DC to Marvel Crossover, Where would the Kingpin rate among Batman's rouges?

Posted by Taarna 
DC to Marvel Crossover, Where would the Kingpin rate among Batman's rouges?
November 16, 2017 10:02AM
I'd say up there. He's pretty smart, better in combat than most of Batman's foes and rich with lots of henchmen.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: DC to Marvel Crossover, Where would the Kingpin rate among Batman's rouges?
November 16, 2017 04:01PM
I'd say Batman would have about as much success as Daredevil in combat and overall conflict... minus his secret identity being discovered. Batman is a better detective than Daredevil, but DD's super senses give him the ability to find evidence even Batman might miss as well as being a human lie detector. However, Batman has a better long game than Daredevil and would eventually take down the Kingpin of Crime. He would not be locked up at Arkham, though, because Kingpin is not insane and would never humble himself to pretending for the sake of special treatment.

In a straight out fight, I'd say Kingpin has the advantage with his size, strength and toughness, not to mention he is a very fast and skilled fighter (having surprised even Captain America with his combat ability, putting him on the defensive). Kingpin is not a common criminal, either and would not be intimidated by Batman's scary dark knight routine, forcing Batman to fight brutal and dirty just to stay on even footing. He would use his gadgets to help even the odds (smoke pellets and such), but Kingpin has been known to fight dirty as well. I would expect him to have at least one useful trick up his sleeve as long as he's fighting on his turf --his building or other location of his choosing, but ultimately Batman wins for better gadgets, better skill and better planning. Given time to prepare, he'd have a fairly good idea of how Kingpin would try to gain the upper hand and/or find a way to counter Kingpin's physical advantage.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
FTJ
November 17, 2017 06:28AM
A related question, would Kingpin be exactly the same if he lived in Gotham City?

I miss Gene.

All-New Future Force (BASH! UE)
Marvel MC2 builds for BASH! Ultimate Edition

"Now, before I slay you all, behold my master plan!" — The Mole Man, Fantastic Four #1
November 17, 2017 02:45PM
FTJ
A related question, would Kingpin be exactly the same if he lived in Gotham City?

Probably not, the kinds of villains running the criminal empires in Gotham make most of the ones in Marvel running crime in NYC look pretty decent in comparison. Heck he'd be doing so much in order to keep a lid on things (since murderous rampaging nuts like Joker are bad for business) he'd probably be way better overall in reducing crime than Batman.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 18, 2017 03:04AM
Plus, isn't the Kingpin vehemently opposed to drugs in his operations? That might help things some as well if Gotham has drug problems.

November 18, 2017 04:27AM
I could see Kingpin even tipping off Batman to his opposition, crime lords like Rupert Thorne or any villains that weren't working for Kingpin who might either inadvertantly draw attention to his schemes or directly interfere with his interests. I'd bet he'd even go so far as to hijack the Bat-signal to get a little face time with Batman to point him in the right direction... which Batman would act upon, but not before telling Kingpin that he has his eye on him and it won't be long before he takes him down as well. It would be long, though. Careful Kingpin is careful.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
November 18, 2017 01:39PM
Thrudjelmer
I could see Kingpin even tipping off Batman to his opposition, crime lords like Rupert Thorne or any villains that weren't working for Kingpin who might either inadvertantly draw attention to his schemes or directly interfere with his interests. I'd bet he'd even go so far as to hijack the Bat-signal to get a little face time with Batman to point him in the right direction... which Batman would act upon, but not before telling Kingpin that he has his eye on him and it won't be long before he takes him down as well. It would be long, though. Careful Kingpin is careful.

Considering Kingpin never has a problem tipping off Spider-man or even directly calling him in on a problem with other criminals he wouldn't have problems calling in Batman or any other hero he felt useful in dealing with an issue. The smart criminals like Kingpin and Tombstone simply give heroes like Spider-man better targets than themselves, since it actually is win-win, since while the hero doesn't get to take him down they do get to stop other major crimes whether it be drug-dealing, grand theft, assault, or murder. Since it also eliminates a problem for him Kingpin gets to chalk that up into his win column too, heck sometimes he even PAYS heroes simply because it's cheaper and more efficient. It's why he's somewhat more plausible a criminal including his returns than ones like Hammerhead.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 21, 2017 10:08AM
Nightmask
Thrudjelmer

Considering Kingpin never has a problem tipping off Spider-man or even directly calling him in on a problem with other criminals he wouldn't have problems calling in Batman or any other hero he felt useful in dealing with an issue. The smart criminals like Kingpin and Tombstone simply give heroes like Spider-man better targets than themselves, since it actually is win-win, since while the hero doesn't get to take him down they do get to stop other major crimes whether it be drug-dealing, grand theft, assault, or murder. Since it also eliminates a problem for him Kingpin gets to chalk that up into his win column too, heck sometimes he even PAYS heroes simply because it's cheaper and more efficient. It's why he's somewhat more plausible a criminal including his returns than ones like Hammerhead.

Very good! Mr. Fisk would give both Bruce Wayne and Batman trouble.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
November 26, 2017 08:27PM
Actually Bats does have a Kingpin counterpart- Black Mask. Although Black Mask traditionally likes using fanatical and highly trained operatives and Kingpin likes a mix of traditional muscle, paid expert hitmen, and finally personal combat under the right conditions. Briefly, the character Blockbuster ran Bludhaven was an even better parallel, but he was killed and changed in the new 52.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.