Mister Mister Broken Wings: An encounter

Posted by nightson 
Mister Mister Broken Wings: An encounter
April 07, 2012 07:05PM
Summary: Mister Fear and Mister Hyde have taken out a Quinjet. It has crashed landed in a local park.

Set Up: While in the vicinity of a local park the players hear a clap of thunder and see a ball of fire hurl towars the center of the park. If they investigate (really- they should tongue sticking out smiley ). They see a Quinjet on it's backside with a well thrown signpole sticking out of it's hull. Approaching the fallen craft, on foot, are Mister Hyde and Mister Fear!
(get stats on this site)

The Battle/Adventure: In the cock pit is the battlin' bowman Hawkeye knocked out and useless for this fight. There are some flames on and around the craft but it is in no danger of blowing up and Hawkeye is fairly safe( no reason to share that with the players) until Hyde kills him. Mister Hyde will not stop until he confirms the death of any Avengers. If anyone gets in his way he will throw them aside and continue toward the Quinjet. From a distance Mister Fear will lay his fear toxins into the players. If Mister Fear senses the battle is not going his way he will do his best to escape on foot until he can steal a car.

Aftermath: If the players win a rescue team of Avengers will arrive and thank the players. They will transport the Hyde and Fear to a proper jail. If players asked- "why the attack?" the villians say they were paid by Mr .McKenzie and laugh saying no more. Hawkeye- now awake says: "thanks, I owe you" and one flirts with any women in the group- before he is taken away to get patched up.

If the battle goes bad for the players Hyde and Fear won't kill them (they aren't getting paid for them) but leaves them knocked out. Just before they kill Hawkeye- the Avengers show up to save the day.

Rewards:

take out Mister Fear: +50
take out Mister Hyde:+ 75
+10 popularity
question the villians + 5
add contact: Hawkeye

if they lose: - 125
fail to question the villians - 5
0 popularity if beaten
still add contact: Hawkeye (hey- they tried to save him and he is thankful)

Onward
Who is this Mr. McKenzie? stay tuned...

It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.
Jack Handy
Re: Mister Mister Broken Wings: An encounter
June 12, 2012 09:29PM
Part Two: The Pretenders- Fools Must Die

Set Up: Having just wrapped up events from: Mister Mister- Broken Wings, the group become aware of a local library/or book store under attack by super baddies. (Mastermind, Mysterio, Mystique, and the mysterious Mr. McKenzie)

The Battle/Adventure: The Team is approached by a police officer who pleads for help (he was hoping for the Avengers but they just took off) with a group of super criminals ACROSS town (at least a mile away) smashing up a library/used bookstore and police are gettin hurt!

or you can use this book store map

just make sure whatever you pick has used books

When the PCs get there they see plenty of over turned cop cars and wounded police. There is a thick green fog hanging about that smells sweet..
Then doors of the building burst open and out steps a hooded man, carrying in his gloved right hand, is a old book.(this is Mr. McKenzie stats below)

He looks at the PCs and says "Well, it seems my distraction in the park did not last as long as I had hoped." "You..cough..cough are all dead fools" He then gestures and the whole area becomes even more thick in the sickly sweet fog.

The Fog: Mysterio fills 5 areas with his sweet fog causing all PCs -2CS to Fighting and Ranged Agilty attacks!! (if the PCs have a power that cancels it good for them! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ) The fog is not water based FYI

The villians then go about taking out the PCs unless there is a character with any known water/ice/rain powers the villians use the following tactics:

Mastermind: (invisible) causes two of the PCs to fight eachother using a shared illusion (what a jerk he is!)

Mysterio: has 3 LMD of his design that all have his same physical stats but not his powers and only GOOD body armor vs. Physcial and Energy attacks that all fight one hero (the team brick)-unless Spiderman is there then he attacks him.

Mystique: (already in the form of an injured good looking male or female police officer) pleads for help from a male hero or woman only to wack them when their back is turned)

All the villians use the fog to their advantage having fitted with contacts (Mysterio made in his spare time) that allow them all to see through it.

Mr. McKenzie: Hurls lightning at the nearest PC in range then flies off at full speed he has no intrest in a fight only to run away with his book

IF they know one of the PCs has water powers then all (except Mckenzie) attack him/her however you desire to do so. Mckenzie flees with the book.

The Bad Guys fight till they win or are beaten. They will fight ti make sure McKenzie escapes. If the PCs get beaten- Luke Cage and Iron Fist having a day off -show up and save them.

Aftermath: HUGE NOTE: Ok no matter what Mr. McKenzie! leaves with book! even if your players somehow catch him. Have Red Ghost and the Super Apes save him and the book.

Awards:
beat Mastermind:+60 Karma
beat Mysterio:+60 Karma + 25 per LMD
beat Mystique:+60 Karma
beat Mr. McKenzie +200 Karma
Avoid damage to building:+10 Karma
Gain contact: local PD
Gain contact: library/or book store
Popularity: +10

if the PCs fail: reverse the awards to negative Karma, no popularity and they gain no contacts sad smiley

Clues: If asked: the Bad Guys say they just met Mckenzie and know nothing of his plans. He paid them in (antediluvian) gold coins. Mysterio has one to show them (if they ask). They mention his fear of water and make fun of him for it.

The book: The book called, " The Great Maine Sand Storm " was about a town in Maine called, Pleasant Valley that was buried in sand. No idea why anyone would want it.

Note: use the stats on this site for bad guys-unless listed below:

Mysterio's Life Model Decoy

Fighting: Excellent
Agility: Excellent
Strength: Incredible
Endurance: Incredible
Reason: Poor
Intuition: Poor
Psyche: Poot

Health 120
Karma 12

Power: Life Support: Robot body has no need for sleeping, eating, breathing
Body Armor: the robot is made out of Good Material giving it Good Body Armor VS. Physical and Energy Attacks
Resistance: Robot is immune to poison, toxins, telepathy, and mind control
Sensors: the LMD has sensor that act like humans senses except-they too can see in the fog with no penalty

Mr. McKenzie

Fighting: Incredible
Agility: Remarkable
Strength: Monstrous
Endurance: Amazing
Reason: Good
Intuition: Remarkable
Psyche: Incredible

Health 195
Karma 80
Resources Remarkable
Popularity 0

Powers:
Body Resistance: Remarkable vs. physical attacks and energy damage
Resistance to Cold: Amazing
Flight: Good air speed
Electrical Generation: Remarkable ability
Darkness: Gives Unearthly cloaking of Mckenzie's face-even without the hood the darkness is too thick to make his true face out
Talents: Edged Weapons, Martial Arts B, Wrestling, Leadership

Requires: Black Life (if Mr. McKenzie does not drink a sip from his "Black Life" every hour,his FASE stats begin to drop -1CS an hour till he gets to TYP his power ranks and RIP are not effected by this)-he has a flask on his belt made of MN str material that holds 10 sips. If a PC somehow drinks it (very unlikely) the Player must make a RED Psyche roll or give his character to GM and fights with the Bad Guys!!

Limitations: Fear of Water-Mr. McKenzie is afraid of water and will run from it!! If able he sends his henchmen after any hero with water/ice related power and defeat them first!

Note: IF he is somehow hit with water or ice...he must make a RED FEAT Psyche roll if he makes it he flees away screaming in pain. If not he passes out. (then later saved by Red Ghost and the Super Apes)

Background: More on him later-I am sure some people have figured his ID by now

It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.
Jack Handy

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 11:53PM by nightson.
June 13, 2012 01:37PM
I'm digging this. Please tell me more.

How long would a PC become a villain after he sips the potion? Because I can do see my group somehow grab it or get it.
June 14, 2012 03:33PM
Well like I said make the feat or hand over the sheet to the GM-if the PC has a power like immune to toxins or digestive adapt use your best judgement..the nature of the "Black Life" is organic discharge from a alien being-if that helps you.
I would still make it a RED feat. This stuff is bad news!!

I will explain the cure in next part which is coming soon (tonight?)

Jack Handy
June 14, 2012 04:27PM
nightson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well like I said make the feat or hand over the
> sheet to the GM-if the PC has a power like immune
> to toxins or digestive adapt use your best
> judgement..the nature of the "Black Life" is
> organic discharge from a alien being-if that helps
> you.
> I would still make it a RED feat. This stuff is
> bad news!!
>
> I will explain the cure in next part which is
> coming soon (tonight?)

Ok makes sense.. Yes please go on.
June 14, 2012 05:28PM
NP

Jack Handy
June 18, 2012 02:09PM
nightson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NP

Please go on. I am interested in using this
June 20, 2012 09:13PM
Okay let's recap-
the players have fought two groups of super baddies today..the first battle turns out to be a distraction
so that Mr Mckenzie (who they may have discovered has a thing/fear of water) could steal a book.

the book is quite rare and
part of a private collection not open to the public /or for sale
An employee of the bookstore/library explains the book recounts an odd weather
occurence in 1922 that engulfed a small mill town in rural Maine in a sandstrom!! the book was a very detailed acount of the town and even
had the only know maps of the town
Has no idea why the man in the robe wanted it (but he only took that book and asked for it by name)
Again the crooks are unhelpful and truly know nothing but were paid in gold coin
only a few minutes have passed since the last battle....
And Now:
Part Three: Monkeys -Pleasant Valley Sunday
Summary: The PC's leave the bookstore to join forces with the Atlantis Royal Guard
and journey to a ghost town in rural Maine to battle evil a group of super apes and find out what is going on.

The Battle/Adventure: As the police haul the trio of supper baddies the PCs just
beat in front of the library/bookstore- craft dripping salt water appears above them in the sky..from a speaker a voice blasts out" Greetings..I am Commander Gruppt
of the Altantis Royal Guard and I seek you audience"
(I assume the PC's have no issues so..)
The craft lands and opens a blue skinned man steps out dressed in battle armor, and a gun on his belt, a water breathing device covers his head..."please..this way."
The figure gestures to the inside of the craft. (again I assume you PC are cool and enter with no issue if not wing it)
The inside of the craft is just large enough for everyone to fit. Gruppt appears to be the only one onboard (and he is)
The floor is wet. and there is only two seats in the cockpit. (for the STATS on the Atlantis shuttle just use a Quinjet)
Gruppt walks before the group and begins to speak.
"Forgive the dampness I have just drained the water from this chamber of my craft so we could speak.... in private." Gruppt with a troubled look upon
his face continues " Three weeks ago Namor had gone missing and although this is not a uncommon event..we became worried when our surface agents detected his bio signature
today-here in this location. " "We think it is very possible that Namor is the man in the robe who has stolen the book and any information you can share would be helpful"
Gruppt is telling the truth and has no ill will to the group (in case the palyers have powers to check such things)
(ok... so players assume share all)
Gruppt listens to what the players have to tell..most likely they mention Maine and he asks for their help to go there
investigate and possibly capture of Namor before anything worse then a stolen book and some damaged property happen. Gruppt thinks water maybe the key to
setting Namor right (hey it has worked in the past ). (if one of the players has water powers that could also be a cure)
If they could just fully submerge him....

If they agree..Gruppt flies them at once to Maine and there surrounded by miles and miles of pine trees is a three mile circle of sand - a small desert where there is no business being one.
In the distance they can see a circle of large trucks. Suddenly, just as the ship hits the tree line, it is slammed into the sandy earth.
Gruppt manages to hold the vessel together but despite all efforts he is unable to lift off.
It is Peotor, the super ape, using his powers to force the vessel to land and to keep it pinned to the ground. If the players leave to investigate (most likley they will) Gruppt joins them.

At this point Man ape, Mandrill and Mikhlo all rush in and attack. Peotor joins in to aid the evil apes only once one of them falls. This will allows the allow the ship free to take off.
Mandrill tries to use his powers to control any feamle characters (to join him) if no females he just joins Mikhlo and Man Ape try to beat people up.

If the battle is won by the heroes smiling smiley they are free to approach (either by ship or on foot) the circle of trucks.(about 10 areas away form the shuttle) Upon reaching the trucks they discover Igor, and Namor standing together looking at a map. then from the ground Red Ghost rises from the earth holding a stone tablet he hands it to Namor. "Well done Russian", Namor says "you are well worth the gold coins that I have paid you " Namor then notices the heroes and Gruppt and says "Fools you have....cough come far to die" Namor charges them in battle much more savage then before give him a +2CS to his fighting...but he will not flee. He is taken with battle rage

Red Ghost-However uses his powers to escape with Igor.
The battle is over when Namor is knocked out and put into the shuttle and submerged in water-

If the PCs lost -the bad guys wrap them in IN str cable and bring them to Namor

If the PC were tied up: Namor still call them fools but Thor comes and saves everyone including Namor. "It was good thing you sent out the distress call,Gruppt"-says the god of Thunder-again the battle is over only when Namor is knocked out and put into the shuttle and submerged in water.

Aftermath: Namor now AOK tells all and wants some payback!!

Rewards:
take out Man Ape: +50 Karma
Defeat Red Ghost and the Super Apes: +50 of Karma each
Mandrill: +50
Popularity: +10
save Namor+ 150 Karma !!!

Man Ape
M’Baku: use Stats on this site

Mandrill
Jerome Beechman: use Stats on this site

Red Ghost
Ivan Kragoff: use Stats on this site

THE SUPER-APES

Igor
F GD (10) Health: 60
A EX (20)
S GD (10) Karma: 18
E EX (20)
R TY (6) Resources: N/A
I TY (6)
P TY (6) Popularity: 0
KNOWN POWERS:
Shapeshifting: Igor has the Amazing
ability to transform himself into any
shape he wants. He is limited to shapes
roughly equal to his normal size. However,
he can only make baboon sounds if
he attempts to resemble a human or
humanoid.
TALENTS: Igor is trained to assist in lab
work and in operating spaceships. While
it was originally thought the Super-Apes
needed the Red Ghost’s direct control,
they can now function independent of a
human controller.

Mikhlo
F GD (10) Health: 110
A GD (10)
S AM (50) Karma: 18
E IN (40)
I TY (6)
P TY (6) Popularity: 0
KNOWN POWERS:
True lnvulnerabilty: He has Incredible protection
against physical and energy attacks.
TALENTS: Mikhlo is trained to assist in
laboratory work and rocketship piloting
Peotor
F TY (6) Health: 76
A EX (20)
S GD (10) Karma: 18
E IN (40)
I TY (6)
P TY (6) Popularity: 5
KNOWN POWERS:
Magnetism: Peotor has Amazing power
to attract and repel metallic objects.
TALENTS: Peotor is trained to assist in
laboratory work and to pilot a rocketship Man Ape
Mandrill

Red Ghost and the Super Apes

Namor

Jack Handy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 09:18PM by nightson.
June 22, 2012 09:41AM
Very cool
June 27, 2012 09:14PM
Part Four: Talking Heads- Burning Down the House

Summary: After saving Namor, he leads the PCs to Whorehound Isle, in the Atlantic where in a old house,
lives the monster that started it all.

Set Up: Namor and the Heroes fly with Gruppt in his craft to Whorehound isle to do battle with the creature. They land the craft on the beach and as they approach to battle the creature Namor tells his tale.
The creature is aware they are comming but is confident it's raw power will be enough to beat the PC's.
It's a slugfest! Enjoy!

Adventure: Namor now back to his old self, leads the PCs to Whorehound Isle. When they arrive, he orders Gruppt to stay with the ship and the tablet.
Namor is vengeful and wants to put the hurt on this Monster.
His tale:
Three Weeks ago I was exploring this area when I heard a strange howl. Taken by curiousity I found myself here on this isle.
I found only an old house when I was then attacked by a monster. It proved better then me and invaded me with it's discharge and took my mind.
I became it's puppet to find a stone tablet that is it's key. to it's freedom. If free of it's prison it will feed on this planet.

By having it in my mind...I know it's life..it is alien from another realm... it was..summoned here decades ago by a cult using the tablet - but the monster and the cult were trapped here, by a mystic
known as, the Ancinet One-who had also able to get the tablet. The creature enraged then killed and ate the cultist trapped with it.
The Ancient One went on to battle the rest of the cult, in a church in Pleasant Valley, Maine.

The cult almost won- but in the end, The Ancient One buried the cult, the tablet and the
whole town in a sandstorm.

I tried to get the tablet but it was too difficult to locate the church in the sand-I then learned of a book that held a map of the town. I was about to destroy it and free the creature when you all came and saved me..I am in your debt.
The time for talk is over "Imperious Rex!"-Namor then flies toward the house to battle the monster. Namor plans is to bash the monster.
It is a pretty straight foward battle after it is defeated. Namor breaks it's necks and only assured the monster is dead, orders Gruppt to set the entire island set on fire.
He plans to give the tablet to Dr. Strange.

Now if things start to go bad....DR. Strange shows up and teleports it to another realm and then takes the tablet.

Reawards: As deserved.
Tablet is made out of mystic stone: (Unearthly MS)

Monster

The Monster is a 8 foot tall two headed creature-it is a tall pink hummanoid-dressed in a red toga.

Fighting: Remarkable
Agility: Good
Strength: Unearthly
Endurance: Monstrous
Reason: Poor
Intuition: Excellent
Psyche: Excellent

Health: 215

Talents: Wrestling

Powers:

Armor Skin: Incredible protection against all physical and energy attacks.
Force Attack: The monster also has an Remarkable Force beam attack from it's right head with typical range
Acid Attack: The monster also has an Remarkable Acid spit attack from it's
Black Life: The monster produces a discharge from it's mouth that takes over the mind of whoever(if the fail a RED psyche feat) ingest it.
The user gains a desire to free the creature and to protect it and fight for it.

Only by being exposed to water(salt or fresh) will the mind controled victim gain another chance to break free of it's control.
killing the beast will also free the victim.
The victim also gains a fear of water and will avoid it.

The Monster is not very intelligent, so it can't be reasoned with,it acts on primarily on cunning. Both heads talk at the same time speaking in very crude english. saying things like "die" or "destroy"
It wants to be free from the Isle but to do that it needs to destroy the tablet.

Jack Handy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 09:22PM by nightson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.