Journey into mystery

Posted by Brotherless_one 
Journey into mystery
November 10, 2013 10:37AM
I am currently running a game on Task's site here. The setting is a shared universe (DC and Marvel properties), and the story is being unfolding simultaneously in 3 eras of time: The start of the Marvel age, "the near present" of the advanced set...roughly the early 90's era(you'll want to reference both the History and Atlas of the multiverse sections on that site to get a feel for what I'm working from, but I'm playing a little fast and loose with the specifics of the timeline since this particular "present" isn't necessarily the present...), and the Legion's 31st century during the gap of the "5 years later..." period.

Canon characters are welcome, but homebrewed are preferred.

And I like CHARACTERS, so the creation method is modelling. A good character is always better than a perfect powerset, so with that in mind, think in terms of the periods: roughly equivelent to the stats of any of the marvel heroes during their debut (NOT silver age DC) for characters in the past; characters that would fit in with X-Force or the blue and gold team of X-men, Youngbloods, Team Titans (or Extreme Justice)..."proactive", somewhat militant types who'd work well alongside S.H.I.E.L.D. (one current player will be using Psylocke, for example) for the present; and anyone who would fit into the Legion universe after the gloss comes off of it (this will be both the easiest and the hardest to intergrate into since its been underway for a few weeks now...).

The three eras are independent but interelated stories. And the campaign as a whole is an "Event book/limited series"...12 chapters each, told in a rotaring weekly fashion (with a week of so my brain doesn't melt...). So if you're between games or looking for a relatively short term campaign to pass the time, come on down to Task's Mshg.probards!...and tell 'em Brotherless_one sent you!

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! " - Homer J. Simpson

s320x240

"I want you to know that I believe in an idea¦that a single individual who has the right heart and the right mind that is consumed with a single purpose that one man can win a war.

Give that one man a group of soldiers with the same conviction¦and he can change the world."
Re: Journey into mystery
November 10, 2013 10:46AM
How about a link please?

Is this it?

[tasksgames.proboards.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 10:48AM by tystates.
November 10, 2013 10:57AM
sorry about that...there's a link in the first line but it doesn't stand out well

http://mshg.proboards.com/index.cgi

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! " - Homer J. Simpson

s320x240

"I want you to know that I believe in an idea¦that a single individual who has the right heart and the right mind that is consumed with a single purpose that one man can win a war.

Give that one man a group of soldiers with the same conviction¦and he can change the world."
November 10, 2013 01:04PM
I sent you a pm on the message board.

November 11, 2013 09:40AM
That story idea sounds totally bad ass! I'm in, if you'll have me.
December 10, 2013 09:02AM
Another game going nowhere.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.