Celestial - Tefral the Surveyor
- Celestial Function: Tefral appears along with the rest of the Celestials Host. He studies the surface features of the planet under examination, including the structures built by the dominant race.
- Tefral has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.
- Celestial - Ziran the Tester
- Celestial Function: Ziran appears along with the rest of the Celestial Host. He studies the actions of the chosen race, especially their reaction to the Celestials presence.
- Ziran has the standard Celestial Statistics, Powers, and Talents.