Another Batman Film

Posted by Necromancer 
Another Batman Film
February 17, 2022 05:32AM
DC is squeezing the proverbial final dollar from its most valuable franchise.

I wonder how many times we get to hear "I'm Batman" with this new film.

Seriously though, the Golden Goose is going to quit laying golden eggs sooner or later.
With a new actor in the mix, and a Batman film coming out of nowhere I have to wonder
if the new film is even tied to the DCEU or if it is a reboot or whatever.

The trailer was less than stellar and didn't exactly foster any desire for me to see the new film.

What do you folks think?

One world of adventure is never enough.
Re: Another Batman Film
February 24, 2022 06:17PM
Agreed in some ways. Catwoman had a weird mask which really bothered me though obviously not a big issue. I hope it's connected to the DCEU. Otherwise there's not much of a point to it since it feels too soon for a reboot. The last Batman movies were bad.
February 27, 2022 03:40PM
March 07, 2022 04:18PM
I think I lost interest in DC movies once they decided everything had to be dark and gritty and dripping with angst, where even Superman couldn't be bright and shiny as he should be. Only one I bothered with was Wonder Woman which was great but that's it.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
March 07, 2022 04:33PM
Nightmask
Only one I bothered with was Wonder Woman which was great but that's it.
But only the first one. 1984 looked shiny, but it was awful.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
March 31, 2022 02:22PM
No desire to see the new batman, 1 Pretty much burned out, 2 The actor i think sucks in what they already made, Batman is not encouraging. 3 if i do watch it, it might be when it on TV and there absolutely nothing to do, which there is always something to do. LOL

I let people yap about it who watched it and then hey, i know all about it.
April 20, 2022 11:26AM
I liked the Batman movie. It had everything you'd want from a Batman movie if you've been a long time Batman fan and have been dying to see a Batman that doesn't kill or use the Zack Snyder cop out that it's the villain's fault that rockets launched from the Batmobile blew them up. Not only is this Batman not a psycho killer or sadistic branding iron wielding weirdo, this Batman has detective skills - something no Batman in any other movie has demonstrated. And for martial arts, I'd put Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, and Affleck Batmans all in a ring at the same time vs. Pattinson's Batman, and bet on Pattison. It's that good. The film noir genre suits a Batman story, and the Zodiac serial killer twist done with the Riddler is top notch. It's not connected to the DCEU, and it never should be.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 33
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.