Preparing For A One Shot

Posted by Koltreg 
Preparing For A One Shot
February 02, 2015 07:31AM
I'm going to be running a Marvel Super Heroes RPG one shot (If you live near Dayton stop on by UD Con).
I still need to work on characters but I am overall going for a movie based campaign where the premise is the team is hired to retrieve an ancient artifact. The twists are the artifact is the Casket of Ancient Winters, they are going to Jotunheim and along with Frost Giants they will end up fighting Thor and/or Warriors Three; I still need to decide.

Beyond the basic five members - Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot, I also want to have Agent Venom, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and maybe Angela as options just in case there is overflow.

A lot of the characters are stated out in the books or through the site - except I believe modern Drax, Star Lord and Gamora. I have stats for an updated Rocket and Groot from the site here, I updated Captain Marvel myself. Really all I need to get stats for is Agent Venom and Angela and probably once this is over I will package up the adventure and post it here.

If you know where I might be able to find the stats needed that would be helpful and if you have any questions let me know.
Re: Preparing For A One Shot
February 02, 2015 07:49AM
Here's Angela, though I'd recommend dropping the teleportation if you're using her as presented in Marvel Comics. Agent Venom can also be found at the same site in a different section.

Get familiar with Ben Riely's site. Lots of variation and he's still adding to it. You can find stats for alternate reality stuff (DC Comics, Image Comics, and other media sources) near the bottom. At the top, you'll find characters broken up into groups specific to certain main characters, then team, then broader lists of good guys, bad guys, dead guys, and supporting cast in the middle. They're all pretty clearly labeled and illustrated.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
February 02, 2015 07:58AM
I like the content on the site, just not the site itself. Thanks for the relevant links.
February 07, 2015 09:20AM
I ran the first first playthrough and it went fairly well. Drax almost died. The party mostly sided against the Asgardians until Thor showed up and Agent Venom knew him which helped to deescalate things.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.