Watching the BEST Zombie flik

Posted by Steeler49er 
Watching the BEST Zombie flik
July 26, 2011 03:02PM
I'm a Mega krytk of so called "Zombie Apock Movies". They just seem lawless gore-fests that attempt to make the Illogical existance of Zombies, logical!!!
News flash, no way Natural (non-supernal) biological viruses can do that #%^, engineered or otherwise. So I don't want to listen/watch a movie that trys to Justify it's existance with illogical-bunk science.

Gimmy action and acting.
And Zombie flicks let me down there, with bad attempts at acting where Everyone has Never seen a Zombie flick. And once they get going, they all make bizzare Blunders that make No sense as, no one would do That (whatever That is), further more they're simly too cliche' (black guys die first).
The combat is All about Gore and watching to see how much the FX guys can make the Chopping up of Zombies look cooler than the Others guys Zombie flick.

The HORDE is a 2009 movie that does a lot of the typical, and Then gives us Survivors that have enough desire to live (they don't just lay down and "let it happen when out numbered) and are willing Kick, Punch, and Headbutt the FRACK heck out of the Zombies to do so. Given a low star rating, so far I must dissagree... Not in a LONG TIME have I (and my brother) cheered and said "hell yeah" out loud, for the dudes fighting in a Zombie flick.
And These Zombies are fast, strong, and have all of the Other common zombie canon powers, so to see a mob dude Punch livn #%%^ out of them with Real world moves (none of that flashy kung fu wire frame ______!), but just good ol fashion Street fight brawling, felt good!

So YES (so far) to the foreign film, The HORDE!
Re: Watching the BEST Zombie flik
July 27, 2011 08:42AM
Ok I'm watching this one. My buddy recommended this movie to me and I think I buried it on my blockbuster online queue. Says those guys just start kicking the crap of the zombies and he started to feel bad for them after a while.
July 27, 2011 01:33PM
I also liked "LA HORDE" a great action movie to watch-

-My zombie flick pick.... "Serpent and the Rainbow" ,starring Bill Pullman, an oldie but goodie!

July 28, 2011 04:10AM
I'd also throw out Peter Jackson's 'Dead Alive'

July 28, 2011 06:18PM
Steeler49er, thanks for recommending The HORDE, it is a really good Zombie flick! eye popping smiley

The Cutter

July 30, 2011 12:54PM
Danka Sky... smiling smiley
I had to admit, this ZAP's (Zombie, Apocalypse, Philm) was a total suprise. The/Le HORDE was Dark, fast, nasty, and sometimes all to human. Haven't seen Sepent & the Rainbow since the 90's but, that was a GREAT film. For those who've never seen it, it's not a zap, but it is an awesome suspense thriller flik that I Really enjoyed. I missed part of it when I saw it last cuz I fell asleep thanx to having stayed awake thee previous night, so I'd like to see it over when I get some time.
Special dankas and arigatos Monkeywrench fer that retro reminder, I like Bill P in films allot so, really glad fer the reminder.
August 03, 2011 07:52PM
I think World War Z will be cool

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
August 25, 2011 04:26PM
In my opinion Dead Snow is one of the best zombie flicks I have seen.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
August 25, 2011 05:51PM
Nothing can top the original B&W version of the Night of the Living Dead. Diary of the Dead was really cool though ... and Colin. I've got high hopes for World War Z!

Powersurge (stats, pics, history) [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Morningstar (specs, pics, campaign jouranl) [www.alphaflight.net])

Protectors Limited Series [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
August 26, 2011 06:31PM
video: [youtu.be]

winking smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
Zombie flicks
August 28, 2011 07:19AM
If you get a chance, check out DEAD SET. This Brit miniseries centers on the studio where Big Brother UK is broadcast. The night of the latest Eviction is the night the Zombie Apocalypse hits.......

"You will know pain,
Then you will know fear,
And then you will die.
Have a nice flight."

[www.facebook.com]
[www.renderosity.com]
[www.flickr.com]
August 28, 2011 03:29PM
I enjoyed Dead Set!

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

August 30, 2011 05:50PM
Gene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my opinion Dead Snow is one of the best zombie
> flicks I have seen.

Gene, thanks for the tip on Dead Snow, I was able to find an english version of the movie, and it is very funny! smoking smiley

I will have to check out Dead Set next...

The Cutter

August 30, 2011 06:20PM
No probs Lord SC

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
September 12, 2011 10:18PM
Another great comedic/Zombie flick is Aaah! Zombies!! (Personally I found it on Hulu)

DEADLIEST WARRIOR
September 15, 2011 06:30AM
Vampires v. Zombies
The season finale of DEADLIEST WARRIOR went into fantasy land (and possibly tested the waters for a spinoff series) by pitting Vampires versus Zombies.
For Vampires, they went with the 30 Days of Night ultrapredator and the book's creator's claim that vampires have six times the strength and speed of a peak athlete. Oh, and a mouth full of piranha teeth.
For Zombies they stuck with the traditional Romero model as opposed to the 28 Days Later model.
For game balance they settled on a ratio of 62 Zombies : 1 Vampire.
Since the show's armorer something to do, he crafted a wicked pair of clawed gauntlets to simulate a vampire's claws and two nasty sets of jaws to simulate the different bites of the two antagonists.
A Martial Artist used the claws to tear into approaching Zombie dummies (9 destroyed in 60 seconds but 3 more got to him).
Three blindfolded strongmen were set to tearing at a ballistics gel torso to see how long it would take for Zombies to rip into Vampire and pull out his heart (58 seconds).
The actual match had three Vampires awakening on The Night of The Living Dead to find 186 Zombies breaking into their abandoned factory hideaway. The fight went down to the wire with the sole surviving Vampire ripping apart the last Zombie.
....But in a shock epilogue, the Vampire succumbed to the Z-virus....

"You will know pain,
Then you will know fear,
And then you will die.
Have a nice flight."

[www.facebook.com]
[www.renderosity.com]
[www.flickr.com]
September 15, 2011 08:13AM
I like zombie movies WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than vampire movies, but this was just a silly match-up IMO. I mean, as a zombie-freak I don't think zombies are a match for vampires, and I'm sure most of my fellow zombaphiles feel the same way. lol

One thing they failed to account for in the sim was the zombies inherent clumsiness vs. the vamps strength and intellect. A vamp would quickly pick up on their clumsiness, grab one, and throw him to knock down a number of others. And this would be something that would begin to perpetuate itself, as the zombies began stumbling over each other. lol

Or the vamp would blow through a crowd of them like an NFL defensive lineman through a crowd of 100 lbs geeks.

But I must confess, this was still one of the more interesting episodes of the season, with far less oppurtunity for eye-rolling as when they pit historical personalities vs. historical personalities. eye rolling smiley

On another note, how many have seen the movie Colin? A highly original zombie movie that approach the apocalypse from the pov of Colin, a young man who succumbs to the virus at the onset of the apocalypse and then takes part in it as a zombie.

Australian teen-centered zombie flick
September 15, 2011 10:59AM
Saw a short on IFC that struck me as one of the best Zombie flicks made. The action takes place in the front yard and living room of a suburban house. On the horizon, the smoke from distant fires can be seen.
The main characters are three teenage boys and a teenage girl a couple years older. The film starts with the boys riding up with gasoline they've been scavenging. They go into the house to get something to eat where they try to interact with the girl sitting on the couch looking at the TV reports of a zombie outbreak. The girl ignores them, even the obviously smitten one who stays behind when the others go back outside.
Outside in the yard a zombie is chained to a stake. The boys plan to use the gasoline to burn the zombie by hitting the gas with a flaming arrow.
Insiude, the girl finally realizes what they plan. She storms out of the house and confronts the ringleader. She yells at them in a way that makes you realize the zombie is her father. The ringleader stumbles back into the zombie's reach and gets bitten. The girl ignores him and gets the shovel off the wall. She uses it to behead her late father. She has a look of mourning and regret, a look that disappears when she notices the ringleader had turned zombie too. She beheads him without a second's thought. Everyone walks back to the house.

"You will know pain,
Then you will know fear,
And then you will die.
Have a nice flight."

[www.facebook.com]
[www.renderosity.com]
[www.flickr.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 15
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.