Comical hero/villain mismatches

Posted by Nightmask 
Comical hero/villain mismatches
February 05, 2014 02:24AM
So either in canon or fanon let's hear some hilariously funny mismatches between heroes and villains, where the one is confident of his win only to get totally owned because he has no idea of his opponent's having the absolutely worst powers for him to go against.

For example, Klaw vs Dazzler. After she was blackmailed into submitting to Project: Pegasus studying her powers Klaw mistook her concern for his condition for an exploitable weakness and an easy mark and tricks her into freeing him then promptly blasts her with his sonic weapon. But as we know she can absorb an unlimited amount of sonic energy and is immune to any harm from it, and he's made of pure sonic energy. She sucks him up like he's a squishy at the Quick-E-Mart leaving nothing but his sonic claw weapon behind.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: Comical hero/villain mismatches
February 05, 2014 02:35AM
In the video game BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY.

There is this one level, part of the storyline quest, where Batman has to go up against Solomon Grundy. I love Batman, but to be honest, Solomon Grundy is WELL above Batman's power level and I would say beyond Batman's ability to defeat without help from a Justice League member or two. Granted, Solomon has just emerged from torpor and is considerably weaker then he normally would be as a result and you use the surrounding enviroment to defeat him, but still.

Joe Solarte stats, background. [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
February 05, 2014 05:40AM
Squirrel Girl vs pretty much all of her off-panel win foes that remain unexplained.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
FTJ
February 05, 2014 09:43AM
Recent one: Ant-Man (Scott Lang) kicking the crap out of Doctor Doom, who didn't know Ant-Man had unlocked some new powers. smiling smiley

I miss Gene.

All-New Future Force (BASH! UE)
Marvel MC2 builds for BASH! Ultimate Edition

"Now, before I slay you all, behold my master plan!" — The Mole Man, Fantastic Four #1
February 05, 2014 03:41PM
Howard the Duck Vs. The Swedish Chef.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
February 06, 2014 03:28PM
What about... Chainsaw Batman and Tyranno-Shark vs ordinary thugs?

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2014 03:29PM by Thrudjelmer.
February 09, 2014 06:05AM
Hahaha

Now that is amusing.
February 18, 2014 06:39AM
Spider-Man vs. Stilt-Man.

Spidey still ended up winning, but this was one of the funniest confrontations I've ever seen. When Spidey tells Stilt-Man that his powers are useless, I almost spit up what I was eating at the time.
February 18, 2014 01:15PM
I remember Spider-Man meeting the Walrus. As I recall, he couldn't stop laughing at how silly the guy was... but he was still pretty strong, and so kind of a threat.

February 25, 2014 09:21AM
Ideally a contest between iceman and the human torch should end in a stalemate of some sort, so how about namor vs iceman?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 39
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.