Antimatter Universe Sourcebook

Posted by davidrpaige 
Antimatter Universe Sourcebook
April 25, 2018 09:18AM
While I'm working on my Earth-7642 Sourcebook (the universe where DC and Marvel coexists), I've also been working on an Antimatter Universe sourcebook. Like the Earth-7642 Sourcebook, this one is a merger of DC's Antimatter Universe, Marvel's Negative Zone, and a few "evil mirror universe" tropes all combined into one. I'm tilting the Negative Zone Sourcebook.

One of the things in the book is going to be a few examples of the superheroes of a Negative Earth, called Hrae, or Counter-Earth. Heroes found in the positive matter universe are villains in the Negative Zone, and vice versa. So on the Counter-Earth you'll find the Crime Syndicate, the Revengers, the Fearsome Four, and many others. Here are a few samples of what is upcoming in the book.

Any feedback is appreciated.

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
― Oscar Wilde
Attachments:
open | download - crime_syndicate_members.png (150.8 KB)
open | download - Fearsome Four.png (2.43 MB)
Re: Antimatter Universe Sourcebook
May 01, 2018 03:36AM
Looks interesting, keep us posted. eye popping smiley

The Cutter

May 03, 2018 03:17AM
Ok, need some feed back on the layout for character info. I've decided to post characters inside the Negative Zone Sourcebook the same way the Judge's Book does, 5 entry on 2 pages with thumbnails on the second page. Let me know if I've got the format down or if there is something I need to change.

On a side note, I've altered something from my first post. The Earth, or as the natives call Htrae, is going to be referred as the Negative-Earth (or -Earth). It is not the Counter-Earth but, in my version of history, the first Earth experiment done by the High Evolutionary! This "failed" experiment gave him lessons on his creation of Counter-Earth. I felt it important to keep the history of Counter-Earth as it is, not shoehorn it into mine.

Anyways, feedback on the example attachment would be great.

― Oscar Wilde
Attachments:
open | download - Crime Syndicate entry.pdf (716.6 KB)
May 12, 2018 01:48PM
Working on the history to the Revengers: Earth's Mightiest Black-Ops. This is the core and original team. Over the years the team has changed and expanded, but this is the core team.

Lt. America, 2nd Lt. Steve Rogers of the Kingdom of America's Royal Army. Lt. America commands the Revengers in the name of King Jefferson VI.
Hulk - former General Ross, in command of the Gamma Bomb project, tried to murder Dr. Bruce Banner when he was exposed to massive amount of gamma rays. He then found himself transforming into the red skinned behemoth and terrorized much of the Kingdom of America before he was captured and used as a living weapon for the Revengers.
Iron Maniac - weapon designer and war profiteer Anthony Stark uses his Iron Maniac armor to test out his newest weapons. He then turns it around and sells to the Kingdom's armed forces for a hefty profit.
Loki - the God of Mischief allied himself with the Revengers on the team's first gathering to defeat the troublesome Thor. Loki has been a mainstay of the Revengers ever since.
Goliath - Dr. Hank Pym stole the formula to shrink or expand atomic spacing and extra-dimensional mass. At first he called himself the Termite but later changed his MO to growing giant, calling himself Goliath.
Yellowjacket - Hank Pym's emotionally abused wife, he outfitted her with shrinking and blaster powers. He did this so he could take her on missions and keep an eye on her.

Working on their stats as we speak. These stats and more detailed history will be in the Negative Zone Sourcebook.

― Oscar Wilde
Attachments:
open | download - Revengers.png (805.5 KB)
May 14, 2018 06:13AM
Here is a section from the sourcebook:

The Empire of America is the largest Imperial empire on the planet. Although it is declining in its standing in the world, it is an international center for politics, theater, music, fashion, finance, and culture. It once boasted a large number of nations under its direct control, inspiring the motto “The sun never sets on the American Empire.”

The Empire of America is technically a constitutional monarchy, led by King Jefferson VI, with a parliamentary democracy, led by Prime Minister Jonathan Vincent Horne, comprising fifty states and a federal district. In reality, it is the Crime Syndicate that holds the true power in the Empire. The Crime Syndicate consists of six families, led by Ultraman, Owlman, Superwoman, J'edd J'arkus, Power Ring, and The Quick. Fashioned after a mafia, each family head has their own group of trusted lieutenants called Made Men, employ thousands of criminals, and conduct their enterprises in designated territories. They rule the Empire, and much of their Earth, through fear. For years, they ran rampant and did whatever they chose without opposition. On occasion, the Syndicate would turn their powers on the people and remind them of their fragile existence. Routine meetings of the family heads are conducted in the organization's secret lunar base, the Panopticon. The government and other civil authorities do nothing in order to retain the illusion of minimal order. Several of the governments have stockpiles of nuclear warheads, the one thing capable of stopping the Syndicate, but the resulting devastation from their usage would also take innocent lives.

Only a few thing prevent the Crime Syndicate’s complete domination of America, one of them being the Revengers, Negative-Earth’s Mightiest Black-Ops. Led by Lt. America, the team’s purpose is to protect the King and Parliament from both domestic and extraterrestrial threats. The Kingdom uses the Revengers to perform surgical strikes against the Syndicate, as well as other targets, to keep their power in check. The Revengers have main operations under the Black House in Washington D.C.

The Agents of H.A.T.E. (Headquarters of Active Terrorist Effort) is an international terrorist and criminal agency controlled by a Shadow Government Cabal. They are lead by a director, currently former spy and solider Nick Fury, who reports to the Shadow Council made up of members from various people of power. Founded to destabilize nations and to combat technologically advanced threats on the Shadow Government‘s security. Throughout the years, they remained on the front lines fighting freedom, extraterrestrial menaces, and act as an international secret police. While most of their operations are mobile and global, it is rumored they have a large base of operations somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.

Due to a sudden leap in evolution, Freaks, or Homo degenerate, are born with superhuman abilities which generally manifest themselves at puberty. Freaks are often hated and feared by other humans because they are different from themselves. The Geno-Men (G-Men) is a group dedicated to the cause of freak superiority over humans. Throughout its various incarnations, the G-Men's agenda gravitated towards either subjugating the human race to the will of freaks or eradicating humanity altogether. They are most often opposed by The Brotherhood, a security force created to harbor peace between the emerging freak population and baseline humans. The G-Men have their lair at mansion of their founder and leader, Dr. Niles “Chief” Caulder, just outside of Detroit.

While trying to attack Negative-Earth with the extra-dimensional, demonic beings called the Undying Ones, the rouge sorcerer Mr. Strange manipulated Sea King into aiding him, and then teamed with the monstrous Doc Samson to help the demons. Only the Negative Zone’s Sorcerer Supreme, Baron Mordo was able to thwart them. Later, when the Yannian scientist Yandroth menaced Negative-Earth with the Alphatron doomsday device, Mr. Strange persuaded an eager Samson and Sea King to help him assist Yandroth's scheme, forming the "non-team" known as the Offenders.

Finally, The Fearsome Four are a group of intellectual property thieves and science plunders lead by Reed Richards (The Brute). After the team gained powers during a botched theft of an experimental spacecraft; Susan Storm (Malice), Johnny Storm (Ooze) and pilot Ben Grimm (The Unseeable) were forced to remain together and exploit the boundaries of science. Based out of the Baxter Building, the group are funded by Richards’ personal fortune accumulated by the many patents he has stolen. The teams exploits, and turf war with the Crime Syndicate and Revengers, has made them infamous worldwide and beyond.

― Oscar Wilde
May 14, 2018 04:24PM
Is it sad that after reading that excerpt the only thing that jumped out at me is that you misspelled 'soldier'?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
September 15, 2018 12:24PM
Just a suggestion, but consider using the Meta Militia. [dc.wikia.com]). They fit your motif of a "dark avengers", but they also work organically in your system. The Crime Syndicate works against the American Government through bribery and deceit. The Meta Militia has a Captain America analogue (in the White Towers, instead of the White House) that is the president of the US that is using his military might to stand up against "outside threats." Now those threats could be the denizens of the negative zone, but they are also the Crime Syndicate, where they have a president that doesn't take a bribe, but who wants power above everything else. It adds the pressure points that are interesting in an ongoing story of a merged DC/Marvel Universe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.