Population Zero -SKYPE

Posted by cyberdon 
Population Zero -SKYPE
December 18, 2013 01:35PM
Please post characters here. smiling smiley
Re: Population Zero -SKYPE
December 18, 2013 01:53PM
This game features a near future setting, where mutants are openly targeted by hate crimes, and society at large turns a deaf ear to their plight. Characters should be low to 'X-men' level in power.

I have about 3 players so far who are committed to playing, and can accept another 1-2.

The game will be played this Friday, December 20th, 6:30ish to 10:00ish Mountain time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 01:56PM by cyberdon.
December 18, 2013 04:38PM
This sounds pretty cool.
So how does this work?
We log on to a shared Skype channel and roll dice how?
And what is your criteria for character creation?
Is there a city your staring off in?
How near future - technology wise?
What is considered low-level mutant to you?
Let me know and I could be in.
Thanks.
December 19, 2013 02:32PM
Hey skinwalker:

Thank you for your interest. smiling smiley

We use a conference call thru SKYPE -it's free- which features voice but no video.

We also use this online dice roller: [rolz.org]

The game is near future, in North America.

If u'd like to join, create an 'x-men styled' hero, or just grab a pregen of similar power level, then rename him and tweak him, etc.

Hope to see you aboard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2013 02:34PM by cyberdon.
December 19, 2013 05:53PM
Thanks for the reply.
I'm really interested in trying it out.
So tomorrow around 6:30pm Mountain time.
PM me with details about the conference Skype.
I'll work up a character or just steal on.
I'll PM you tomorrow the character.
I hope we connect tomorrow.
December 20, 2013 04:12AM
Cool.

My SKYPE handle is: slimykuotoan
December 20, 2013 05:50PM
Sorry I didn't get a chance to make it to your game tonight. I just couldn't make time during work to iron out a character.
But I'm still very interested.
I have the following character below for your approval.
I'm not sure if this is low-level enough.
I used the Ultimate Powers Book (Expert Net Edition) to create her.

BERLYN CARRO
Carolyn Bernard
Random Mutant

Berlyn, or Carolyn, is a young mutant living in basic obscurity in a small suburb outside a large Northeastern city. Her natural athletics made her the star of every sports in high school; she was destine for greatness, but petty jealousy ousted her as a Mutant and she fled home for her safety. Now she is living on the streets where she hustles bets using her abilities on dangerous stunts for cash.

The general idea for this character is a young female in her late teens who is very adept at Parkour. She is a bit of a scrapper, but she is not an experience fighter and lacks any real training.

F: GD 08 Some Formal Training
A: AM 46 Maximum Human Potential
S: GD 08 Press 400#
E: IN 36 Enhanced Abilities
R: EX 16 Master's Degree Equivalent
I: RM 26 Detective Skills or Background
P: EX 16 Some Experience with Mental Control and/or Mystic Forces

Health: 98

Talents: 2 of 8
ACROBATICS She is very limber and gains an advantage while under attack: Dodge (A), Evade (F), Escape (S) +1CS
TUMBLING She knows how to fall in order to take no damage. A simple Agility FEAT will determine if she lands without injury.

Powers: 8 of 10 (+1 Random Mutant)
1. KINETIC CONTROL RM 26 She can control the energy of motion itself, but at present can only apply that control to her own actions. She can increase or decrease her own motion by Power Rank, or on a TYPICAL FEAT change her own direction of motion. (Upon further mastery she will be able to impart motion to objects as if she had Power Rank Strength. Optional Powers: Telekinesis and/or Kinetic Bolt). She has segued this power into a variety of motion themed Power Stunts:
.....HYPER-RUNNING She is able to run at Power Rank speeds for extended periods of time. Her perception of motion becomes relative to her Power Rank.
.....HYPER-LEAPING She can jump great distances: 40' up and across, and 60' down.
.....WALL-WALKING (Not entirely Spider climbing) She can use her great speed to move along vertical surface for short distances.
.....HYPER-SWIMMING She can swim great distance at Power Rank speeds.
.....WATER-WALKING (Not exactly like Water Walking) She can use her great speeds to move across the surface of water over limited distances.
2. DANGER SENSE RM 26 This power automatically warns her Power Rank seconds before impending danger. The Power Rank can also be used in place of Agility for Dodging, Fighting for Evading, or Strength for Escaping.
3. ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS RM 26 This power is an automatic knowledge of everything that is moving in her immediate surroundings. (The normal description of the power ties in the environmental conditions, but since her powers are more based on motion I thought about limiting the awareness to the motion of objects in her immediate surrounds - a Zen like awareness of everything that moves around her. If Motion was Energy and that Energy could be Detected then it would be a Motion Detection Power, but I'm just using Environmental Awareness. From a Marvel Power stand point is what I mean.)

Contacts: 1 of 4
C.C. "Burning" Dale is a street hustler, and possibly a mutant himself. He is a very mysterious and shady character, but he has taken a real shine to Berlyn Carro. He is your classic "fixer." He knows all the right people and always has the best gossip and intel around.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 11:02AM by skinwalker.
Attachments:
open | download - berlyn carro.jpg (35.2 KB)
open | download - c.c.burningdale.jpg (113.5 KB)
December 20, 2013 07:46PM
GREAT game tonight guys!!!

Connor desperately attempts to stop the power up of the machine...

Leonard stands dazed at the top of the mutant apartment complex...

Montague lies in a stupor in the back of a Mutant Affairs Services truck, on his way to Mutant Internment Center XF113-T...

And Harvey spends his time causing a police officer to hallucinate, firing madly into the bodies of his companions...

What lies ahead?!!

[www.youtube.com]
December 21, 2013 04:23AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 04:24AM by cyberdon.
December 21, 2013 04:38AM
More to come!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 04:46AM by cyberdon.
December 21, 2013 01:09PM
yea, the huge blow dryer!!!
we laughed when it was revealed.
Like with all that money you couldn't come up with something better?
Then a huge hand drying machine?
December 22, 2013 05:10PM
Character: Connor Morrowson
Hair: Black Height: 5’ 10”
Eyes: Blue Weight: 185 lbs.

Primary Attributes:
Fighting : Excellent 16
Agility: Good 8
Strength: Incredible 36
Endurance: Remarkable 26
Reason: Excellent 16
Intuition: Excellent 16
Psyche: Incredible 36

Secondary Attributes
Health: 86 /
Initiative: 1d10+1

Resources: Feeble 1
Popularity: -5/0
Powers: Health Drain Touch Incredible 36
Absorb Magic Excellent 16
Flight Remarkable 26
Talents: Martial Arts B
Occult Knowledge
Language: Latin, Romanian
Contacts: Joseph Jones, English Department Chair, University of Genericity

Background: Connor had known he was a mutant since he was a young man. He learned early on, after his parents moved again, this time to Genericity, to control and hide his phenomenal abilities. Since he was somewhat a vampire himself, he became with the literature and folk lore of such creatures. He applied this passion to learning literature and made a career for himself as a literature professor. The vampire themed classes he taught along with the usual Shakespeare and such were very popular with the student body. He had friends in his department, including his department chair, was a published scholar, life was good. Then came the registration act. Connor knew better than to register, but the university president secured his position for life at the university by enacting a surprise mandatory genetic screening of the faculty. With no way to avoid the screening
Connor was forced to register as a "mutant of unknown ability." Only his feigned surprise that he was a mutant and the friendship of his department chair enabled him to keep his job, albeit with a pay cut as deemed appropriate to the new political atmosphere.

Many who Connor considered friends have now turned their backs on him and his former popularity as an educator has disappeared. His class load is now mostly relegated to remedial classes. There are enough free thinkers that take his other classes about folk lore and gothic literature to keep him teaching full time. His pay cut and reduction of classes has put him in a dire financial situation. He can no longer afford food, rent, and utilities. To survive, Connor has taken to prowling the streets for criminals while wearing a mask stolen from the theater department. He ambushes criminals in the act and uses his health drain power to replace his need to eat, then destroys their weapons and takes their valuables.

Lately, Connor has been thinking about some of the discoveries he made while researching legends and folk lore. Thorough research combined with a little luck has lead Connor to a number of discoveries of true occult knowledge. He followed these discoveries and amassed a general understanding of the workings and truths of the occult world. Only great care and dumb luck has prevented him from being caught by something that does not appreciate being discovered. He knows the truth about Dracula and the other vampires for instance. With his life dwindling away to nothing, perhaps it would be worth his while to follow up on some of those leads he has on members of the mystical community. The Mutant Registration Act has stolen his future as a professor, perhaps it is time to find a new purpose . . .
December 22, 2013 06:28PM
Awesome LastSeraph!
December 23, 2013 05:46AM
This game is being run tonight, December 23rd, 6:30ish to 10:00ish Mountain time.
December 23, 2013 08:40AM
Anyone may join in. My SKYPE handle's slimykuotoan

smiling smiley
December 23, 2013 06:37PM
Awesome game guys!

Biff made some drug deals and murdered some people. smiling smiley

And Trevor and Ray did in some baddies.

Well done!

But now... the sentinel has pinpointed your location...
December 23, 2013 07:05PM
Genericity

Ray's ride:

Biff's Ride:

Pull Over

The coffee break

Thugs encounter

Snoops

Jeena

Biff's workplace

Music for the evening

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 07:38PM by cyberdon.
December 23, 2013 07:23PM
Rough night

Patron

Chucky

Phil

Outside

The net tightens

Dr. Jensen

Debut

Biff's pad

Found out!

December 24, 2013 02:15PM
Gah, would have tried to make the game but I didn't see the post until today. So did this game run parallel to ours? Was it a continuation with new characters? Also, "they did in some baddies". Regarding Karma, have you made any adjustments to the karma system to reflect your gritty storyline and playstyle Don or are you keeping the "killing anyone results in karma reduced to zero" rule? I don't know if you've read over the Karma system yet, but it is very . . . "heroic". If someone commits suicide while the heroes are around, even if they tried to prevent it and failed, even if there was no way for them to prevent it, even if it only "looks" like a suicide but is a faked death, the heroes lose 50 karma. It's a "comic book good" system as opposed to a realistic system (and yes I understand that we're talking super powers when I mentioned realism).

Seraph
December 24, 2013 02:31PM
Yeah, we played last night with 3 players in total -two of which were new.

The karna x.p. system's been changed to reflect more of a grittier, roleplaying tone, without attention to morality overall.

The story last night happened in another part of Genericity, with much different events occurring the same time as your own adventure.
December 24, 2013 02:35PM
I plan to run this game periodically for some time.
December 24, 2013 03:02PM
Booya
December 27, 2013 07:25PM
Character: Montague Van Barristan-Holmby
Hero-Name: The Bowman

Hair: Dirty Blonde
Weight: 177 lbs
Height: 5’ 11”
Eyes: Blue
Occupation: Former MI-5 Agent, now a Private Detective living in the USA

F: Rem (26)
A: Inc (36)
S: Rem (26)
E: Amz (46)
R: Rem (26)
I: Exc (16)
P: Rem (26)

Health: 134

Powers:
Teleport Self - Exc (16)
Energy Solidification - Inc (36)
Kinetic Bolt - Rem (26)
Telelocation - Rem (26)
Weapons Tinkering: Exc (16)

Talents
Bows
Detective/Espionage
Sleight of Hand

Resources: Good

Advancement Points: 50
December 28, 2013 09:53AM
Hero's Name: Ray B. Ruder
Hero's ID: none

Origin: mutant
Hair: dark brown
Weight: 172 lbs
Height: 5’ 8”
Eyes: hazel

F: Good (8)
A: Remarkable (26)
S: Typical (5)
E: Incredible (36)
R: Excellent (16)
I: Remarkable (26)
P: Remarkable (61)

Health: 81

Powers:
Shadowcasting, Amazing (46)
Mind Blast, Remarkable (26)

Talents:
Martial Arts B

Resources: ?

Advancement Points: ?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2013 10:00AM by Josh.
December 29, 2013 07:59AM
How about we plan out a game or two. This way people will be able to schedule time and won't have to miss things.
December 29, 2013 09:48AM
I might be able to do tonight.
December 29, 2013 10:38AM
If I have at least 2 players.
December 29, 2013 11:10AM
I'd be willing to do tonight, I'm on winter break too. But I was thinking more long term planning so that people can adjust their schedules to suit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 12:33PM by LastSeraph.
December 30, 2013 07:10AM
Hmm, I don't think I can schedule a time o'er the holidays, but that say'd, I would even enjoy running brief encounters for one player as well, here and there.

So if anyone would like to join a game that's periodic, with no strings, simply roll up a character and post away!!! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.