The Dark Forum rises again!

Posted by barna10 
The Dark Forum rises again!
August 29, 2013 08:53PM
Hey, we're trying to get the Dark Forum up and alive again. It's been on life support for quite awhile, but new life has been breathed into it!

Let's get some PBP action going! We have a Marvel game, a Shadowrun game, and will soon have a 1st edition AD&D game and a Rifts game. Come join us!

The Dark Forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2013 04:04AM by barna10.
Re: The Dark Forum rises again!
August 31, 2013 10:01AM
I'll have to check out your games, see what your doing in marvel and rifts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 12:30PM by The_Skycutter.
October 05, 2013 12:48AM
Um...is this Dark Forum thing still running? I keep getting a page that reads:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1129 - Host '185.27.134.63' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
October 05, 2013 04:09AM
October 05, 2013 07:26AM
Thank you, yes, that's better.

Next question--are you planning to put up some sort of FAQ about the campaign, or will you be requiring that possible new players register with the old forum in order to see anything at all about it?

8)
October 05, 2013 07:38AM
Which campaign are you referring to, Marvel? The current game ended, suddenly and unfortunately. A new one is in the works, but not close to starting. I would love to get another game going sooner if I could find someone willing to run it.

October 05, 2013 07:51AM
Sorry, yes, the Marvel game is the one I was referring to.

I'm in the midst of trying to find a PBP Marvel game and yours looked likely. I'll be keeping my eye on it to see what comes of it. It's been years since I've played, and I'd rather return to the system as a player than plunge right into GMing again.

8)
October 05, 2013 08:03AM
The game I am working on is a steet-level, origins game. All the heroes will have gotten their powers in the last year. It may be in the Marvel universe, or a universe where powers are new. EVERYONE will be a super; No super-normals, highly skilled humans, or Iron-Man types.

October 05, 2013 08:08AM
DEFINITELY something to keep my eye on, then.

Thanks for the prompt responses!

8)
October 05, 2013 08:19AM
No problem. I'll post here whenever things move forward. We have some other irons in the fire as well. Feel free to join a game in one of the other systems if you need something to do!

The next game starting should be an All Flesh Must Be Eaten game.

We also have a Shadowrun game that's been a solo gig for my one player. He could use some other players!

October 05, 2013 08:32AM
October 05, 2013 01:17PM
...now the Java-based Marvel Character creator isn't working? Comes up blank for me...

8}

LATER EDIT: the other two types of Java Creators DO work, though, so I know it's NOT my Java...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2013 01:19PM by Alivia.
October 05, 2013 05:09PM
What version do you have? What link did you get it from? What "other two types of Java Creators" are you referring to?

Also, what do you mean by "blank"? Does it open a window and then do nothing?

What version of Java?

Lastly, what OS are you attempting to run it in?

edit:
I just downloaded version 3.5 from Sourceforge and it ran fine using Java 6 on Ubuntu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2013 05:12PM by barna10.
October 06, 2013 09:04AM
I went to: [barnadesigns.com]

There the page has 3 links: one to an AD&D Character Creator (I clicked on that link and it loads a Java-based creator that works JUST peachy!)

One to a Warrior, Rogue & Mage Creator (again--I clicked the link and the Java-based creator works splendidly)

The third one--and the one I would like to use--is a link to your Java Marvel Character Creator for the Classic Marvel RPG...but when I click on it, it generates a blank page. The address at the top of the page reads:

[barnadesigns.com]

It cannot be MY version of Java that is goofing it up, because your other two Java-based Creators load & work just fine.
October 06, 2013 09:33AM
Well, that explains it. The AD&D character creator and the WRM CC are both javascript apps. The JMCC is a java program (java and javascript are NOT the same thing). You download it and run it locally.

That being said, there was an error with the directory structure in the website. It's fixed now. It now goes to the sourceforge page.

December 17, 2013 05:33AM
Has ths game stalled or is it progressing in any way?

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
February 24, 2014 07:07AM
Sorry, Chronomancer!

I haven't checked this forum in awhile.

Yes, the game stalled. We moved onto D&D but will most likely return to Marvel at some point.

Join us at thedarkforum.barnadesigns.com if you're looking for a game to join or want to run one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.