From the Ashes -SKYPE

Posted by cyberdon 
From the Ashes -SKYPE
January 18, 2014 06:38PM
Accepting new players

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 06:41PM by cyberdon.
Re: From the Ashes -SKYPE
January 18, 2014 07:28PM
I'm in! Let's get this heroic show on the road!
January 19, 2014 06:07AM
An anti-mutant reactionary has been elected president, and a new bill is passed:

1. The mutant x-factor is spreading at an alarming rate.

2. Many mutants possess great physical and mental powers. Past experience demonstrates they are willing to use these powers to further their own goals without regard for the rule of law or of the ultimate good of human society.

3. Normal means of confinement are adequate for the majority of mutants, however, for those 'super powered', extraordinary means involving advanced technological devices are the only alternative.

4. Denied the option of confinement, the only alternative is extermination of the mutant population.

Law governing mutants:

1. Mutants and anomalous humans are forbidden to bear children.

2. Mutants are forbidden to live in multifamily dwellings which also house genetically pure humans.

3. Identification cards must be presented when purchasing the following goods: food, liquor, gasoline, books, electronic equipment, tools, radios, cigarettes, weapons, clothing, shoes, airline/train/bus/sea vessel tickets.

4. Mutants are forbidden to work or eat in public restaurants not set aside for use specifically by mutants.

5. Mutants are forbidden in public parks and museums. Mutant children must be withdrawn from schools.

6. Mutants are forbidden to be treated in hospitals or clinics not set aside for the sole treatment of mutants.

7. Mutants are forbidden to use public transportation.

8. All mutant organizations, societies, news agencies, and professional unions are illegal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 06:08AM by cyberdon.
January 19, 2014 10:43AM
Yikes! Not a good time to be a mutant....
What methods do they have of identifying mutants that look "normal?"
January 19, 2014 11:29AM
Wowzers...

I am so glad i am canadian.. guess that means no more Lombardi's pizza or Katz deli for me then...

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
January 19, 2014 12:49PM
Please keep in mind for character creation: a maximum ability score should be no higher than remarkable, and no more than 2 powers can be had. Also, definitely make use o' the ultimate powers book. Feel free to pick powers.
January 19, 2014 04:30PM
All characters do not roll on the ability modifier table. Also, starting powers are as follows:

Special Abilities: Powers 2/4 Talents 1/6 Contacts 0/4
January 19, 2014 04:53PM
Also, do not use this rule:

When a character is first generated, the hero may "purchase" additional Powers, Talents, and Contacts up to his maximum.
January 19, 2014 05:08PM
Chronomancer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wowzers...
>
> I am so glad i am canadian.. guess that means no
> more Lombardi's pizza or Katz deli for me then...

Looks like he's using the Nightmares of Futures Past material, or a fair amount of it, so Canada was the 'run to' country to escape mutant persecution (apparently no one wanted to run to Mexico).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
January 19, 2014 05:34PM
I'm in the forum Don. I will try to post my character early this week.
January 22, 2014 01:48PM
Darcy
Thomis "Rocky" Williams
Random Mutant

F: Remarkable 80(Rank #26)+1CS(Rank #36) when engaged in unarmed combat.
A: Excellent 43(Rank #16)
S: Remarkable 80(Rank #26)
E: Excellent 56(Rank #26)Mutants Endurance is raised by 1 rank
R: Typical 11(Rank #5 )
I: Excellent 47(Rank #16)
P: Typical 20(Rank #5 )

Health: 94(Body Armor absorbs 71 points of damage, 51 points from Energy Attacks)

Initiative Modifier +4

Resources: Typical
Popularity: 0
Special Abilities: Powers 2/4 Talents 1/6 Contacts 0/4

Powers
1. Armor Skin(P1): 71 Remarkable - Skin is Shiny Black like obsidian
2. Regenerate(P9): 88 Incredible- Heal at an accelerated rate equal to the Power rank number times
the normal amount of time.(88=Unearthly, 100 Times)

Talents
1. Martial Arts B: Inflict damage in short, quick bursts(ie-boxing) +1CS to Fighting ability
when engaged in unarmed combat.

I was orphaned at a young age and spent most of my life in an orphanage. I was handsom and strong, all the girls liked me.
When I turned 15 my skin started to change colour. At first it was just in patches around my body and I was able to cover it up,
but eventually it reached my face and there was no hiding. I was quickly looked upon with disgust and all my friends left me.
After the 8th time of getting the life beaten out of me, I finally disappeared into the mountains. I lived for the next 3 years
off the land where my mutations fully took form. My skin toughened to a hard metallic sheen, my strength and speed became much
more than an average human and finally I started to heal at an astounding rate. My confidence slowly started to come back and I
Began to accept who and what I am, But, is the world ready for me?...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 04:48PM by ArrowHawk.
January 22, 2014 04:59PM
Awesome man. Very nice. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.