Who's All Running Games Here Still?

Posted by Username 
Who's All Running Games Here Still?
July 09, 2022 10:37PM
Hi, I was just getting on here to check and see if anything came up for inspiration for my game and was seeing it wasn't very active. Which made me wonder if anyone still visiting the forums were running games any longer. If you are, chime in and let us know how long and some information about the game.

I've mentioned it here and there before , but I'm still running a just over 11 year long game. We are playing on the internet now and play once or twice a month. The setting is the Marvel universe but the 80s comics were in 2011 when we started. So, we're past the end of the comic timeline and we're seeing people get older (Peter Parker is in his early 30s.)
Re: Who's All Running Games Here Still?
July 10, 2022 02:04AM
Not been in a game for years. I like to drop in here every now and again to see the lay of the land.

Your 11 yr game sounds more like a saga smiling smiley Keep the fire burning.
July 10, 2022 05:15AM
I pop on now and then and see what up. Most peeps are on Jokebook(Facebook), Though i think a lot got fed up getting suspend for talking about game fights, which goes against their Community Guidelines.
As far as games goes, i think most moved to Discord, cause again, the JokeBook will get you!!

I am going to contact Elon Musk and maybe he can Buy America Online and reboot it, get the chat rooms back. LOL

Good luck on your search for a game.
July 11, 2022 05:33AM
The Discord does seem to be fairly popular. I'm on there too, but I don't really like how hard it is to find what people have previously talked about. It's not a fun interface to red through the backlog.
July 14, 2022 03:38PM
I'm getting a game together on RPOL.net shhhhh

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
July 15, 2022 08:21PM
Huh, I didn't even know about RPOL.net. Is it still pretty popular? The old play-by-post format seemed to have disappeared alone with the forum in most places.
July 16, 2022 08:30AM
It's niche winking smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
October 09, 2022 06:37AM
I do infrequently stop in to see if anyone's running a game, don't know much about RPOL or the Discord and don't really use Facebook but if that's where games are happening then I suppose I ought to try and find a link, lol
October 09, 2022 03:25PM
Username
The Discord does seem to be fairly popular. I'm on there too, but I don't really like how hard it is to find what people have previously talked about. It's not a fun interface to red through the backlog.

Reading through the backlog is a Red FEAT....
October 17, 2022 06:47AM
Agreed. It's not worth the effort. Maybe someone else knows a better way, but I don't think that's what Discord is designed for. Makes me miss the old forum style.
October 17, 2022 08:11AM
Username
Agreed. It's not worth the effort. Maybe someone else knows a better way, but I don't think that's what Discord is designed for. Makes me miss the old forum style.

I wish that someone would write up an app that would link a forum and Discord together, so that whatever is posted to the one, auto-posts to the other. Maybe link specific channels to specific threads, and not have it auto-create a new discord channel for every thread. It would also need to include the ability to catch edits to a comment/post, quotes of a given comment/post, as well as deletion of a comment/post.
October 23, 2022 08:57AM
Is there an updated link to the Discord? The one I found didn't work.
December 15, 2022 09:00PM
My niblings (9 and 13) have fairly recently discovered Dungeons and Dragons and are now interested in other RPGs.

Meanwhile, a friend wants to learn how RPGs work cause her kid is wanting to play in a group, but she's "heard bad things", so she asked me to introduce her to Gaming.

My wife's favorite Game is FASERIP. And she's particularly good with kids (being a teacher and all). So, I'll be starting a campaign right after Christmas.
December 16, 2022 02:59AM
Here's a link to the Discord

[discord.gg]

@RangerMatthias
That's awesome! Congrats! I really like introducing new players to the game. It's strange that people these days have bad opinions of RPGs since it's sort of mainstream now and has been sort of recognized as just a game. Either way, should be fun.
December 27, 2022 03:47PM
Username
Here's a link to the Discord

[discord.gg]

@RangerMatthias
That's awesome! Congrats! I really like introducing new players to the game. It's strange that people these days have bad opinions of RPGs since it's sort of mainstream now and has been sort of recognized as just a game. Either way, should be fun.

invite has expired and/or is invalid?
January 03, 2023 06:03AM
I am just getting restarted with FASERIP, after about a 20 year absence and would like to join in with folks that are actively playing it. Also looking for tips on VTTing the game. I'm currently thinking about using the Core RPG ruleset in FGU and just manually moving tokens around. smiling smiley

Please repost your discord invite, if you would like another player (and eventually, another GM).

tyvm!

Vowels
January 04, 2023 07:46AM
This is the Marvel TSR RPG Discord group, not mine. It's a bit hard to filter through it all.

[discord.gg]
January 05, 2023 06:21AM
I still run the occasional PBP game. Until recently I hosted my own forum where I ran them. Host just screwed me out of that though...so homeless right now.

I prefer PBP simply because of time. Hard finding a couple of hours to dedicate to a game with 4 kids and running a department.

I agree with what many of you have said about Discord....not a fan. I still prefer forums. I think the people that like Discord are ones that sit on there and look at it as a real-time conversation. It's not for the drop-in/drop-out crowd.

January 05, 2023 07:35AM
Discord can be convenient for dropping in and asking a question or scrolling for a minute to read, but I like to look at backlogs or search for specific answers. Not something doable in my understanding of Discord, or at least not easily. So, I'm not active on there. Just an occasional lurker who shares the link when requested. Haha.

barna10
I still run the occasional PBP game. Until recently I hosted my own forum where I ran them. Host just screwed me out of that though...so homeless right now.

I prefer PBP simply because of time. Hard finding a couple of hours to dedicate to a game with 4 kids and running a department.

I used to run a PBP game, but it was a lot of time. It's great because you can devote time whenever, but progress is slow and typing posts all of the time uses up a lot of time in little bites. It was what I did in grad school when I didn't have time for a long block of time, but now I find it easier to just make 4 or so hours once or twice a month

Seems cool that at least there's a few of us still running games though. I was wondering if the TSR Marvel was being forgotten.
January 05, 2023 10:49AM
Username
I used to run a PBP game, but it was a lot of time. It's great because you can devote time whenever, but progress is slow and typing posts all of the time uses up a lot of time in little bites. It was what I did in grad school when I didn't have time for a long block of time, but now I find it easier to just make 4 or so hours once or twice a month

I found ways to speed things up. The best was requiring daily posts from players on weekdays. The other was encouraging slimmer posts, a few sentences at best. Many D&D games I played in would draaaaaaaag as players and DMs alike would post novellas every time they posted. It really became tedious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 21
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.