The Event , looking for players.

Posted by GILGAMESH 
The Event , looking for players.
June 16, 2013 06:38PM
Hi all, I wish to run a campaign on the beta chat, i am going to confer with mods here. If i can get permission then i will fill in the background as it happens. I am no expert at running these type of games but i have been a gm for 27 years and many type of games, my buddy has run these games extensively and i will use him as a resource and i will always take suggestions.
the players will be low(Fb-Rm)-med( In-Am) prefer home brews, will be using mix of rules from expert basic&advanced
Iike character development and powers to mesh,though the quirky mish mash is ok to. would like to run on fri-sat night as most can do this no more couple hours anyway,later in evening western standard time. I will be looking for 2-4 players who can be mature but still want to have fun. I use standard white,green,yellow,red for rolls.Characters will have IE good 8.Ex16 etc. to start for growth. The max on number of powers is per advanced rules. I encourage using quirks good and bad to flesh out hero,though to be fair no power will go above Amazing rank. Once i get ay or nay from mods if time on chat is ok then we can proceed from there.
Re: The Event , looking for players.
June 16, 2013 07:58PM
I for one have no problems with you trying to set up a game in the Chat. I would say the logistics of coordinating players and keeping a wary eye out for accidental random Chat-traffic during game time would be the biggest concerns. Also, I'd suggest that you regularly copy, paste and save the game posts from Chat into a document for ease of reference and ensuring nothing gets lost in the potential random chatter that might occur between game meetings.

I hope enough people show interest and you can get it going. Best of wishes on this. smiling smiley
June 17, 2013 02:29AM
A few powers should be above Amazing, Invulnerabilities (like to heat and flame) are default at CL1000 for example.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 17, 2013 10:18AM
Redman thanks and nightmask yeah on that its true thanks
June 23, 2013 08:08PM
The premise is like avengers alliance. The earth on 7-6-13 was subjected to small meteorites and dust that overnight seem to cause an upsurge in supers,power outages all over the world but the east coast of the united states was hit especially hard. this is where my campaign will deviate from the alliance game. The players will role up characters submit them for play i will be using advanced rules mostly( you can use powers from UPcool smiley,i think 2-4 players should be about right. It will be roughly six months down the road, player(s) will have basics of powers figured out. The players can be a group or be single(this one will require some work) the first play session will be based on backgrounds. New york will be the starting point having to do with " The ISO EVENT" if your interested drop me line here or send message. when,if i get the players then we shall proceed from there,cheers all.
June 25, 2013 09:47PM
i will be on chat on friday the 28 at roughly 9pm western standard time to answer any questions about this campaign,if interested please come in pull up virtual chair and we will talk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 05:57PM by GILGAMESH.
June 26, 2013 11:50AM
i will definitely be there grinning smiley would like to get back into a game that would be awesome.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
June 26, 2013 01:05PM
sounds great look forward to it chrono
June 26, 2013 01:52PM
Report 1
All tv's,podcast,radios,and other media devices play the following. New York City news Channel four where you heard it first. The much talked about meteorite storm has been the harbinger of more than just rock showers.Hold on i was just handed another breaking sto.. The reporter looks at a paper,her face is stricken and she nearly collapses. The world famous Avengers,Fantastic four and even the mysterious X-Men have disappeared.There were bright lights seen from where they were battling super villains . She puts a hand over ear where someone is talking to her,her face looks blank Ap.,apparently some villains have also been seen disappearing. We have no further news on the situation,but will keep you informed as we find out more. This is Nina Bradcof where channel four is working for you. Most media outlets respective host begin talking about what this could mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 06:12PM by GILGAMESH.
June 26, 2013 05:59PM
Two on board so far,pm me your characters when you get them done or with any questions.
June 26, 2013 07:09PM
Report 2
The daily bugle date 7-6-13 front page cover reads.
Where have the heroes gone? the mysterious disappearance of what seems like most of earth's most powerful champions and some of the major villains. SHIELD was contacted but refused to give any answers at this time. small by line mentions that even spider-man and daredevil have not been seen.
The lower part of page 1 describes the black outs all over the world especially Eastern seaboard,from Florida to Maine. Meteorites the size of pebbles in the hundreds of thousands have littered the world a Borealis effect was created and sand like particulates were seen dancing in it like millions of stars was brightest in New York.
This is the point when many new heroes will arise to battle the old and new villains,are you going to be one of the new vanguard.

SHIELD is spearheading the investigation in cooperation with other law enforcement agencies both domestic and foreign to ascertain what happened to all these people,but even there resources are spread thin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 08:47PM by GILGAMESH.
June 29, 2013 09:22PM
I'm fairly new to playing msh...(lots of D&D though)....Gilgamesh ran a great campaign to start us off.....I look forward to next week's installment! smoking smiley
July 04, 2013 01:42PM
ill be there tmrw night
July 04, 2013 05:38PM
so will I I'm looking forward to what's next

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
July 06, 2013 11:38AM
well my connection went plohy,sorry you two should have the problem fixed by before this friday.
July 06, 2013 06:06PM
ehh, we knew there was a storm headed your way so that was always a possibility. Unfortuantely this time the Chaos Gods decided to make the possibility a reality. I enjoyed what we did get throguh though grinning smiley and looking forward to hooking up again next friday grinning smiley

July 15, 2013 11:05AM
I should be on this friday got my comp fixed and been looking for work so first time in couple weeks i have been able to get on.
July 19, 2013 07:55PM
sorrry I missed game. we had a kickass storm in the area which took out some power I tried logging on at about 2 am my time but everyone was gone.. Next friday perhaps?

July 19, 2013 09:35PM
chrono is all good storm i understand real well.
July 30, 2013 08:30PM
Sorry I missed last Friday I'm typing this from my phone as my comply died and I am in the process of getting a new comply for this Friday.
August 01, 2013 11:19PM
Going to scrap this perticuler campaign, i will be on friday night if you still want to play we will be rolling in the blue/purple expert book no quirks.
August 10, 2013 12:54PM
So 1st game happened yesterday. went decently smooth. if anyone interested, contact gilamesh
August 12, 2013 04:04PM
I see the peanut gallery is decent,grinspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
August 13, 2013 07:43AM
it's more like the peanut butter gallery tongue sticking out smiley

August 31, 2013 09:47AM
well peanuts can be good if your not peanut sensative.
August 31, 2013 09:48AM
relic joined with a giant of diving propertions
August 31, 2013 09:49AM
the game proceeds with a good pace i am happy with players and campaign.
September 07, 2013 07:00PM
odd twist and turns in the works,new powers and suits. it looks like a new hero group is forming could they be the next avengers or something even more special. stay tuned and hope they can get there team work on or things could go bad fast?
September 07, 2013 07:36PM
for the players of my game you all have the private lives of your character which as we know always get mucked up by the hero side. i will be sending verious private messages to you that will garner you karma sporadically as we all have crunch on our times. and tid bits on here for your people to have even more fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2013 07:37PM by GILGAMESH.
September 07, 2013 08:27PM
Chronomancer character:
You receive a phone call during your adventures, you replay the message.
" Hello Mr Jones this is standing still studious and we are going to begin production of of an expanded story based on the hit from the eighties called." Big Trouble in little china II ". Your name came up for a possible stunt co-coordinator of our movie if you can please call me Miss Mendez at phone number and we can talk through intiall interview.. Contact me by no later than 10 am western time zone,on the 23.(you have till next morning to return call).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.