Endurance Checks

Posted by Brymin 
Endurance Checks
March 18, 2024 12:43PM
I have a question about Endurance checks and damage resistances. If the incoming damage exceeds a target's Endurance, but is mitigated by a defensive power to a level that is within a column of the target's Endurance.

Example:

Hero has an Endurance of Excellent (20), and Body Armor of Remarkable (30), gets hit by Villain who has Incredible (40) Strength. The roll result is Red (Stun). Hero loses 10 Health and 30 points of damage is absorbed by Hero's Remarkable Body Armor.

Can Hero resist the Stun or not?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Endurance Checks
March 19, 2024 12:56PM
So far as I understand it, the hero in your example can make an Endurance FEAT to avoid (yellow or red result) or mitigate (green result) the effects of a Stun result. As usual, the hero must actually take damage from the attack or the attacker must possess certain Martial Arts skills (A or D, depending). Hope this helps.
Re: Endurance Checks
March 19, 2024 06:40PM
That is my understanding.

A better question might be: At what point is a Stun/Slam/Kill Result "irresistible"?

I have always played a general rule that if the incoming damage is +2CS or greater than the target's Endurance, then the target is incapable of resisting the Slam/Stun/Kill check.

But if the target has a type of DR (Armor Skin), which lowers the intensity of the incoming damage, to within a single column of the target's Endurance, then the target of the attack can still make the Endurance Check to avoid the result.

Do you play that way as well?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 25
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.