The Watcher vs. The Grandmaster

Posted by GILGAMESH 
The Watcher vs. The Grandmaster
May 17, 2013 11:43PM
The emptiness of space is a false assumption of many peoples. prolific,star spanning empires battle each other for power and the right to say we are the greatest. Asteroids the size of small ships destroy budding civilizations, forces of the universe eat the life force from other planets. I have seen life,death and more things under a million suns that would make most minds gibbering oozes. My vows have kept watching only,but then i saw it an watched something that made not only made me fore go my vow but become an active participent in his twisted games. The grandmaster from a far distant universe was betting with cosmic level enteties and winning, he then began putting these cosmic beings under the sway of other beings like mephisto, shuma gorath in other realaties watching the extra power corrupt and ultimetly destroy that universe. So now i Aitu the watcher of a small universe am gambling my own power and soul to ensure that this crazed elder losses. We have a nameless third party arbritrating the game so no one cheats. the rules are simple we each get 50 players for every 10 wins we can introduce 1 new rule that each must abide by. For my part i shall be drawing my players from the far end of universes so off the beaten track and of such diversity that hopefully he will be shocked by my choices and make mistakes, he is insane not stupid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 07:14AM by GILGAMESH.
Re: The Watcher vs. The Grandmaster
May 18, 2013 08:51AM
Hi all having been inspired by BelleReeve and Lazlo_Dei royal type rumbles,hopefully it will be enjoyable for others. There will be several home brewed heroes and villains from my and major steels games. I am using quite a few from Ben reilly page and the canon types done by all the awesome write ups there. I am definetly willing to take request for some of the more esoteric types for this campaign.

Aitu is astounded, he watches as the grandmaster begins transporting cities from dying earths to build his game world. Then sewing them all together into an actual world, he said he wanted a place where none of the busy body types can crash the fun. His power levels are such that i believe him, it firms my resolve to make sure that i must win even at the cost of my own life. After the world is finished he gets down to the business we spend the next three earth days arguing back and forth over the rules we finely agreed on 3 rules.
1, no power houses of near cosmic level type levels and above.
2.after ten wins, a new rule may be introduced by winner, all players will be sent back to home realities after game.
3, The winner decides the fate of the loser and the third party is there to ensure no cheating and fulfillment of contract between parties.
The third party seems to be some kind of shadowed man/demon with a nasty spear, it's weapon is some kind of ultimate nullifier capable of slaying cosmic level enteties.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 09:23AM by GILGAMESH.
May 18, 2013 01:14PM
Each of us has fifty names on a sheet of paper, the intelligence of the energy screens mixes them up and randomly draws to begin the game. we throw the sheets at the screens they are absorbed,alien script scrawls across the screens finely a name comes up on each screen. Each player is told they can gain the one thing they most desire, if they win.
grandmaster 1. omega red
watcher 1. white tiger( hector ayla)
Grandmaster 2. Sarah Kerrigan " The queen of blades."
watcher 2. Weapon X ( logan from AOA)
grandmaster 3. Scorpian(mortal combat)
watcher 3. Riddick( yes that one)
grandmaster 4. Mr. freeze(DC)
watcher 4. Seahawk (image)
grandmaster 5. Kaine(spiderman clone)
watcher 5. Oni ( home brew)
grandmaster 6. Deathstroke(DC)
watcher 6. blink( AOA/Exiles)
grandmaster 7. Killershrike
watcher 7. Enigma( home brew)
grandmaster 8. Kraven
watcher 8. White Bolt( home brew)
grandmaster 9. imus champion
watcher 9. Domino
grandmaster 10. Sylar
watcher 10. scarlet witch
Killowog was subbed out being a galactic guardian thus rule 1.
the first ten are up it should prove a very interesting, go ahead and make bets or pick your favorite now mind you i will be playing them based on write ups and my knowledge of them. lot of good fights here but one i am looking forward to to is Riddick and Scorpian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 09:28PM by GILGAMESH.
May 20, 2013 07:00AM
The watcher sees the portals open all over a city scape of a new york. He hopes his choices will allow for victory. During his arguments and bickering of rules with the insane grandmaster, he had sent a etheral message to all the heroes he chose of the true stakes of this game that the very existance of all creation could be endangered. He refocuses on the second group of combatants now exiting in another city scape/version of new york.
The grandmaster was laughing, he said that we were changing the rules just a little. All the games were going to be played at once he seemed to have figured out one of my strategies a reminder that i was playing with the Grandmaster.So I know was able to bend my own contractual obligation i sent some of my own mental essence to my team hoping that it could provide some help.( adds his karma to any of the players who team up and have leader). The shadow demon seems to move about agitated,he looks at me' The grandmaser has changed the rules thus are you permitted to do as you have done, but i watch and wait. his voice is like a deep well of nothingness and echoes through my eternity.
grandmaster 1. shatterstar
watcher 1. snake eyes
grandmaster 2. Cheeta( dc,male version)
watcher 2.lion-O
gm 3. Deacon frost(comic book version)
w. 3. solomn kane
gm 4. speed demon
w 4. selene
gm 5. sub-zero
w 5. ryu
gm 6. blood scream
w 6. Batman(comic book version)
gm 7. jeppers creeper
w 7. Captain america( ultima version)
gm 8. joystick
w 8. Battlestar
gm 9. venom( original brock)
w 9.mimic(exile version)
gm 10. Mongoose
w 10. Rom the space knight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2013 10:27AM by GILGAMESH.
May 20, 2013 11:00AM
More portals in another new york. I can only hope he does not change rule one as he did to rule two. I think even the insane grandmaster can not change rule three,if so a small hope exist.
Grandmaster 1. Lady Khan(home brew)
Watcher 1. Big Brain( from alt. earth, reed richards in dooms body).
gm 2. man wolf
w. 2. Blade(using mix of write ups)
gm 3. Bison(street fighter)
w 3. Rambo
gm 4. Scourge( jack monroe,updated for here from ben reily's page).
w 4. Bloodwynd(DC)
gm 5. Mayhem(mc2 universe)
w 5. Powerfist( luke cage with ironfist power)
gm 6. havok(AOA)
w 6. scarlet spider
gm 7. Swordsman 3(strucker)
w 7. Project alice
May 20, 2013 11:08AM
I suggest to the grandmaster to make the game more interesting that we merge the cities and just have free for all this way the level of destruction and the over chaos would truly show us who chose better.I try to appeal to his vanity at being who he is and that one such as me could not hope to win and in my desperation can win. He taps his chin with his finger and agrees a small cunning smile on his face. he stops the third round of picks and says it's a wonderful idea but since i suggested the change he shall have three extra picks to be put where he wants and of coarse i must agree so my other ploy is not blown .
I look to the shadow demon How may I balance this.
It's nebelous eyes narrow slightly As you have suggested,so has he accepted as host of the games,but to even the odds you may bring one who has not been chosen. I nod my psychic head to him, i know who my pick is to be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2013 11:24AM by GILGAMESH.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.