MSHG Site

Posted by TasK 
Re: MSHG Site
August 29, 2009 12:35PM
I've started updating the site to be a bit more user-friendly in regards to information. It will take some time to fully 'flesh' some items out, but I'll continue to use the same forum category to update information, so it should be a little easier to follow as it develops.

MSHG INFORMATION

'Shhh. My common sense is tingling'
August 30, 2009 01:23PM
Thanks for the updates this weekend. Makes a few things a little clearer. I think for the moment I'm going to stay on the sideline and wait and see which way this thing is going.
August 30, 2009 01:49PM
About as 'clear as mud', hey grinning smiley Hopefully it will improve. Thank you again for your feedback. I'm currently thinking about running the Gang Wars Trilogy. It's open for Homegrown characters around Daredevil to Spiderman's power levels and will not affect the continuity of the main setting. It's just a game, about to begin, for people who want to do some roleplaying.

August 30, 2009 02:21PM
That sounds much more up my ally. Tighter focus and much lower power level. (All the galactic level characters in the current campaign were more incentive for me to stand aside and see if it folds and something else came up. I think I'd be in on gang wars or something similar.)
August 30, 2009 06:18PM
Howdy,

My first post to the board :-). I've been out of RPG'ing for way to long and am itching to get back into it, and I love Superhero settings. Do you have room for another player? I played for 20 years before getting married and have about 4000 comics sitting at home - this seems like a perfect game for me!
August 30, 2009 06:19PM
Howdy,

My first post to the board grinning smiley:-). I've been out of RPG'ing for way to long and am itching to get back into it, and I love Superhero settings. Do you have room for another player? I played for 20 years before getting married and have about 4000 comics sitting at home - this seems like a perfect game for me! I am more into the roleplaying experience so don't care if I play the main front line guy, back end support dude, or even the comic relief sidekick. Just looking to have fun smiling smiley
August 30, 2009 06:40PM
We'd be pleased to have you aboard. grinning smiley

August 30, 2009 07:00PM
Fantastic! I'll check out the site tomorrow and jump aboard - thanks!
Gang Wars
September 01, 2009 02:10PM
Looks like we have a start of a hero group for the Gang Wars trilogy. Would love to see a couple more people jump in so this could get going. Old school street level superheroing for all.
Re: Gang Wars
December 06, 2009 12:33PM
still got room for one more?

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! " - Homer J. Simpson

s320x240

"I want you to know that I believe in an idea¦that a single individual who has the right heart and the right mind that is consumed with a single purpose that one man can win a war.

Give that one man a group of soldiers with the same conviction¦and he can change the world."
December 06, 2009 04:26PM
i know this is late but how does this work? how much time would i have to invest? I would love to play but i am busy sometimes but i miss the old days of playing. i am sure i have some street level characters who i could play with.
December 07, 2009 02:33PM
We are currently playing a campaign loosely based on Gang Wars, an old MHSAS module that has 3 parts. Dead Sidekick is actually judging right now, and Task is playing a hero. We don't have a regular posting schedule, as some of us have some odd schedules, but we try to at least get through a couple rounds a week. In most cases we seem to get a group of posts through every 1 to 2 days, but we have had a couple of slower periods. I don't think we've ever gone longer than 4 days between "rounds".

There is a character section on the site where you can post a proposed character, then it's up to Dead Sidekick whether he's interested in taking on another. (We currently are split, with one character on a solo job, and the main "group" having just expanded from 3 to 6 after meeting in the middle of a bar fight.)
December 07, 2009 03:07PM
What happens if its time for my turn but i am not around? does judge play for me? Also how do we determine feat rolls and such? does the judge do it for us?
December 07, 2009 05:35PM
We play it pretty loose as far as turns. When it's conversations, everyone just chips in as they are around. If it's combat, everyone declares their actions, and roles initiative at once, then the judge determines the order once everyone rolled. Then everyone makes feat roles, and the judge goes on. There isn't an order of which player goes while everyone waits. Everyone puts up their actions, and once they are all posted, the round gets resolved. Die rolling is done right in the forums with a rolling feature, so all of your rolls are in your posts. As long as you can post a few times a week, it's unlikely people will be waiting on you too much. I was worried that as the group grew it was going to slow things down (we started at 4 characters, and now have 7), but it really hasn't slowed down much if at all.
December 09, 2009 05:19AM
Memphis pretty much described how it all works. Role-play / conversations don't require a turn order / initiative phase. Action phases proceed as follows, with the forum's built in dice roller:

1. Declare actions and roll initiative
2. Action phase initiative order is determined and FEAT rolls if any are called for
3. Players can "change their actions" with a Yellow Agility FEAT to pre-empt lower initiative actions (this hasn't happened in out game yet, but could)
4. FEAT rolls are made
5. Round actions are resolved, and back to step 1

Posting is fairly regular. I just ask that if players foresee not being able to post for a few days to let us know. It just took us slightly over a month to get through a "45 second" intense "battle scene" and it was kept at a pace that really didn't seem to drag on at all. If you can commit to posting at least 2 - 3 times a week, this is the game for you. I put out the initiative order in action phases as soon as all players have declared their actions and rolled initiatives, so that is the part that drags out the longest, but hasn't been problematic at all. We've got quite a good group of committed players. We also have a lively "out of character" forum thread that is often hilarious as we bitch about the fickle dice gods and other things.

During a battle scene is the best time for new players / characters to join the game, and I'm trying to write new characters into the story as they join. There's another huge battle scene coming up soon, perfectly suited for new heroes to arrive on the scene smiling smiley

If you've got a street-ish level hero character, can commit to a 2 - 3 times a week posting level, and are first-and-foremost an in-character ROLE-PLAYER, you're welcome to submit a character for approval. Character approval is generally painless... keep stats and powers at the Incredible / Amazing maximum level, don't go overboard with Contacts (you start with Popularity of zero) and no starting power stunts unless the power description gives one (in the Advanced Player's Book or Ultimate Powers Book).

The story is set in the year 2009, in a world where Marvel and DC Universe characters, concepts, and organizations co-exist. "Game history" is basically Marvel Comics stories of the early 1980's are "current events." Right now most of the major superheroes (Avengers, FF, Justice League) are off-planet attending the funeral of Captain Mar-Vell (a storyline from 1982 comics). The "New Mutants" class at Xavier's school is about to be created. Batman is about to "quit" the Justice League to form the Outsiders. The Teen Titans are also off world encountering the Psions. The X-Men are adventuring off-world with the Brood storyline. The Beyonder's Secret Wars storyline looms in the near future. All of these things may intersect with the Gang Wars Trilogy campaign, but mostly serve as "flavor" for the game world.

Private message me here for more details and possible character submissions, and we'll run from there. We'd be happy to have ya smiling smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
December 09, 2009 11:08AM
Dead Sidekick Wrote:

> There's another huge battle scene
> coming up soon, perfectly suited for new heroes to
> arrive on the scene smiling smiley

Great. winking smiley

> The story is set in the year 2009, in a world
> where Marvel and DC Universe characters, concepts,
> and organizations co-exist. "Game history" is
> basically Marvel Comics stories of the early
> 1980's are "current events." Right now most of the
> major superheroes (Avengers, FF, Justice League)
> are off-planet attending the funeral of Captain
> Mar-Vell (a storyline from 1982 comics). The "New
> Mutants" class at Xavier's school is about to be
> created. Batman is about to "quit" the Justice
> League to form the Outsiders. The Teen Titans are
> also off world encountering the Psions. The X-Men
> are adventuring off-world with the Brood
> storyline. The Beyonder's Secret Wars storyline
> looms in the near future. All of these things may
> intersect with the Gang Wars Trilogy campaign, but
> mostly serve as "flavor" for the game world.

I thought that was just to explain why all the A list, B list, and even C list heroes were away, and New York had to settle for a bunch of rejects like us.
December 10, 2009 06:24AM
Memphis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dead Sidekick Wrote:
>
> > There's another huge battle scene
> > coming up soon, perfectly suited for new heroes
> to
> > arrive on the scene smiling smiley
>
> Great. winking smiley

Around 20 years of Marvel Comics compressed into 13 "pre-game" years leads to action-packed lives smiling smiley

> > The story is set in the year 2009, in a world
> > where Marvel and DC Universe characters,
> concepts,
> > and organizations co-exist. "Game history" is
> > basically Marvel Comics stories of the early
> > 1980's are "current events." Right now most of
> the
> > major superheroes (Avengers, FF, Justice
> League)
> > are off-planet attending the funeral of Captain
> > Mar-Vell (a storyline from 1982 comics). The
> "New
> > Mutants" class at Xavier's school is about to
> be
> > created. Batman is about to "quit" the Justice
> > League to form the Outsiders. The Teen Titans
> are
> > also off world encountering the Psions. The
> X-Men
> > are adventuring off-world with the Brood
> > storyline. The Beyonder's Secret Wars storyline
> > looms in the near future. All of these things
> may
> > intersect with the Gang Wars Trilogy campaign,
> but
> > mostly serve as "flavor" for the game world.
>
> I thought that was just to explain why all the A
> list, B list, and even C list heroes were away,
> and New York had to settle for a bunch of rejects
> like us.

Well, the "sweet spot" of early 80's comics had most of the major heroes in both universes running off to outer space if they weren't battling shadowy conspiracies on Earth. Captain Mar-Vell's funeral is a perfect "right before it gets freakin' awesome in the Marvel Universe" childhood memory moment, and, it's a good place for you rejects to fill a niche tongue sticking out smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.