Dream Park-ish campaign idea

Posted by EarthBound 
Dream Park-ish campaign idea
November 18, 2013 11:08AM
Before I go into detail or start recruiting for a play by post capaign.
Does anyone remember the old Dream Park rpg?
Re: Dream Park-ish campaign idea
November 20, 2013 06:12PM
Congratulations :
You have been selected to be the first to tryout our new virtual really theme park, "Hero World".
Your travel to and from the park, as well as expenses during your stay will be taken care of.

That is, until something unexpected happens.

I will be using the Skycutter editions of the Advanced Players, Judges, and Ultimate Powers books. Realms of Magic and Weapons Locker will be primarily used.
Other books may be used if needed.

I will be posting the specifics of character creation within the next day or two.

This will be my first attempt at a play by post campaign.
please post here if interested.
November 30, 2013 03:45AM
If interested please post characters here.

Use Advanced Players, Ultimate Powers, or Realms of Magic.

Use the APB tables for number of powers, contacts and talents.

Use the Ultimate Talents for the actual talents.

This is intended to be a combination of random and modeled creation.
November 30, 2013 07:12AM
I'm interested. What's next? Do we submit character ideas?
December 01, 2013 07:16AM
Yeah.
please submit you character(s).

I apologize if I'm not on very much for a little while. My grandfather passed away on Friday. I will try to come on at least once a week.
December 09, 2013 05:17AM
Sounds like it could be fun. Give me a day or so and I will work on rolling up a character.
December 16, 2013 07:32PM
Definitely interested Earthbound will begin to work up something...

Condolences in regards to losing your grandfather, my wife and i lost our youngest child at the beginning of nov. He was a month and a half early, there were complications and as a result he was stillborn. Hence the reason i haven't been around much the past month and a bit. Take as much time as you need. We will still be here when you return.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 20, 2013 04:23PM
Yes.

A big fan of the books, too.
December 24, 2013 07:55AM
For anyone still interested,
I'm back.
I was thinking about setting up a private group on Facebook as a way of postings the actual in character part of the adventure.
I don't see any characters posted yet. Is there still interest?

Ps: I'm feelings better.this holiday is bitter - sweet.
I'm glad I don't attend my grandfather's church. The minister who gave grandpa's eulogy spent 10% of it telling us how great that church was 5% on grandpa and 85% on why we must repent and then join that specific church because all other churches have been infiltrated by the global satanic conspiracy that actually rules the world
December 24, 2013 12:05PM
Yeah still interested all right. Just wondering would a former gov't operative and "failed" (or so they think) super soldier recruit be a good fit for your game?

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 24, 2013 04:41PM
Drats!!

We been found out!
hmm...
*waves his hand like a jedi*
There is no global satanic conspiracy.
It never existed.
December 25, 2013 06:43AM
They sound like they could work.
post a write up and I'll get a better idea.

I practice Wicca and play RPG's and am Ojibwe Indian
I'm the trifecta of evil he kept saying could never make it through the churches doors.
December 25, 2013 06:53PM
So just clarifying yoou are usng the books with the extended tables right? The ones with fantastic and wondrous?

December 25, 2013 07:18PM
Chronomancer,
No. I was using the Skycutter versions of the Advanced Player's, Judge's, and Ultimate Powers. The Universal Table looks like the one I remember. I'm also using the Ultimate Talents book.
Personally, the extended table only seems like a way of penalizing long-term advancement by forcing characters to pay for cresting more often than they otherwise might've.

If everyone who's interested wants to try the extended version, I'll download them and give them a try..

To summarize character creation:
Choose or role an origin from the Player's Book or a physical form from the Ultimate Powers Book.
Role primary ranks on the relative column from the table in the Player's Book.
Determine secondary attributes normally.
Role for number of powers, talents, and contacts using the table in the Player's Book.
Role or choose powers from Player's Book or Ultimate Powers.
Role or choose talents from Player's Book or Ultimate Talents.
We can develope specific contacts as needed.

I know everyone is familiar with how to create a character. This is to help ensure consistency with a combination of random/modeled character creation.
December 25, 2013 08:02PM
Please post characters in this thread.

I have the facebook group setup and started the in character introduction thread:

[m.facebook.com]

I hope everyone that joins will have a lot of fun.
December 25, 2013 08:09PM
Ok just wanted to be absolutely sure on what page we were on :-)

I shall be creating a character over the next few days via my phone (or the library when it is open) hopefully the compy will be fixed sometime next week.

December 25, 2013 08:16PM
Chronomancer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok just wanted to be absolutely sure on what page
> we were on :-)
>
> I shall be creating a character over the next few
> days via my phone (or the library when it is open)
> hopefully the compy will be fixed sometime next
> week.

I know the feeling. I'm hoping to use part of my tax return to fix( rebuild) my computer. Until then it's entirely my phone or the library.
December 26, 2013 05:39AM
Were relying on the Lei si from christmas gifts to get the compy fixed. Might even get a dvd duplicator for renting stufffrom the library too. Pluz to make copies of our own videos so that we dont lose th when we lnd them out to other people and have to re buy them again..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2013 05:43AM by Chronomancer.
December 28, 2013 05:31PM
Ok i am almost done my character. Got an origin i did not expect in any way shape or form and it made the character a bit different than i originally envisioned him. I think he will be interesting to play though. Still going with the "failed" supersoldier route though just a bit of a different take.

December 28, 2013 05:47PM
Sounds cool so far. Can't wait to see him.
December 28, 2013 05:56PM
I happened to roll an 89 on the origins table...

Never played a character with a diety background before. I'm making his background one of forbidden love of 2 dieties from diferent pantheons. His abilities are going to reflect his parents "portfolios" to use D&D terminology...

December 28, 2013 10:56PM
That should be cool.

Which deities?
December 29, 2013 09:20AM
Well i am thinkng of either the greek goddess of war or one of the celtic trio of war goddesses as the mother, (leaning twards the celt godessess and an oriental god of stealth/ trickery/subtlety..

December 29, 2013 10:19AM
That sounds like a cool idea.
I like the idea of Celtic and Oriental deities blending.
December 29, 2013 03:08PM
Yeah me too. The greek ane norse gods have been done a lot in the marvel u so i wanted to srear away from that route and being of Celtic stock myself, and having an interest in the orient, it kind of merges two interests into one place.

January 03, 2014 07:32AM
K compy wasnt fixed by now like i hoped but it should be done soon. I will finish up my character this weekend and head down to the library probably by monday at the latest to transfer my writeup to th computer (rather than phone) and send t off to you by tuesday at the latest.

January 03, 2014 01:59PM
So far you're the only one still showing intrest so take your time.
January 03, 2014 02:02PM
Ok will do just want to make sure that i dont miss out on anything.

February 25, 2014 07:22AM
Is there any interest besides me in this game still? My character is pretty much rolled up and waiting for play...

March 20, 2014 05:59PM
I've been away for a bit. I'm back now. I'd like to see your character. I think the campaign is still on hold sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.