New Marvel RPG?

Posted by Do0Fu5 
New Marvel RPG?
June 06, 2021 12:13AM
[nerdist.com]

There is not much information about it, possibly just a press release, but sounds interesting! grinning smiley
Re: New Marvel RPG?
June 06, 2021 06:23AM
I really hope it's not another Saga or Marvel Heroic. Both had some cool parts, but overall... meh

There's a reason there's still a community for the classic!

June 17, 2021 02:51PM
Does WIZARDS OF THE COAST own the FASERIP system?

I'm always a bit doubtful of a new core game mechanics have to be invented for another superhero rpg.

And yet I guess it would take WotC and Marvel/Disney to work together for another FASERIP 3rd edition of the classic game.
June 18, 2021 07:36AM
G.A.W.
Does WIZARDS OF THE COAST own the FASERIP system?

Wizards of the Coast bought TSR and everything they owned. They do own FASERIP system created in the Marvel Super Heroes RPG. However, they do not have the licensing for the Marvel characters that made that system popular, and they seem committed to their D&D rules system (whatever flavor of the month is at the time)... currently that means 5th Edition, so I would imagine that any non D&D fantasy type game would still use a variant of that ruleset because they can use any successes with one to back the other.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
June 19, 2021 04:52PM
Wizards owning FASERIP might explain the new, but easily translatable stat names. Of course we'll know more later, but I'm optimistic. Haven't purchased any new RPG materials in a while, so I'll save up for this one. Hopefully the book price is somewhat reasonable.
July 18, 2021 05:19AM
I had high hopes, but the author was on Facebook in the last few days asking for suggestions, almost like "asking for a friend...", asking "If you were going to play a super-hero ttrpg, what mechanics would you prefer: roll under a certain number, roll above a certain number, or dice pools?"

This doesn't give me a huge boost of confidence that this system is anything other than an idea around using M.A.R.V.E.L. as the acronym for the stats.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 27
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.