magic use: universal spells

Posted by GenghisDon 
magic use: universal spells
June 22, 2023 06:23AM
ok, the basic/manual of mysticism doesn't actually cover this well (or if it does, I'm always completely unable to find it)

but in the advanced players book under magic use we can note personal spells cast the user 1 point of health per round, and then, what I'm asking about is: "The success of spells using Universal Energies depends on the type of spell. All spells that affect the Psyche or abilities of
the target grant that target a Psyche FEAT to avoid the effect, treating the caster's Psyche as the Intensity of the attack.If the Psyche FEAT is successful, the attacking magic-wielder's Psyche is reduced by one rank for 1-in turns. If Psyche is reduced below Good, the caster loses the ability to cast spells. Universal spells require a gesture or chant to cast, and the caster must have his hands and mouth free." bold mine pg 63

what the hell was "1-in turns" supposed to mean? all i ever see is this misprint(?) copied, never explained.

later on dimensional spells we see "Dimensional energy spells automatically have an initiative roll of in and require both chanting and gestures to entreat the force to respond."

so "in" is actually 10? 1-10 rounds the psyche is reduced? I can think of no other answer, but I'm curious what, if anything, others do re: magic use. 10 is noted for being last in initiative in laces, though it's another strange error/mistake IMHO.

Thoughts?
Re: magic use: universal spells
June 24, 2023 05:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 16
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.