Ms Marvel series

Posted by MajorSteel 
Ms Marvel series
July 10, 2022 06:10AM
I watched the 1st episode.
It not for me. It came off as "Too Kiddie", meaning it directed for the kids.

Still haven't watched
The Eternals
WandaVsion
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Re: Ms Marvel series
July 11, 2022 05:39AM
I was interested in Ms. Marvel. It did seem targeted to kids, but I thought my nieces might like it. A friend of mine said he found it enjoyable and too targeted to kids compared to most properties. I thought the trailer disagreed with him, but I haven't seen it.

I liked WandaVision. The sitcom bits were fun and I found I enjoyed the sitcom elements with superhero flavor more than the end of the series were it was more of a typical superhero show. Most people I spoke too didn't like Eternals. The Deviants were particularly disagreeable to anyone familiar with the comics it seems. I didn't really like Doctor Strange 2. It was chock full of particularly bad plot holes and the characterization seemed to be off. Plot holes seems to be a theme for the Dr. Strange appearances though. Anyways, visually it was ok, and the action scenes were pretty good. I also liked America Chavez in it where as in the comics she seems sort of Mary Sue-y.
July 14, 2022 03:59PM
It gets better, but it is a slog. I have not been able to watch a full episode in one sitting. It's more like a chore than an entertainment source, and that's mostly because of the target audience. It's not aiming at me, like all the other MCU-shows, so it's not hitting. But, for more post-Endgame world building, it is at least something. Not as good at that as the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series, but I can see the Department of Damage Control is probably going to be the Mutant Response Division-type foil when X-Men mutants finally pop up.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
July 14, 2022 04:04PM
MajorSteel
I watched the 1st episode.
It not for me. It came off as "Too Kiddie", meaning it directed for the kids.

Still haven't watched
The Eternals
WandaVsion
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

The Eternals is "the Last Jedi" of MCU movies. Okay, maybe not that bad.

Watch WandaVision before you see Dr. Strange in the MoM. If you like Sam Raimi Evil Dead movies you'll both like the movie and feel like you've seen it before already.

August 01, 2022 12:58AM
I agree somewhat. MoM was more a Sam Raimi film than a Marvel film. Quick name a camera trick or plot twist from any Evil Dead movie that wasn't used in MoM. Time's up, you can't lol. If you've seen Evil Dead movies, you're seen MoM. Substitute the Darkhold for the Necronomicon... hey look, Bruce Campbell lost control of his hand. It's like a Sam Raimi film or something.

I loved the hell out of WandaVision. I laugh at people who wonder how Wanda was treated like the hero of Westview in the end and think it"s a plot hole... when the whole series was about her reality manipulation powers and losing control of them.

Big miss on Wanda not seeking out a universe with a living Vision and her kids. But Raimi didn't watch WandaVision, and it's rather doubtful he watched Infinity War or Endgame either. He sure as hell didn't watch the first Dr. Strange movie.

As...mediocre...as MoM was, nothing can unstink Thor Love and Thunder... don't get me started on the mystery of how the people at Disney that thought hiring Taika Waititi to direct anything but people into parking spaces at Disneyworld keep passing their drug tests.

August 01, 2022 05:20AM
I agree, at least in part.

MoM was confused at best and disjointed - both in itself and within the context of the MCU.

There were some good bits - zombie strange and the Illuminati, at least before they were prematurely popped (grr).

LaT could have been great but there was a lot off beat - where we’re the asgardians of the galaxy?, cancer and Jane Foster (magic and/ or Asgardian magic = cure NOT plot device). I quite like comedy at the right time (worked well in Ragnarok i think) but here taika over-egged the pudding and downplayed Gor.

I’m hoping they treat a Namor better …
August 01, 2022 07:10PM
Taika Waititi should have been asked one simple question before being allowed to touch a Thor movie.

"Which issue of the Thor comic over the decades gave you the idea that Thor deals with loss and grief by becoming a pathetic loser and clown?"

Can't answer, burn the script on your way out. Don't call us. Ever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 25
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.