Expanding the Roll Chart

Posted by davidrpaige 
Expanding the Roll Chart
July 27, 2020 01:51PM
I've been playing around with the roll chart in order to a bit more of a comic level zone for characters. Just as I did with dividing Am and Mn to create a more balanced (in my mind) power progression by adding Fantastic (FN 60), Spectacular (Sp 70), and Wondrous (Wn 90), I've done the same with Shift X through Z.

It started out by my asking myself "why are there roll results for Class 5000 or Beyond? At that power level, why are you rolling for any results. And why is Beyond only a 20% chance greater to get a red result than UN?"

That is when I realized that Class 1000 and beyond is ridiculous to have roll chart results. They are special classes. So, let's utilize the roll results that are there to expand up to Class 1000. I've added a few more columns and gave them unique names and initials. I'm still playing around with the roll ranges, but I'm in the ballpark.

So what do you think of an expanded "godly" level to the roll chart?

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
― Oscar Wilde
Attachments:
open | download - MSH - Cosmic rolls.png (335.4 KB)
Re: Expanding the Roll Chart
December 30, 2020 05:55AM
What a great update. If you don't mind, I would like to use this for my campaign.
Re: Expanding the Roll Chart
September 10, 2021 05:35PM
I've done this but with lower ranks
Attachments:
open | download - success table.jpg (84.8 KB)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 13
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.