Classic Marvel Game on the Dark Forum!

Posted by barna10 
Classic Marvel Game on the Dark Forum!
April 28, 2015 11:17AM
A friend is starting a game on the Dark Forum

He'll be experimenting with some ideas presented in FASERIP.

1) All stats and powers are rolled on Table 3, regardless of form.

2) powers can be chosen or rolled from Basic Set (original or revised), Advanced Set, Ultimate powers book, or FASERIP (but in this case, if powers are more than one slot in other versions, they are also 2 slot powers from FASERIP)

3) Character gets 8 "points" that can be used to purchase powers
(1 or 2 points per power, see above), or give a +1 rank to an ability or power, or any two of +1cs Resources or Popularity, a talent, or a contact. If a power or ability has already received a "boost", the next costs 2 points, then 3, then 4, etc.

4) Characters do not Random Roll Resources. All characters start at TY resources, but can raise them as listed in #3, above. Business talent still applies (minimum of GD). Also, any bonuses, penalties, or limitations from a Form still apply (so minimum of GD for Hi-Tech, PR for Aliens, etc. NOTE: Business Talent and Hi-Tech are each handled as +1CS shift to resources, so the 2 combined result in EX resources)

5) power stunts can be purchased as powers
(1 point per power stunt)(simplify power stunts, duplicating another power is at -1cs, duplicating a 2 slot power is at -2cs)

6) limitations provide +1cs, no more than 2 limitations per power.

7) character still gets a form with all the bonuses and/or penalties

This will main-stream Marvel, with a heavy "movie-verse" influence. It will take place in Marvel New York, and everyone will be playing good-guys.

Outright "Reality Manipulation" powers (like the Ultimate Power's Book "Reality Manipulation" power) are BANNED! However, the FASERIP version of "Reality Manipulation" is OK. Also, the Judge will be dictating which version of conflicting power descriptions to use (He'll be using the FASERIP version of Super Leaping, for instance).

Hope to see you there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 11:29AM by barna10.
Re: Classic Marvel Game on the Dark Forum!
April 29, 2015 09:51AM
I'm interested in joining and registered on the Dark Forum.
Same user name.
Where can I find FASERIP?
I'm thinking about a possible character.
April 30, 2015 03:46AM
I activated your account and PMd you a link to FASERIP (on CMF). welcome aboard! I'll get the Judge to create a forum for the game.

May 05, 2015 03:13PM
Can you let us know when it's set up?
May 06, 2015 12:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 11
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.