Ed Piskor / artist dead by cancel culture

Posted by G.A.W. 
Ed Piskor / artist dead by cancel culture
April 09, 2024 12:41AM
Career killed. Friendships wrecked. Partnerships destroyed. Business deals up in flames. Reputation obliterated.

Cancel culture and the whisper network with the social media weapon killed a talented and very knowledgeable Comic Book Artist.

[www.wesa.fm]
No coming back from this.

Hits close to home - I'm from the Pittsburgh area and now there is no more - Him - to speak with, enjoy his art, learn from...

Tired and disgusted with the many flaws of the comic book industry as it exists today.
Ed Piskor comics work
April 09, 2024 02:37PM
— (2012). Wizzywig.: Top Shelf Productions.
— (2013). Hip Hop Family Tree: 1970s–1981.
— (2017). Hip Hop Family Tree: 1981–1983.
— (2021). Hip Hop Family Tree: 1983–1984.
— (2021). Hip Hop Family Tree: 1984–1985.
— (2018). X-Men: Grand Design. New York, NY: Marvel Worldwide,
— (2018). X-Men: Grand Design – Second Genesis. New York, NY: Marvel Worldwide, Inc.
— (2019). X-Men: Grand Design – X-Tinction. New York, NY: Marvel Worldwide,
— (2021). Red Room: The Antisocial Network.
— (2022). Red Room: Trigger Warnings.
— (2024). Red Room: Crypto Killaz!
Re: Ed Piskor / artist dead by cancel culture
April 22, 2024 11:28AM
Damn, I follow his you tube channel

RIP Ed

edit: his suicide note is included here in this article, to read it directly
[tripwiremagazine.co.uk]
April 24, 2024 09:29AM
Yeah, he names names.

Come to find out many of the millennials / " talent " in comics constantly try and tear each other and other older comic veterans down.

How did comics industry become so Toxic the last 12 years?
April 27, 2024 12:03PM
In answer to your question, here is my opinion...

While certain works of literature would have us believe that there are seven sins, there is actually only one sin.

Selfishness. Every other sin is actually just a form of selfishness.

It is because of one or more of the many forms of selfishness that have become more endemic in recent years that toxicity is allowed to thrive.
April 27, 2024 02:14PM
Yes- What you said - spot on.
April 27, 2024 03:55PM
If I may ask. (Please understand I am trying to word this as respectfully as possible because I do not know the full story.)

Was there any evidence against him that he did something wrong? Or is this 100% confirmed to be a false accusation?

Keep in mind I have no dog in this. I'm just asking from the perspective of someone who knew nothing about this man or this case until it was brought up here.
April 28, 2024 07:36PM
Guilty of being Rude, Creepy, soliciting nudes from female comic fans/artists, " being a dick " etc.
Nothing illegal . Nothing legally actionable . An immature lout , crass and the creep factor was high.

Ironically , if he ( or some other comic artist ) was guilty of Manslaughter, and got out in 7 years he would have been accepted back into comic society.- depending who he/she had killed in self defense.. with open arms..
There have been other Artists and writers Cancelled , mostly due to who they vote for politically, or if they are old seasoned vets of the industry.or if they are " mean "
Professional comics creators should not lose their jobs for wearing the wrong political hat, religion , and be replaced by less younger, Untalented , overtly pushing " the message " and crap on the fans of said industry.

It really does come down to that old adage .... Judge the art not the artist.And if people can't then ignore the jerk and then don't buy his/ or her stuff. For me : If Stalin and Hitler worked on a comic series from 1938 till 1945 about Slavic and Northmen Vikings journing thru a medieval wasteland lasting 45 issues until the council of GODZ comes down from the machine to destroy them- I'd pick up a few copies and check it out.

Ed Piskor was not Frank Miller or Jim LEE.- just a comics lover, Comics historian, artist, writer who had to work hard to ACTUALLY make a living in the here and now-- the near bottom of the barrel of industry right now - but he did it.

And now he;s dead. Cancelled

Guys better then Piskor like Robert Crumb are many of these vapid labels and he still is alive and well.
Until he wasn't aloud to do it any longer. So now he's gone - and the cancel pigs who helped corner him using social media and internet " helped " make it happen
May 01, 2024 05:43PM
Basic Summary found here :

Alex De Campi & Ramon Villalobos Lobbed FIVE False Allegations Against An Already-Suicidal Ed Piskor

Comics MATTER w/Ya Boi Zack

not sure if youtube link to video will work

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 14
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.