D.A.R.T Initiative

Posted by michaellone 
D.A.R.T Initiative
May 16, 2013 02:46PM
Below is the start of my new game, set in the Marvel Movie-verse. I see it as a logical and cost-effective extension of the Avenger Initiative.

Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division
Washington, DC
Office of the Director

D.A.R.T Initiative
(Defense Against Regional Threats)

With the rise of High Threat incidents over the past few years, it has been deemed necessary to establish regional cells that can act as first response team and determine if any other assets are required to deal the situation. These cells will be manned by SHIELD operatives and augmented with select personal with unique talents. Agent Romanov will be in charge of the initial frame work and candidate selection process. This is a High Priority Initiative and I expect to be kept in the loop on developments.

Nick Fury
Director (S.H.I.E.L.D)

Let me know what you guys think... Mike
Re: D.A.R.T Initiative
May 17, 2013 11:46AM
Is this an online game and are you accepting players?
May 17, 2013 07:02PM
Sounds cool.
If it's an online, game I'd like to try it.

My characters:

Retcon: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Mutant Managerie: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
May 18, 2013 02:28AM
It's my local group, not online. Hoping to document all the work that we are putting into this so that others can use the setting for their local games. More to come soon.
May 18, 2013 02:53AM
Sounds like a good premise, Mike. GL with this and keep us posted with the usual hero stats, mission updates, etc etc. thumbs up

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
May 18, 2013 04:37PM
Can't wait to hear more about it.

My characters:

Retcon: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Mutant Managerie: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
May 19, 2013 04:29AM
To: Director Fury
Subject: DART Initiative

As requested, I have gathered a team to lay the frame work for the DART Initiative. We are currently reviewing personal files to find appropriate candidates. We should have a list of agents to head the regional cells on your desk by the end of the week.

After a full analysis of the task, using the mission statement and extrapolating potential directives, we have determined that a response time of one hour is acceptable and plotting cell sites accordingly. We calculated the range using conventional travel methods, in an effort to keep operation cost low and to prevent the exposure of special projects to the public. Using conventional mil-spec rotor blade aircraft as a basis; that should give each cell a range of two hundred and fifty miles. Counting for overlapping coverage and geographical challenges, we are looking at roughly fifty cells.

This is our initial analysis.
May 19, 2013 04:35AM
Hey guys thanks for the support. Brain has been going in 15 different directions about this and trying to get it all down. Hopefully I will be able to put more to paper this week.

Saw the Agents of SHIELD trailer yesterday for the first time. Wow, eerily similar to where I am going with this. I was looking to focus more on minor supers being supervised by a SHIELD agent, but like where they are taking it. I think that either way would work well for DART.

More to come soon.
May 19, 2013 09:50AM
It has an attractive element that would draw players old and new. Without getting to buddy buddy, it open to ties to prime personalities of the marvel universe! Who doesn't want to call Captain America buddy?
And based on the movie verse, it like a whole new rave! Brittney Spears who, Lindsey Lohan what? Ironman here, forget those loozers!!
May 20, 2013 05:23AM
To: Agent Romanov
Subject: DART Logistics

As requested, I have a team working on the support equipment for the DART Initiative that you outlined. Due to your need to blend in as a standard government agency, we are basing most of the visible equipment with standard civilian models. Your teams should not have any issues with being conspicuous unless they do things with the equipment that is unauthorized. Any technology used that is deemed Level 6 or above will have fail safes to prevent it from getting into unauthorized hands.

I will send you final candidate specifications as they become available.

Dr. Stanford Lee
Equipment and Logistics Division
May 20, 2013 05:26AM
Rapid Response Rotor (R3)

Type: Air
Cost: Mn
Control: Ex/Gd (ASM)
Speed: Rm/Gd (ASM)
Body: Ex
Protection: Ex

The R3 is based on the Westland Lynx chassis and modified to SHIELD specifications. In addition to adding two mission equipment pods, strengthening the sub-frame, armoring the interior and adding an active stealth coating the exterior; they also replaced the turbine motor and rotors with a new hybrid model that allows the craft travel mostly silent for short periods of time.

Active Stealth Mode (Rm)

When ASM is engaged, the craft becomes nearly impossible to detect via radar. The exterior panels are charged, allowing the active stealth coating to absorb 90% most forms of low level energy (radar, radio, sound, and light). To anyone watching, it becomes a dark blur in the sky and seems to disappear from active radar. In addition, the hybrid motor and rotors goes in to whisper mode. Running only on electric power and cutting the attack angle of the rotor blades, the sound level of drops significantly though at the cost of performance.

Due to the heavy power consumption of ASM and the limitation of current battery tech, the R3 is only able to maintain this mode for 5 minutes. Once in standard flight mode, it will take at least 30 minutes to recharge the batteries with on-board APU (auxiliary power unit).

Mission Equipment Pods

As the needs of the mission change, the R3 is able to adapt. Each pod is 3 ft in diameter,7 ft long, and able to support up to 1000 lbs of equipment. The versatility of the pods are nearly endless. Examples of pod designs: fuel pods to extend fight range, cargo pods to store gear, sensor pods geared for a specific mission requirement. Though weapon pods are in the design phase, the avionics interfaces for the pods are not up to standards at this time.
June 29, 2015 02:27PM
This looks like something I might use. Too bad we didn't get more on what he was going to do with the game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 11
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.