PBP

Posted by Relic 
PBP
June 11, 2013 11:33PM
Hey, been revisiting the archives of a brief PBP game shared with some CMF members a while back (check it out here: [uatu-is-watching.proboards.com]) And while I'm gearing up but not quite ready to run a new game, it seems a shame not to turn the reigns over to others who might put the site to use. It is well set up to run a MSH PBP game (specifically in fact), with both d10 and d100 in-post die rolling capability, and optional no delete/modification-once-posted feature, if desired; even a collapsible sidebar with teh Universal Table for reference. I wouldn't be opposed to setting things up for other Judges who'd want to try running their own PBP game using the site as it seems a waste not to put it to use; if interested just let me know.

As far as my PBP game, I'm just putting the feelers out and checking interest for now; will likely open it to 3-4 players (giving priority to a few folks that got the snub end of things the last game (tystates, gene come to mind)). Anyway, LMK.

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
Re: PBP
June 12, 2013 02:19AM
Hey Relic,

I wish I had the time to apply for your next round, but I'll have to settle for reading the posts. I am enjoying the character profiles and concepts. Quite a combination of personalities, looks like. Looking forward to reading how the original campaign went. Thanks for the link!
June 12, 2013 09:54AM
No worries NoT and glad you're enjoying; it was a bit of a test run (never did the PBP thing prior to it) just to see what works/what doesn't. Depending on interest, I'll ramp up running a game (though wouldn't mind being a player in a game either). Any aspiring Judge/story-tellers out there maybe wanting to test run a PBP of their own, definitely drop a PM

EDIT: okay, can't seem to get in any PBP as a player so will get mine going in the meantime; check the link in the first post and submit heroes if you'd like to give it a go!

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 07:52AM by Relic.
June 14, 2013 06:44AM
I notice that there's no real indication of what kind of game this is going to be - what kind of power levels are we talking? Is there likely to be a particular focus or genre to the campaign? Original characters only or variations on "canon" characters?

Anyhow, I quite enjoyed my last foray into pbp, even if it was sadly cut short before it really got going, so I might be interested.
June 14, 2013 09:35AM
Yeah a little bit on what you'd like to run, power levels, etc. would help.

June 14, 2013 11:05AM
TBD atm but I'll say the cliché "mid-level", to be interpreted as you will, featuring original/non-canon PCs (though I guess no one can stop you from submitting Wolvereena, just can't guarantee she'll make the cut); consider room for improvement/growth; and lastly, the streamlined hero over Lady OC (Overly-Convoluted) is generally preferred, and Cpt. Earth Shatterer might also likely but graciously be declined.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 11:08AM by Relic.
June 17, 2013 11:47PM
Where Legends Rise II "Intro" info added.

June 18, 2013 04:55AM
How goes the player recruitment? I'm still thinking about joining the game.

June 18, 2013 06:20AM
Awesome Ty! yeah it goes okay; one likely returning (well including yourself two) and a few new blood expressed interest via PM; won't take too many (one of the things I learned from last time) to keep the objectives clear and the energy focused. For now just jotting some behind-the-scenes thoughts and awaiting any hero submissions to trickle in... *whistles dixie*

Anyway I posted a teaser premise (link in above post); check it out when you've time and whip up/post a character (or we can also go with Robbie 'Hyper' Mireno as well - up to you!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2013 07:41AM by Relic.
June 18, 2013 09:37AM
hey relic nice intro
June 18, 2013 11:56AM
thx Gil, still open if you're interested

Bounce, got your PM but not sure if my reply went through; things are still early & building traction so feel free to submit an entry

June 19, 2013 08:27AM
One's aboard. On 'pause' waiting on a few good heroes and/or heroines

June 26, 2013 06:57AM
up and running (psiman check your PMs lol)

June 26, 2013 02:38PM
Fantastic introduction. Can't wait to read what happens next.
June 26, 2013 05:56PM
yep on board,looks like a mess of trouble and wink sticky siruation.
June 27, 2013 03:52AM
NickofTime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fantastic introduction. Can't wait to read what
> happens next.

thx man, stay tuned smoking smiley

July 02, 2013 10:50AM
yeah sorry relic the new skin and old comp are seem not to mix so i have to pull out.
July 02, 2013 12:13PM
no worries Gil, yeah i got your message on the other site; it's early and we're still getting things off the ground anyway. sorry the new update gave you the boot (it's an update that'll be installed across the board for all their user's forums by end of the year) so better to find out about tech probs now rather than later.

want to fill Gil's big shoes? check it [uatu-is-watching.proboards.com]

July 04, 2013 01:22PM
yeah was bummer my comp uses lynx wife likes it i uh uh
July 05, 2013 08:33PM
Forum-crippling glitches caused by an host update grounded the last attempt. Things are back up and running now at:

[faseripped.boards.net]

July 07, 2013 02:03PM
I think I will be sitting this version out..Have fun to all of y'all though.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
July 08, 2013 04:36AM
No worries Gene, random-gen's not for everyone but wanted to try something diff.

Slots still available; the game will start when it starts

July 08, 2013 10:44AM
I rolled for all my stats, ranks, # of things, and such (I did choose which powers and talents and contacts to go into the slots rolled)..I just don't care for making a character 2x and not getting to play him either time. No offense meant.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
July 08, 2013 08:25PM
No worries as I mentioned, Gene. Apparently the char gen rules were either too strict, confusing or both; I've since watered them down - LOTS - so if you change your mind, you're welcome to try again. If it gets off the ground, cool; if not, well can't fault me for trying.

July 13, 2013 08:01AM
For you fearless randomizers, 1-2 hero slots left in a starting PBP game. Closing to submissions by end of tomorrow - not too late to get in!

[faseripped.boards.net]

July 13, 2013 04:29PM
would I have to sgn up or log in to create a character?

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
July 13, 2013 05:09PM
yes, you'd need to register to be a 'member' of the forum in order to create a hero. pretty much all the crew are from CMF. planning to open it up for those who'd rather run/Judge their own game as well (whenever i get around to it).

July 13, 2013 05:26PM
ok will register if a slot is still open at all

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
July 13, 2013 05:41PM
Hrrmm won't let me register i am stuck on the [login.proboards.com] page...

July 13, 2013 06:10PM
that's weird. here's a direct link to the reg page (not sure if you've gotten past this part and are then getting an error?)

[login.proboards.com]

if so, then likely a ProBoards prob and I'll need to contact support on their forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2013 06:11PM by Relic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.