New MSH D20 Campaign: Nick of Time

Posted by NickofTime 
New MSH D20 Campaign: Nick of Time
April 14, 2013 03:52PM
Hi folks,

My regular gaming group will be taking a break for the next six weeks from their ongoing zombie apocalypse adventure to explore MSH. I have to thank you all for making available this fantastic website. There are some great resources here, and the forums have been hugely helpful. As at least one or two of our players will be remote for the three sessions, we are going to experiment and try using Roll20 to host the game, (www.roll20.net) It offers the ability to record the gaming session in Google Hangouts and save it to Youtube. So barring any technical issues, I hope to post our actual MSH gameplay sessions to this this thread as Youtube links.

I have to say, I'm pretty excited about this. In the spirit of recent Marvel movies, like Iron Man and the Avengers, I've suggested to them we should keep a cinematic theme to the game. To help them get into the spirit of things, I recorded a trailer.

Brace yourself. It's coming.
Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
Find out April 23rd.
Marvel Supers: In the Nick of Time.
Save the Date...
And the Day.

The game takes place in modern day New York City.
I've built my own adventure, but shamelessly borrowed from anything I could find. If all goes to plan, there should be three installments.

You can see the links to the player character sheets here. The players are finalizing development now. I limited them to four power slots max to keep them from becoming gods. As it is, some of them rolled very powerful attributes, so this may already be a challenge. They are still finalizing their character sheets, but I've included links to what they currently look like below.

Cast of Heroes:
The Whisper -Sound Manipulation|Vibration|Mind Transfer-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyIIMgC2OGxdHowTFZVQkZLcUZxWFQ4aHZJUHdyNlE&usp=sharing

The Tank -Body Resistance|Regeneration|Rocket Flight-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyIIMgC2OGxdGVWalNzMXJBaFBsT3F6M0E1bVFqNFE&usp=sharing

The Bat Man - Demihuman -Matter Conversion|Flight|Vibration-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyIIMgC2OGxdDE5bWViQXFyeFBxTHpQNlVEQlI1aXc&usp=sharing

The Nerd - Random Mutant -Electricity Emission|Electricity Detection|Reflection|Electricity Travel-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyIIMgC2OGxdDZjYzRpUnN0U3FqaWNIWlA3T05idlE&usp=sharing

The Blur - Induced Mutant -Hyperspeed-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyIIMgC2OGxdHdXak0tUENaQXBaMWZEQWM4WElnSWc&usp=sharing

P90X - Android -Animal Mimicry|Digestion|Voice Modulation-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyIIMgC2OGxdDBnWUVzbEZtR195X2I4NEtqSGJVWEE&usp=sharing

In the weeks to come, I'm sure I'll be frequenting the forums to get the benefit of the decades of experience you all have playing the game system. My players are extremely creative, and I hope I can provide a fun challenge.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2013 03:54PM by NickofTime.
Re: New MSH D20 Campaign: Nick of Time
April 23, 2013 08:45PM
Hey there folks,

We had a great time tonight defending the city from Giant Caterpillars and other evil-doers. We had a few technical issues, and were stuck using the microphone off of the laptop. It starts off a bit rough, but by session 2, we've got some of the kinks worked out and you can see the map. Perhaps next time Google Hangouts will cooperate with us.

Session 1: Character Introductions
http://youtu.be/p5BMb6WGbxk

Session 2: Caterpillar Combat
http://youtu.be/CV_chODIDaA

Session 3: Shawarma
http://youtu.be/5-FK2GEeQLc

We'll be getting together again in two weeks to pick up where we left off.
April 24, 2013 04:13AM
Very cool... and also impressively very fancy!

We still use the ol' dry-erase battle map, lead minis, and dice with numbers colored in crayon lol

Loved the caterpillar's demise thumbs up

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
April 24, 2013 08:27AM
Nicely done! It's a fun sampling of how to play the game for people like me who are fairly new to MSH.

Beyond the initial kinks are you finding that Roll20 is easy to pick up and use?
April 25, 2013 06:56AM
I should be very careful to say that any true long-term MSH gamers are probably shaking their heads at my performance as a GM. Sadly, none of our group has the time like we did when we were young to spend hours poring over the source materials, debating interpretations and memorizing tables. So we definitely missed or mis-interpeted a ton of rules and how they should have been applied. I winged it a lot.

None of the guys playing read the rulebook going in, so they were learning to play as our session progressed. But the feat chart is really easy to pick up, and I printed for each of them a copy of their character sheets and a feat chart so they could get a sense of how difficult certain actions would be. I was also remiss in adding all the conditional modifiers - +4CS for a point blank shot, -2CS for cover, etc. I'll probably print out the judge's screen next time and pass that to the players to give them a sense.

Some of the homerules we applied for this game included:

(1) Initiative: I feel like the initiative system as written is a bit too time-consuming. My guys have the attention span of small children. So I instead went for initiative = (Intuition / 10) +1 = the number of d10s you get to roll. So if your Intuition is 0-19, 1d10. 20-29 - 2d10 and so forth. I then borrowed from DnD and Savage Worlds systems so they had the ability to hold their action and interrupt another's action if they preferred, or prepare an action based on a trigger.

(2) Power stunts: We aren't playing a full-blown campaign, so we don't have the luxury of the players building out their power stunts over time. I decided I would let them do anything they can conceive with their powers at the level rank they rolled. So right off the bat they can perform any power in any way they can imagine - no limitations. But they get three power stunts, or signature moves. We're playing three sessions, so I set it up for them that if they perform their signature move several times so that they get one red success, two yellows and three greens, then they have mastered this signature move. They now get to perform this one power stunt as if their power was +1CS shift.

(3) Advancement. Part of the fun of any game is getting to advance your characters. Since we're only playing three sessions, I'll probably be giving them an opportunity to spend karma to advance their skills at a much reduced rate from standard rules. They earned about 115 karma this session. I've decided they each get 115, instead of only having 115 split among the group. It makes it easier. I've got to figure out how to give them the ability to spend it without making them godlike by the session session. I want them to feel more invested in their characters though, and to have a few decisions to make.

(4) Character Creation. I don't think I told the players this, but I capped their total powers to four. I figured that more than that would lead to overpowered characters that wouldn't find anything challenging. If they rolled up 2/4 powers, then I would give them the list of the powers PLUS any optional powers available from the initial. And they could then choose any of the original powers plus the optional powers with a cap of four powers. Double-slot powers like precognition and regeneration still counted as two powers. This seemed to work pretty well. Plus, it gives me some flexibility for next session if they happen to get caught in a reactor and end up with a new power for session 3. smiling smiley

(5) Crazy criticals. I enjoy listening to the www.rpgmp3.com podcasts of live gameplay, and they have a session out there using the Rolemaster game rules. It was always fun to see what happened when you rolled a critical in that game. You consulted a series of tables and could achieve all sorts of benefits - amputation, improved dodge for one round, bonus second attack, 3x damage, etc. Heck, even in DnD and Savage worlds, you can crit on a 20 or explode your dice. So I figured it would be fun to incorporate some of that unpredictability into MSH by adding some extra oomph to red result feat successes. Perhaps I went overboard with the 3x damage for the caterpillar, resulting in 300 points of damage in one attack. But it was sort of fun.smiling smiley

Regarding the Roll20 tool:

The Good:
(1) I think you will find it's extremely easy to use. I recommend you watch the tutorial video to get the most out of it. The fog of war function is very cool. I hope we get to use that next session.

(2) Easy access to maps and icons. If you need to add a monster, you can type in the search bar and see if someone has already uploaded something. There's a great library for cars, trucks. One user 'Steel Rat' has a lot of high quality icons. Then click and drag into the map to turn into a villain.But you can always make your own as well. Just go to google images, find a good image, download to your PC. Then you can upload it into roll20. I think you get 100 megs of space with a free account. If you wanted to donate $4.95, they boost your space to 1 gig, and they give you access to dynamic lighting on the maps. I figured I would try that, since I would be making heavy use of the tool and thought it would be nice to support them.

(3) Music. The music was a fun touch. You have access to anything on soundcloud - upload your stuff there and then play it. You can also search for sound effects : chilling laughter, helicopters, etc. It adds a little to ambiance. I'm thinking of having music for every fight scene, much like a video game.

(4) Initiative tracking seems to work well. And I can let the players input their own initiative to save me time. Just need to click on sort. Players can move their own pieces, which is convenient as well.

The tricky:

(1) It works best on Chrome browser. I found some clicking issus when I logged in from Internet Explorer. (had to double-click sometimes to select in IE)

(2) If you run it in Google Hangouts, you lose a little bit of screen real estate space
a. The camera appears on the bottom showing you and your players. So you lose 2-3 three inches on the bottom.
b. And there's a loss of about half an inch or so with the google hangouts toolbar on the left.

(3) If you run it through Google Hangouts, you have to install the Roll20 App by clicking on Add Apps and then Roll20.
a. It sometimes freezes when you install the first time.
b. So I'd recommend you install a day or two in advance. And build ten minutes for your players to connect, and possibly have to disconnect
and reconnect to get all of that out of the way.

(4) The Google Hangouts voice and video server is faster than the Roll20 server and freezes less.
a. So I'd recommend if you have a lot of remote players, consider using audio/video via google hangouts, not the roll20 servers.

(5) Sunday nights are a bit laggy at times.
a. I think that maybe a lot of people game on Sunday nights, so we noticed in testing that the connection seemed a bit laggy.
b. We played on Wednesday nights, and there didn't seem to be an issue.

(6) If you want to record and upload your sessions to Youtube:
a. Note that google hangouts has a function that will allow you to broadcast your session and record directly into Youtube.
b. You would need to set up your youtube account first. Make sure you 'verify' under the upload button so you can upload videos longer than 15 minutes in length.
c. I ended up using a program called Xsplit which records everything I do directly onto my computer. Then I upload that file to Youtube afterwards.

Overall, I thought roll20 was a great tool, and I'm pleased with how it worked out. You could start up a game with almost no prep time if you could find an appropriate map and monster art in their archives. I also like being able to show photos of the environment to the players. That's a fun touch.

The technical glitches we experienced were that Josh's television normally connects via an HDMI cable, so we can present the contents of the laptop to the TV. But his wire was frayed. So we were unable to broadcast the entire screen to the players... So we had to take another player's laptop and put it on the table so they could all see the maps and interact.

The other glitch was I thought my computer had a microphone input slot.. we were going to plug in a very nice microphone to pick up the voices of the players. But I didn't realize my laptop doesn't have a microphone slot. So we were stuck just using the computer's built in microphone for audio. I think the audio quality could have been better. But now I'm picking nits. smiling smiley

It's a good tool - the challenge is to make sure the players don't get too focued on grid combat. They'll stop thinking in three dimensions or using their imaginations. Sometimes the old tools that Relic mentioned are the best for these sorts of things, since your imagination is doing all the heavy lefting when you have dry-erase battlemats and minis!
April 25, 2013 09:58AM
Good stuff.

Initiative: coming from an AD&D background, I remember in our youth we had a lot of resistance against using the combat sequence as listed in the APB (pg 14, "Time Scale - the Turn"). But picking up the game again with new players decades later, we found using it as-written added a nice element of random "Oops!-Factor" for even the toughest hero with the best intentions (a "1" is a 1 regardless of Initiative mod in our game);

Advancement: easily the trickiest part of MSH, especially when you have players coming from traditional dungeon-crawl, loot-n-level up backgrounds. I found, keeping players feeling like their hero(ine) is becoming more an integral part of a bigger picture (more connectedness to NPCs, earning street cred in the community, striking fear into bad guys just by showing up, earning attention/respect of established heroes, etc) can be a rewarding sign of growth, in addition to individual statistical advancement;

Tech v. Ol' School: We've played our past two sessions now with anywhere from 3-5 in-house players and one remote via Google+ hangout. Both times there were tech issues and hitches with our remote player that really took away from the immersion factor of in-person RPGing, imo (and we're a tech-savvy bunch, 4 from tech-related jobs, 1 current and 1 former Google-ite), so it's not like we didn't have the resource and know-how to fix stuff on the fly. But still after all the hitches and glitches the first time we tried to play, then more of the same in this latest session (where our remote player working on-location in Ireland at the time said he only got about 50-75% of what was going on), I'm really leaning against doing the virtual-player thing all together. I think it just detracts too much, from in-house player's ability to become immersed, from my ability to paint the picture and set the mood w/o interruption, and remote player's overall experience as well.

That said, using tech for things like stat tracking, health/damage tracking, initiative, stun or effect durations etc. is a godsend. Our last game had 5 characters in-house, one virtual/remote, 2 allied NPCs vs. a half dozen Super villains, a dozen henchmen, not to mention a summoned darkforce Oni demon, and some mutate mole rats from a torture pit, which one of the heroes with Earth Ctrl cleverly (and unexpectedly!) set free upon the bad guys by creating a tunnel from the pit into the main chamber where all chaos ensued. Luckily I'd created a spreadsheet in advance, otherwise it would've been a number-crunching nightmare.

Anyway, looking fwd to the conclusion

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
April 29, 2013 03:43PM
Hahah - now that is a very clever use of the earth control power. I love it. smiling smiley That sounds like quite a formidable encounter as well.

Our group in the past has one person who is always remote and a travelling salesman who is 50% remote. The biggest challenge our remote folks tell us is audio - just being able to follow and track what's going on with the story and what people are saying. We try not to talk over each other, but I'm certain it happens all the time. Our group is too boisterous at times, perhaps. They don't bother asking us to repeat things, but sometimes when we discuss events the next day, it's clear they missed something big. ("What's that? Kenny died?") That's been a big challenge for us, too.

We have also used Google Hangouts in the past. Sometimes accompanied with Maptools. But I'm still convinced that remote gaming is worth it. I take some inspiration from the folks over at www.rpgmp3.com. They used to solely record podcast audio of their gaming sessions. But in recent years, (as their gaming group spread across the map) they moved to using Google hangouts or other tools and now all of their members connect remotely.
May 09, 2013 02:48AM
Hi all,

The heroes returned on Tuesday night to fight the forces of evil and score some frequent flier miles in our second installment of Marvel Superheroes. We had a remote player this week, so you can see how Roll20 works in combination with hangouts.

(now available in HD)

Chapter 2 Part 1 of 3:
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the team is introduced to a new member: The Whisper, who can control minds and sound. They get word of a bank robbery in progress and race to the scene.

Chapter 2 Part 2 of 3:
[www.youtube.com]

The team accepts an invitation from SHIELD to visit their R&D facility in New Mexico. But first they have to get there. Their first-class flight turns out to be more than they bargained for.

Chapter 2 Part 3 of 3:
[www.youtube.com]

The team arrives at a SHIELD Research and Development campus in New Mexico where they meet none other than Nick Fury himself. He debriefs them on their two-day mission, while other mysteries present themselves.

Full playlist here:
[www.youtube.com]

After debating how to handle advancement, I eventually took their karma earned (115) and divded by 5, rounding to the nearest 10. This gave them 20 advancement points. I advised them they could use this to improve stats and power rankings. The higher they raised the stat, the more expensive it would become.

Ranking Cost to Improve 1 Point
1-10 1
11-30 2
31-40 3
41-60 4
61-100 5

This seemed to work pretty well. The weakest player in the group (The Bat) was able to spread his stats out among FASE and boost his really low health by 20 points. This also gave another play the ability to boost his fighting from 16 to 26, and earn two attacks. I don't think this would work for a long term campaign, but not bad for a six-week series.
May 09, 2013 04:49AM
Glad to see things are continuing to go well smiling smiley
May 23, 2013 05:31AM
I've uploaded the third chapter of our ongoing Roll20 Superheroes session. A big drawn-out battle that is pretty entertaining to see how creative the players are becoming with their powers. They are definitely learning how to work as a team, and mysteries continue to unfold around them. I'm also figuring out how helpful Roll20 is in terms of adding to the experience: Adding images of people they meet, even adding youtube video to show the bad guy (as you see in session 1). Definitely starting to enjoy some of the additional features of Roll20.

The fight starts in Session 2. (pictures and video in session 1)

Chapter 3: Session 1 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the team pushes themselves to their limits against the Enforcement Droid 209 (ED209). Bear witness to new levels of creativity and teamwork as the team learn to work together to take down a serious threat. But will they all survive?

Chapter 3: Session 2 of 3
[www.youtube.com]
In this session, the team begins the first half of an epic battle against the Enforcement Droid 209 (ED209). Who will survive?

Chapter 3: Session 3 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the team pushes themselves to their limits against the Enforcement Droid 209 (ED209). Bear witness to new levels of creativity and teamwork as the team learn to work together to take down a serious threat. But will they all survive?

Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs4BwssEValRwMbdyFTU2TXzwpdkW2tDy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2013 07:07AM by NickofTime.
May 23, 2013 09:48PM
These are really great and fun to watch - can't go wrong w/the ED 209!

I gave Roll20 a test-drive earlier today after watching some of your clips and I must say it's impressive. My gaming group prefers a fairly even balance between RPing and combat so I think if I can keep its use selective to key confrontations, I can see it being a very useful gaming aid, especially for our one remote player. Thanks for essentially demoing it in these vids - good stuff! thumbs up

May 30, 2013 07:44AM
Glad you're enjoying these - I have to say, we're having a really great time playing right now. This is intended to be a short one-off series before we go back to our longstanding campaign. But I can totally see how we could set up a very satisfying ongoing campaign.

Roll20 is really working out pretty well so far. There's lots of bells and whistles with them.

Incidentally, I've been avoiding making a lot of the maps for this campaign, and have been shamelessly borrowing from the Internet. Here are a few sources that have worked well for modern supers campaigns. This might be useful to someone at some point:

[www.floorplanner.com] - Make your own floorplans - check their galleries of what others have made. This was originally intended for people buying homes and floor design specialists, but people on the Internet have hijacked it for RPG purposes. There's some good stuff already there!

[rpgmapshare.com]

[www.dundjinni.com] - Some great gems in here. Change the filter to show all topics from forever and you'll find some excellent contributions.

[rpgvirtualtabletop.wikidot.com]

[www.wizards.com] - Nice ones, but all black and white.

[www.dundjinni.com] - A city street block collection.
May 31, 2013 10:46AM
Thanks for those links!

I'll be planning a story arc finale episode in the nxt few weeks and may go with Roll20 for the first time as well. Our precursor to the finale was met w/lots of tech difficulties resulting in our remote player via Ireland only getting roughly 50-75% of what was going on and we tried everything; suffice it to say -- very frustrating. I think the Roll20 will greatly help him on the combat side of things for sure (we'd used traditional battle map + minis so the folks present were fine). Anyway, I'll be needing a few maps for both above and underground situations so I'm sure I'll be able to track down what I need - thx again thumbs up

June 02, 2013 03:42PM
Hey Relic,

Since you'll already be using a computer for your upcoming campaign, maybe you might consider recording your sessions and throwing them up on Youtube? I've found xsplit or ffsplit are both good programs for recording sessions. You would definitely have at least one follower!
June 03, 2013 07:55PM
Hmmm... definitely a consideration but I'll make no promises, yah? I'm thinking for our next session it'll be a lot of figuring techy stuff out, so likely won't record it and have one less thing to deal with (besides I wouldn't want to expose you to the profanities that slip like when we've run into tech probs in the past lol); if all goes well, however, and I get a better feel for roll20 in actual play, I'll definitely look into capturing future sessions for viewing as the next step winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2013 07:56PM by Relic.
June 06, 2013 02:33AM
Totally understood. smiling smiley

Here is Chapter 4 to our campaign. I'm really happy with how the last 20 minutes went. I think the players thought this would be the last Chapter ending the campaign.. but there's a sizable twist!

Nick of Time Chapter 4 Session 1 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the team recovers from their battle with the Enforcement Droid. Max the Tank realizes he has lost his rocket power, and must figure out a way to expend the energy building inside of him before disaster strikes.

Nick of Time Chapter 4 Session 2 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the team returns back to their home in New York City. The Nerd receives a call from an old friend on the force who has a disturbing case for him.. and a gift.

Nick of Time Chapter 4 Session 3 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the heroes pursue a killer into the sewers of New York and discover the secret behind the mutant killings over the past decades. But not is all as it seems - in the last twenty minutes of the session, our heroes meet someone they never would have expected to meet in their entire lives - themselves!

Playlist: [www.youtube.com]
June 08, 2013 01:29PM
Given that the players are now stranded - mostly naked - in 1957, and they just met themselves, I sent these two links their way to prepare them for next week's session.
smiling smiley

(1) Ten Reasons Why Time Travel is No Good.

(2) A Conversation With My Twelve Year Old Self.

June 13, 2013 02:48AM
Here's Chapter 5. It's an interesting thought exercise to ask yourself what would you do if you were transported virtually naked into the past. Now we get to see what these heroes did.

Chapter 5 Part 1 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the heroes find themselves transported into 1957 in the middle of a high school dance in Wiggum, Mississippi. They are naked, without any friends or money. And time is running out. How will they get to Rosswell, New Mexico? Will they be able to rescue the Nemisis before his government captors drive him mad, ensuring certain doom the future? Will the Bat win the 'Best Costume' contest? Only time will tell.

Chapter 5 Part 2 of 3

[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the heroes find themselves transported into 1957 in the middle of a high school dance in Wiggum, Mississippi. They have to find clothes and equipment and a way to get to Sierra Base in New Mexico. But how does a naked super hero make money quick in 1957?

Chapter 5 Part 3 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the time-transplanted heroes board a train to Dallas in 1957, but find themselves dragged into trouble when dinosaurs rampage through the city. Paradoxes lay waiting with every step. Will they step on any butterflies?
June 13, 2013 07:54AM
These are great man thumbs up I like to play them in the bg while I'm working on stuff; feels like I'm gaming too lol

June 26, 2013 02:34PM
Hey folks,

Things are beginning to build towards a dramatic finale as we begin the sixth session of the campaign. Our heroes are stuck in 1957, making their way across the American South to get to Roswell, New Mexico on a quest to save the future.

Chapter 6 Part 1 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the heroes settle into a road trip, travelling by train from Shreiveport to Abelene. They make a phone call to Nick Fury of 1957, but can they convince him of their incredible story?

Chapter 6 Part 2 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the heroes ditch the train and take a road trip out into the desert. They enjoy the finer foods that 1957 Texas has to offer, and make it to a diner in Roswell, New Mexico, Here they meet the scientist Everet Hughes III. And they also die in a nuclear blast.

Chapter 6 Part 3 of 3
[www.youtube.com]

In this session, the time-transposed heroes find themselves reliving the exact same moment at the diner. Can they prevent the explosion before time runs out?

Chapter 6 Part 4 Bonus Material
[www.youtube.com]

Bonus material from this session. Max the Tank (Mike) is playing remotely from Bermuda, and gives us a tour of his hotel room. The players spend their 200 karma and advance their character powers.
July 05, 2013 05:28AM
Hi all,

We're at the penultimate session. Our heroes have traveled through time. They've died in an atomic explosion. And now they are about to infiltrate a heavily guarded top-secret government bunker in a no-holds barred attempt to save the future. Our last session will be this Tuesday - whether they save the world or even survive has yet to be determined.

Chapter 7 Part 1 of 3
In this session, the heroes finally meet up with Nick Fury of 1957. He still has both eyes. Will they able to convince him that they are telling the truth?

[www.youtube.com]

Chapter 7 Part 2 of 3
In this session, the heroes begin to storm Sierra Base, a top-secret military compound that is detaining the alien Gray and torturing it for information. These acts will one day cause this alien to go insane and destroy the world. Can they get in undetected?

[www.youtube.com]

Chapter 7 Part 3 of 3
In this session, the heroes have infiltrated the top secret Sierra Base. They manage to bypass the thirty-foot-thick bunker door and encounter Doctor von Schultz, who traps them in a testing chamber and irradiates them. What happens next is completely unexpected!

[www.youtube.com]

Chapter 7: Bonus Material - Character Advancement
The heroes spend their karma and level up prior to the game starting.

[www.youtube.com]
July 07, 2013 05:01AM
I'm also enjoying them in the bg while I work. Thanks for posting these! smiling bouncing smiley
July 12, 2013 10:17AM
Well, I thought this would be the last session, but it appears we have one more remaining. The heroes continue their infiltration of Sierra Base and many secrets are revealed.

Nick of Time Chapter 8 Part 1

This is a recording of game play for TSR's 1982 classic Marvel Superheroes Roleplaying Game. In this session, the heroes continue their battle against Doctor Eric von Schultz, and learn several secrets revealing the nefarious purpose of Sierra Base.

[www.youtube.com]

Nick of Time Chapter 8 Part 2
This is a recording of game play for TSR's 1982 classic Marvel Superheroes Roleplaying Game. In this session, the heroes manage to infiltrate into the second level of the bunker. The Bat uses his telekenisis to break down the door to a room at the end of the hallway. Could this be the mysterious "Fourth Door" that their selves from the future warned them about?

[www.youtube.com]

Nick of Time Chapter 8 Part 3

This is a recording of game play for TSR's 1982 classic Marvel Superheroes Roleplaying Game. In this session, the heroes break into a barracks manned by the first generation of mutants the world has ever seen. They are a collection of the meanest,nastiest villains our heroes have ever seen. They have guns. And they're not happy. Is it possible we will witness yet another total party kill?

[www.youtube.com]

Nick of Time Chapter 8 Part 4 Bonus Character Advancement

This session includes some bonus material as the players spend karma to advance their characters. They also spend the first four minutes waxing nostalgic over classic video games.

[www.youtube.com]
July 13, 2013 08:03AM
Damn! I've some catching up to do

July 25, 2013 05:42AM
Hi folks,

Our Marvel Superheroes campaign came to to a thrilling conclusion this week. I have to say, we had a blast. That game from 1982 was a real gem. It held up really well. Our players loved the Universal table. They were asking if these mechanics could be applied to other genres. It's interesting to see how their game play style changed from the first session, where they didn't know their powers that well and they had never played this system before - to the final game four months later.

They really got much more creative with their powers. And yet still, the guy who had matter conversion probably didn't tap into a tenth of the potential he had with that power. Insane. Many thanks to all the people in this community for making available these resources so we could have all this fun and better understand the rules.

Here's the final chapter:

Nick of Time Chapter 9 Part 1 of 3
In this final chapter of our campaign, the heroes find themselves propelled backwards in time just two minutes before the Roswell bunker self destruct was set. Will they be able to prevent the death of Nick Fury and their own destruction?

Nick of Time Chapter 9 Part 2 of 3
In this final chapter of our campaign, the battle rages on with the mutant soldiers of Sierra Base. The heroes fight side by side with their selves of 2 minutes prior. They find themselves re-living the battle, injected in between. They say travel broadens the mind.. but time travel blows the mind.

Nick of Time Chapter 9 Part 3 of 3
In this final chapter of the campaign, the heroes make it to the detention level, where they find what they came back to 1957 for: The alien gray known as Nemesis. Will they succeed in their mission? Will they save the Nemesis? How does Andy the Android lose his arm? How does Nick Fury lose his eye? Will they make it back to 2013 or be propelled into 2 million BC? All these questions and more are answered in a surprising and satisfying finale. This concludes the campaign and the adventure. We had a great time trying out TSR's 1982 gem. Hope you enjoyed listening as well!

Nick of Time Chapter 9 Bonus Material The Good, the Bad and Ugly
This is a highlight reel of the highest and lowest parts of the Marvel Super Heroes Nick of Time campaign spanning all nine chapters. Warning - there are spoilers. Best to only watch after seeing the entire series.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 8
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.