What is Marvel most likely to do next?

Posted by Taarna 
What is Marvel most likely to do next?
July 28, 2016 10:00AM
Poll
Really bad idea's for Marvel. Vote for the best.
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
21 votes were received.
Making the Thing Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month. 2

10%
Suddenly Daredevil is afraid of everything. 2

10%
J. Jonah Jameson knockes out Spider-Man with one punch. 1

5%
The Sub Mariner goes Transgender. 5

24%
Charge $2.00 more for your standard comic book 11

51%

If you're like me, your mystified by some recent marvel moves. Killing off Bruce Banner, Phasing out the X-men, having Captain American join Hydra, and so on..

So in good fun, which move will Marvel likely do next?

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: What is Marvel most likely to do next?
July 29, 2016 01:38AM
I'm expecting them to get all political like they did with the first Civil War story. Maybe something along the lines of retconning Victor Von Doom as being native born in the USA but then he was taken back to Latveria with his family. This would allow him to run for the U.S. presidency and steal the election away from the "legitimate" candidates. What the Hell, right? It worked for DC Comics when they made Lex Luthor the president for awhile.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
July 29, 2016 04:37AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm expecting them to get all political like they
> did with the first Civil War story. Maybe
> something along the lines of retconning Victor Von
> Doom as being native born in the USA but then he
> was taken back to Latveria with his family. This
> would allow him to run for the U.S. presidency and
> steal the election away from the "legitimate"
> candidates. What the Hell, right? It worked for
> DC Comics when they made Lex Luthor the president
> for awhile.

I preferred when Superman became president, but alas that was an elseworld kind of thing that just observing it made it never happened.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
July 29, 2016 04:59AM
Its really hard for them to do anything dumber than the constant relaunching of their titles.
July 29, 2016 10:01AM
Nightmask Wrote:
> I preferred when Superman became president, but
> alas that was an elseworld kind of thing that just
> observing it made it never happened.

I also recall a What If? comic where Captain America ran for and was elected president.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
July 29, 2016 11:48AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> Nightmask Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I preferred when Superman became president, but
> > alas that was an elseworld kind of thing that
> just
> > observing it made it never happened.
>
>
> I also recall a What If? comic where Captain
> America ran for and was elected president.

Yes he'd turned the country around, but of course the Red Skull had highjacked his space-based solar energy production satellite meant to provide free energy to the country to make it a weapon and the two of them died in the White House locked in final battle leaving just Cap's shield behind.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
July 29, 2016 10:24PM
We need a new, edgiest version of Aunt May that pays the bills via prostitution.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
July 30, 2016 06:40AM
Dead Sidekick Wrote:
> We need a new, edgiest version of Aunt May that
> pays the bills via prostitution.

Well... after seeing Civil War I felt gross knowing I've seen Aunt May's boobs (The Wrestler). So thats a start.
Re: Still going... Marvel kills off Bruce Banner
August 02, 2016 03:43PM
Why not a new Black Panther that's a reformed KKK member? How about a former football player taking up the Spiderwoman mantle? Why not have a white, straight, Bible-thumper, become the next Northstar? What, these are absurd ideas? Sort of like replacing a several thousand year old Norse God with a woman suffering from cancer?

I really think they should have Vision's costume redone to include some magenta and some blue so he can take up the mantle of the Rainbow Warrior. He can then come out, say the Scarlet Witch is really a lesbian and that he's now only going to fight global warming: the greatest threat to mankind since the meteor struck the Yucatan.

Iron man will now only fight hackers. Specifically he will protect government figures' email servers from intrusion. Oh, and he's actually a transvestite Native American that is only attracted to Asian men.

Oh and Hawkeye will come out in favor of gun control and will now only use a Nerf bow.

Oh, and if you can't tell, this is all sarcastic and in jest to point out the absurdity of what Marvel is doing.

August 02, 2016 05:04PM
barna10 Wrote:
> say the Scarlet Witch is really a lesbian

Sure, why not? Part of the excuse for making Iceman gay was that he's never exactly had a successful romantic life. If that's all it takes to play for the same team, lets look at Wanda's track record: first love is an artificial man with whom she magically had children and her second noteworthy love interest was a Hollywood star/superhero who ended up dying and resurrected and she still couldn't keep him... and she's also had brief flings with Hawkeye and, if I recall correctly, Captain America. And the "Ultimate" version of her was into an incestuous relationship with her brother.

You know what? I'd call that a complete failure of a romantic life. Scarlet Witch must be a lesbian.

August 03, 2016 10:25AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> barna10 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > say the Scarlet Witch is really a lesbian
>
>
> Sure, why not? Part of the excuse for making
> Iceman gay was that he's never exactly had a
> successful romantic life. If that's all it takes
> to play for the same team, lets look at Wanda's
> track record: first love is an artificial man
> with whom she magically had children and her
> second noteworthy love interest was a Hollywood
> star/superhero who ended up dying and resurrected
> and she still couldn't keep him... and she's also
> had brief flings with Hawkeye and, if I recall
> correctly, Captain America. And the "Ultimate"
> version of her was into an incestuous relationship
> with her brother.
>
> You know what? I'd call that a complete failure
> of a romantic life. Scarlet Witch must be
> a lesbian.

^^That would make too much sense! You're correct

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
August 14, 2016 09:12PM
What happened to the amazing unbelievably cool time has come never to be bettered Angela character?

That was the lowest low point of zombie marvel's rotting corpse for me.

Shoe horned in and vanishes without discernible impact.

And the point was?

Write your own choose your own adventures!
[thezombienomicon.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 8
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.