Dark Acheron

Posted by TasK 
Dark Acheron
May 30, 2012 10:03AM
DARK ACHERON

Looking for open-minded players to play-test my new PbP (Play by Post) Marvel Superheroes game. Those familiar with the Advanced Players and Judges books will have no difficulties learning the new system as I design it. It's my eventual goal to design as system that will work with the original and advanced games and hopefully just flesh-out enough to give the game a new paint job.

For those who are interested, I've added a few changes...

Speaking of you (if I haven't lost your interest), I'd like to point out the subject of my setting.... You.

My setting requires that you stat yourself (after joining my community).

When this is done, you are required to pick a hero or villain who you'd like to be in the real world. Next I give you a proportioned slice of their attributes, powers (if any) and talents (if any) and then you get to add them to your own character. Next is up to you. Will you fight crime anonymously or will you use your new abilities for more nefarius ends.

If you'd like to know more, please follow the link. While the site and system is still a work in progress, I'm getting to the point where I need to start playtesting. Join me at...

[tasksgames.proboards.com]

Setting Information...

[tasksgames.proboards.com]

'Shhh. My common sense is tingling'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2012 10:05AM by TasK.
Re: Dark Acheron
May 30, 2012 05:52PM
Thanks for the invite and I may check this out.

It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.
Jack Handy
May 31, 2012 09:57AM
Sounds almost like a hybrid Marvel-Amber Diceless system..
May 31, 2012 07:00PM
Dark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds almost like a hybrid Marvel-Amber Diceless
> system..

Originally I was building a system that I envisioned being the next step from Basic to Advanced Marvel, but I added way too many dice mechanics. What I'm trying to do is find a balance between my system and the advanced; one that, hopefully, can be interchangeable with characters from any characters made from basic or advanced.

The system I'm trying to do is not diceless.

That being said, I have ve ran more than a few hybrid Marvel-Amber Diceless settings and think they work rather well with the right roleplayers. Too many players seem horrified by a system where you cannot throw dice. I love it. Captain America should whoop Cyclop's arse in a straight up melee fight, no dice needed. Cap verses Wolverine should be closer and come down to the roleplay, not dice.

I think I've seen you running a hybrid Marvel-Amber Diceless, what has been your experience with that style?

'Shhh. My common sense is tingling'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.