Identifying a power in MSH terms

Posted by MagnetoX1 
Identifying a power in MSH terms
August 09, 2021 06:00PM
The following text is excerpted from a story written on a cooperative writing list I was involved in several years ago. My question is , what would the power being described here be in MSH terms? I've gone over the power listings in APB and UPB and can't figure out what would match. There wasn't Frankenstein-esque surgery involved, so that'd rule out Grafting, and Molding's description is about using it on nonliving objects, buildings, etc. The Body Transformations don't seem to quite fit either, so what would? Anyone have any ideas?

"*That* was when I finally realized what I was meant to be all along--an artist. A sculptor. I can take any living creature and mold it into any shape I choose. I create things of beauty for all to see. Just like mortal artists--but none of them have ever worked with living flesh as I have. I'm the first to ever do that."
Re: Identifying a power in MSH terms
August 10, 2021 04:43AM
Either L17 Shapechange Others or L3 Body Transformation - Others, depending on how comprehensive you want the power to be. If you want it permanent, might want to introduce some limitations, e.g. only works on a person once, or requires some exotic treatment to remain in effect. Of course this all assumes your character is transforming others for altruistic purposes and not for villainy.
August 10, 2021 06:28AM
Sounds like the flesh-sculpting power Madison Jeffries brother has.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
August 10, 2021 06:42AM
Nightmask wrote:

Does the brother have a name I can google? I vaguely know who Madison Jeffries is -- Alpha Flight? but not familiar enough with the character, didn't know he had a brother.
August 10, 2021 09:48AM
MagnetoX1
Nightmask wrote:

Does the brother have a name I can google? I vaguely know who Madison Jeffries is -- Alpha Flight? but not familiar enough with the character, didn't know he had a brother.

"Scramble the Mixed Up Man" aka Lionel Jeffries.

Aside from being totally insane, he could heal people, animate corpses, and trigger latent mutant powers with his yucky powerset...

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
August 10, 2021 11:17AM
Dead Sidekick wrote:

Aside from being totally insane, he could heal people, animate corpses, and trigger latent mutant powers with his yucky powerset...

Here's another excerpt from the story I mentioned earlier. Here one of the characters was getting a look at the "artist's" handiwork. Does the below sound like something Scramble could have done?

Over there, was a woman with bright red skin, horns, and a forked tail. Next to her was a man--at least from the waist up. His lower body was covered in what looked like brownish feathers, and large talons in sets of three sprouted where his feet should have been. He also had two large, brown-feathered wings extending from his shoulder blades. There was an assortment of these partly-human, partly-animal figures, along with some others that were even more bizarre. Some were people who seemed to have extra limbs, and there were even a few that looked like characters Sammy remembered from fantasy books. Orcs, goblins, trolls, and the like.
August 10, 2021 01:37PM
MagnetoX1
Dead Sidekick wrote:

Here's another excerpt from the story I mentioned earlier. Here one of the characters was getting a look at the "artist's" handiwork. Does the below sound like something Scramble could have done?

Over there, was a woman with bright red skin, horns, and a forked tail. Next to her was a man--at least from the waist up. His lower body was covered in what looked like brownish feathers, and large talons in sets of three sprouted where his feet should have been. He also had two large, brown-feathered wings extending from his shoulder blades. There was an assortment of these partly-human, partly-animal figures, along with some others that were even more bizarre. Some were people who seemed to have extra limbs, and there were even a few that looked like characters Sammy remembered from fantasy books. Orcs, goblins, trolls, and the like.

Yes. Scramble could make anything out of organic tissue (dead or alive) and merge different people / animals / body parts together. Most of his handiwork was hideous and sloppy rather than artistic though. He *was* bat-shit insane. Think human centipede level grotesquery.

If he hadn't been insane and had Beast / Mr.Sinister / High Evolutionary level knowledge of genetics he probably could have started creating his own mutants....

Of course... He could potentially merge his flesh / brain with other people's to create an even more insane monster that possessed their knowledge....

Scramble had to die lol

Look up Scramble the Mixed-Up Man on Youtube

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
August 10, 2021 03:32PM
Dead Sidekick wrote:
Yes. Scramble could make anything out of organic tissue (dead or alive) and merge different people / animals / body parts together. Most of his handiwork was hideous and sloppy rather than artistic though. He *was* bat-shit insane. Think human centipede level grotesquery.

If he hadn't been insane and had Beast / Mr.Sinister / High Evolutionary level knowledge of genetics he probably could have started creating his own mutants....

Of course... He could potentially merge his flesh / brain with other people's to create an even more insane monster that possessed their knowledge....

Just did look at that youtube video grinning smiley Definitely see the similarities. grinning smiley
August 10, 2021 05:08PM
There's nothing preventing a character with Molding from doing exactly what this story describes.
"If the target is living, its internal anatomy is rearranged in such a way that permits life to continue without loss of Health."

Also, Grafting is not just about "grafting".
"The hero can perform psionic augmentation surgery on a subject. The hero can operate on, dissect, rearrange, and perform transplants without the need for normal medical techniques to ensure success."

There's nothing stating you can't sculpt the flesh of a patient....My Dr. Jekyl certainly did....fun times. I can't count the number of bad guys that suddenly had weird shaped legs or suddenly had no mouths...

August 11, 2021 03:52AM
MagnetoX1
Dead Sidekick wrote:

Just did look at that youtube video grinning smiley Definitely see the similarities. grinning smiley

Scramble DID merge his flesh/brain with Roger Bochs, creator of the original Box bot in order to exploit Bochs' creativity and enhance the usefulness of his own powers. He also lobotomized him when he started to rebel when he had a brief moment of sanity (Bochs had certain mental issues and instabilities hence why he was originally an Omega Flight level status instead of Beta or Alpha Flight).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
August 11, 2021 05:59AM
Sounds like this Scramble fellow needed to go. Poor Bochs.

So it sounds like any of the above-mentioned powers will work. What about Masque, of Morlock fame? He could Shapechange Others and probably could have sculpted the "revisions" mentioned. I suppose it just comes down to how you want to describe the mechanics of what the character does.
August 11, 2021 07:07AM
barna10 wrote:
There's nothing stating you can't sculpt the flesh of a patient....My Dr. Jekyl certainly did....fun times. I can't count the number of bad guys that suddenly had weird shaped legs or suddenly had no mouths...

Lol there is a scene in the story where the "artist" did that to someone. Put his hand over their mouth, and when he took it away, no mouth grinning smiley

Did you ever write up Dr Jekyl on this site? Looks like it would be interesting to read smiling smiley
August 11, 2021 07:11AM
Pel Morba wrote:
What about Masque, of Morlock fame? He could Shapechange Others and probably could have sculpted the "revisions" mentioned. I suppose it just comes down to how you want to describe the mechanics of what the character does.

I was under the impression Masque could only change faces. I remember him doing that to Kitty Pryde once, and the Power Pack on another occasion.
August 12, 2021 07:47PM
MagnetoX1
Pel Morba wrote:
What about Masque, of Morlock fame? He could Shapechange Others and probably could have sculpted the "revisions" mentioned. I suppose it just comes down to how you want to describe the mechanics of what the character does.

I was under the impression Masque could only change faces. I remember him doing that to Kitty Pryde once, and the Power Pack on another occasion.

While they (I'm not sure if they ever revealed the sex of Masque) focused on reshaping faces they had no problems completely restoring the prostitute that Rusty Collins accidentally burned not just her face.

-- Peter David

August 13, 2021 09:12AM
Masque also transformed Callisto's arms into the mass of tentacles that she has now to torment her.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
January 15, 2022 08:49PM
MagnetoX1
barna10 wrote:

Lol there is a scene in the story where the "artist" did that to someone. Put his hand over their mouth, and when he took it away, no mouth grinning smiley

Did you ever write up Dr Jekyl on this site? Looks like it would be interesting to read smiling smiley

No, never wrote him up here, but I'll PM you a write-up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Howlet (5:51)
Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 30
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.