Everyone get through the storms okay?

Posted by Nightmask 
Everyone get through the storms okay?
May 11, 2008 01:23PM
Well just had the house miraculously survive multple 8" thick tree branches in full leaf falling on the house without more than gutter damage (and hopefully won't do worse than that in the meantime), and didn't even crack a single 3'x5' double-paned window on that side of the house. Anyone else manage to avoid damage from the storms this weekend?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: Everyone get through the storms okay?
May 11, 2008 01:57PM
yeah it was a rough night, bad storm, power was out for several hours , i live in a small river town called Elsberry that has a population of about 2000 in Missouri thankfuly im on the St Louis side, the Kansas city side of Missouri had around 20 deaths from the storms. been a crazy around here a few weeks ago we had an earthquake. and we are going through a flood that they are saying if the rains dont stop could become an epic flood like 1993. I spent alot of time last week helping the neighboring town sandbag to try and hold the mighty Mississippi's water back.
May 11, 2008 02:12PM
I'm several states over and we got hit pretty good too although no deaths that I've heard of so far and we had that Earthquake too (talk about a morning wake-up call). Been quite the hectic time hasn't it? Although at least the rain and flooding haven't been so bad you could see it so clearly from space like that '93 event was I think.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
May 11, 2008 03:44PM
I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the storms. I didn't even know about them until I read this thread. Glad to know people are ok though.
May 11, 2008 04:16PM
So far so good, just hope that Dad in his stupid arrogance actually listens to my advise on dealing with the limbs or we could still see the front windows broken out and glass on everything.

-- Peter David

May 11, 2008 04:52PM
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Broken glass and window replacements are never fun to deal with, even in good weather.

All the best wishes of the Redman family for you and yours through this.
May 11, 2008 04:54PM
Especially bad when the rest of the room is kept such a mess warehousing mom's junk, making bringing in repairmen an extra difficulty. The wishes are most appreciated though and hopefully the threat can be overcome and left unrealized.

-- Peter David

May 11, 2008 07:03PM
Hang in there, folks. I've survived a number of stormy seasons in the mid-west.
Hope all will be OK for you lot!

Best regards,

Niniri

May 11, 2008 10:15PM
Apparently there was a tornado one town away from me tonight and I didnt even know it!
May 11, 2008 10:22PM
Hopefully it didn't hurt anyone. Been a while since we had one around here and our state's been lucky the last few times we became a disaster area without anyone being killed (although ironically we didn't rate national news coverage because we didn't have any corpses lying around and instead miraculous survivor stories instead).

-- Peter David

May 12, 2008 05:54AM
I'm glad for those who braved the storm are safe and unharmed, I give my blessings to those who might not have been so lucky.
May 12, 2008 08:44PM
dacat75
yeah it was a rough night, bad storm, power was out for several hours , i live in a small river town called Elsberry that has a population of about 2000 in Missouri thankfuly im on the St Louis side, the Kansas city side of Missouri had around 20 deaths from the storms.

Yeah, I live just across the state line of the Kansas City side of Missouri and five miles from a small town in Oklahoma that was almost totally annihilated by a tornado on Saturday. Five people died there and the tornado that did it and moved on into Missouri was at one point about 700 feet away from my house. eye popping smiley

Luckily no one in my town was killed or seriously hurt. We were without power for about 24 hours and darn grateful that was all we had to deal with.
May 12, 2008 09:04PM
Unfortunate to hear about that town near you getting wiped out as well as the loss of life but glad your area managed to fair better. Hopefully the weather for the rest of the year won't be quite so violent since between the earthquake rattling the house last month and the tree this month I would hate to see what'd come next (I doubt any meteor impact would carry with it the gift of super-powers).

-- Peter David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 31
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.