Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted by BenRiely 
Sonic the Hedgehog
March 05, 2009 12:40AM
Believe it or not, I am a fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book. I grew up playing the games (even the recent ones that are not that great). Anyways, I have been working on Sonic the Hedgehog stats and working on a format to put these characters on my site. Tell me what you think of my Sonic write-up:

Sonic the Hedgehog

F) Rm30
A) Am50
S) Gd10
E) Am50
R) Gd10
I) Ex20
P) Rm30

Health: 140 Karma: 60
Resources: Ty Pop: 20

Known Powers:
Sonic Speed: Un land speed, Sonic has the following power stunts:
-Sh-X strength for breaking a grappling attack
-May substitute for Fighting for multiple attacks and evading. May make up to 5 combat actions per round.
-May substitute for Agility for dodging and catching projectiles.
-May substitue for Intuition for initiative.
-Create Cyclones: Gd damage or Sh-Y stunning or slamming
-Water-Running: 1000 ft. with 100 ft. approach
-Wall-Running: 700 ft. with 500 ft. approach
-Figure Eight Dash: Allows Sonic to reach speeds of Sh-X
-Spin Dash: Allows Sonic to quickly accelerate into this roll from a stationary position, it takes 1 round to charge and accelerates in the next. He also deals In Edge to anyone that gets in his way.
Sonic Spin Attack: Sonic leaps towards an enemy and rolls into a ball that causes In Edge. With a Yellow Agility FEAT (Mn), Sonic can hit up to 5 other targets
Recovery: Am

Equipment:
Translation Device: While Sonic was adventuring in outer space, he was implanted with a device allowing him to understand all languages (including those of 'regular' animals) with Un ability.

Talents: Martial Arts B, Pilot, Acrobatics, Tumbling, Performer: (Guitar), Snowboarding, Rail Grinding

Contacts: Princess Sally Acorn, The Knothole Freedom Fighters, Jules Hedgehog, Bernadette "Bernie" Hedgehog, Sir Charles Hedgehog (Uncle), Muttski, Miles 'Tails' Prower, Knuckles the Echidna, The Chaotix

----

Ben Riely

"Hey, it's Waffle Time! It's Waffle Time! Won't you have some waffles of mine!"
Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
March 05, 2009 04:23AM
Actually, sonic seems pretty balanced. The only things i'd change are Agility to IN, Strength to Ty, and his base speed power down to MN, with a subsequent shift down for his stunts. Also, there does seem to be a limit to how long sonic can go at top speed, so maybe some sort of endurance check after x number of rounds moving at top speed.
March 05, 2009 07:26AM
Nice writeup Ben! I'd like to see more stats of classic video game characters...

Oh and btw... I noticed your site has no stats for Captain Ultra (not that I could find anyway). I know you're a completist, so I figured you'd want to know who you may have missed. winking smiley

Tails and Knuckles
March 05, 2009 09:46AM
Here are some stats that I did of Tails and Knuckles as well. Also, Punstarr... Captain Ultra can be found on the Initiative's Nebraska team. smiling bouncing smiley

Tails

Miles Prower

F) Gd10
A) Am50
S) Ty6
E) In40
R) Gd10
I) Ex20
P) Ex20

Health: 106 Karma: 50
Resources: Ty Pop: 10

Known Powers:
Twin Tails: Tails was born with two tails, allowing him to perform the following power stunts:
-Spin Attack: Rm Slugfest to a target within the same area
-Flight: By spinning his tails like a propeller, Mn airspeed
-Super-Speed: By spinning his tails like a propeller, Tails is able to run at Un landspeed
-Create Cyclones: Gd damage or Sh-Y stunning or slamming

Equipment:
None

Talents: Martial Arts B, Mechanic, Pilot, Student

Contacts: Amadeus Prower, Rosemary Prower, Merlin Prower, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Knothole Freedom Fighters, Athair, Downunda Freedom Fighters

Knuckles the Echidna

F) In40
A) Rm30
S) In40
E) In40
R) Ex20
I) Gd10
P) Rm30

Health: 150 Karma: 50
Resources: Ty Pop: 15

Known Powers:
Knuckle Claws: Am material, May cause up to Am Blunt or Edge, has the following power stunts:
-Wall-Crawling: Rm
-Digging: Ex
Dreadlocks: Allows Knuckles to glide through the air with Gd ability
Hyper-Speed: In
Recovery: Am
Regeneration: Rm

Equipment:
Guiding Star Gem: Mn material, the Guiding Star Gem provides Knuckles with the following abilities:
-Danger Sense: Am ability to guide Knuckles' actions, such as leading him where to go if blinded while gliding
Warp Ring: Un material, worn on his wrist. When needed, Knuckles throws this off his wrist, allowing him to teleport with Un ability.

Talents: Martial Arts A, B, E, Wrestling, Survival, Am knowledge about Angel Island and how it works.

Contacts: Julie-Su, The Brotherhood of Guardians, The Chaotix, Archimedes, Catweazle, Locke, Lara-Le, Wynmacher, Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails, Princess Sally, Constable Remmington
March 15, 2009 01:35PM
Bump... Wasn't sure if everybody saw Tails and Knuckles

Ben Riely

March 17, 2009 09:24PM
CapoCastillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, sonic seems pretty balanced. The only
> things i'd change are Agility to IN, Strength to
> Ty, and his base speed power down to MN, with a
> subsequent shift down for his stunts. Also, there
> does seem to be a limit to how long sonic can go
> at top speed, so maybe some sort of endurance
> check after x number of rounds moving at top
> speed.

Wow, its like you read my mind Cappo, that exactly what I was gonna say. Other than those suggestions Ben this is a very cool writeup. Its fun seeing these out of the box writeups of late.
March 31, 2009 02:23PM
Alright, I've been working on this for some time. Here is the beginning of my Sonic the Hedgehog Sourcebook! Let me know what you think!

[hypersonichero.angelfire.com]

Ben Riely

March 31, 2009 04:04PM
Would you happen to have stats from Dark Stalkers and/or the Old Mega Man games?

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
March 31, 2009 11:41PM
Not yet! Mega Man is a project that I'm working on though. As far as Darkstalkers, that may be a while.

Ben Riely

April 16, 2009 05:30PM
I'd knock Sonic's reason and psyche down a knotch amongst the other suggestions, possibly his inuition as well ... he's typically not shown as the smartest book on the shelf after all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 13
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.