Jack's 31 Days of Halloween part Deux: Barnabas Collins

Posted by thejackolantern 
Jack's 31 Days of Halloween part Deux: Barnabas Collins
September 27, 2010 02:12PM
Well, it's been too long.

I'm planning on doing a second round of Halloween Write-ups, similarly to what I did last year to celebrate the spooky month! Beginning October 1st, I'll be doing 31 horror write-ups, leading of course to Halloween.

To kind of get back into the swing of things, I thought I would start with a pre-Halloween write-up, and that is one of my favorite characters from the old television series, Dark Shadows.

Originally presented as a villain, the popularity of Barnabas Collins couldn't be denied. From episode 211 on, Barnabas continued to fight not only the threats of discovery, but also ancient enemies, old loves, and even his own bloodthirsty nature. Played originally by the excellent Jonathan Frid, and then again in the 1990s relaunch by Ben Cross, Barnabas was a breakout character that became so associated with the show that it was difficult to separate one from the other.

There are countless sites dedicated to Barnabas, and I don't think I could do better than those sites in going to the detailed background.

So, Barnabas Collins.

Barnabas Collins
barnabasprofilefangclockbw.jpg

Barnabas Collins

F: Ex (20)
A: Rm (30)
S: Rm (30)
E: In (40)
R: Gd (10)
I: Rm (30)
P: In (40)

Health: 120
Popularity: -5 (As the mysterious killer)/ 10 in Collinsport
Resources: Rm (30)

Talents:
Mystic Origin*
Martial Arts A
Occult Lore: Demonology
Resist: Domination
Occult Lore: I-Ching
Multi-Lingual
Mystic Potential*

Powers:
Vampire: Barnabas Collins is a vampire of the traditional Hollywood sort, displaying many of them both in the show in the comics. As a vampire, Barnabas has the following powers:
  • Bio-Vampirism: Barnabas requires blood to survive, and can pass his curse onto others.
  • Hyper-Speed: Barnabas can move with Good (10) speed (As seen in the Gold Key comic)
  • Hypnotism: Ex (20) ability to hypnotise individuals who make eye contact with individuals.
  • Natural Weaponry: Fangs: Ex (20) damage when biting
  • Animal transformation: Bat: While not often seen in the show, Barnabas often changed into a bat in the Gold Key Comic.
  • Invisibility: Ex (20): Barnabas can disappear and reappear at will.

Sorcery: Barnabas is a talented sorcerer, capable of using a variety of spells but shown to be able to perform several key spells:
  • Exorcism: Ex (20)
  • Mystic Detection: Ex (20)
  • Time Travel: Through using the I-Ching, Barnabas can send his spirit back in time to occupy his own body in the past. Barnabas can only travel to periods he exists in.

Contacts:
The Collins Family
Dr. Julia Hoffman
Willy Loomis

Limitations:

Barnabas has the following limitations:

Vampire: Barnabas has the traditional limitations of a Hollywood vampire, such as crosses, garlic, and requiring an invitation to enter among others

Dark Secret: Barnabas is posing as his own descendant, and as such, his vampiric nature is not widely known outside of a small circle of contacts

Enemies: Barnabas has many enemies, from the Leviathan cult to his most famous adversary, Angelique. As such, all of enemies of Barnabas know to use his allies against him.

Be seeing you.
Re: Jack's 31 Days of Halloween part Deux: Barnabas Collins
September 27, 2010 05:36PM
Very Cool Jack!

Barnabas is one of my faves of old school "monster" characters. Thanks

Gene

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Re: Jack's 31 Days of Halloween part Deux: Barnabas Collins
September 28, 2010 05:11AM
Nice. Glad to see the 31 Days of Halloween making a comeback.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 12
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.