Dragons

Posted by StrykerSigma 
Dragons
November 05, 2010 09:42AM
Has anyone made a write up on dragons? Like the D&D version? I was thinking about making a charecter that could turn into a gold dragon, and im having trouble figuring it out. Any ideas?
Re: Dragons
November 05, 2010 10:29AM
Depends on the age category... winking smiley

November 05, 2010 11:15AM
if i wanna be a dragon of course i wanna be an old one. lol be funny if i turned into a psdodragon.
November 05, 2010 11:22AM
Enlargement- atomic gain
Fire/Cold generation
Chemical Touch (Breath)- Toxin/Acid
Natural Weaponry- claws/teeth/tail
Armor Skin- rigid plates/visually inorganic
Suspended Animation
Winged Flight
Enhance Strength/Durability
Aerial Acrobatics/Enhanced Agility
Telescopic Vision
November 05, 2010 11:39AM
Don't forget spellcasting... both arcane and divine.

rileyV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Enlargement- atomic gain
> Fire/Cold generation
> Chemical Touch (Breath)- Toxin/Acid
> Natural Weaponry- claws/teeth/tail
> Armor Skin- rigid plates/visually inorganic
> Suspended Animation
> Winged Flight
> Enhance Strength/Durability
> Aerial Acrobatics/Enhanced Agility
> Telescopic Vision

November 05, 2010 12:39PM
Heightened Hearing and Smell also, and I think (at least in 2e) that dragons had an increasing chance of comprehending languages as they aged, so that might constitute Linguistics for a power. Resistances as well, as dragons in 2e were generally immune to the same attack form as their breath (acid, fire, etc.), and older dragons even had toughened hide that made them immune to standard non-magic arrows and crossbow bolts.
November 05, 2010 01:16PM
Not all dragons cast divine magic, although given the MU magic system the entreaty spells probably qualify as divine magic so a tricky position.

They don't technically have Growth either, just like Celestials don't since they're naturally that large. Considering the average write-up for large characters they generally go something like Growth: This character is huge, standing X feet tall and having the equivalent of Growth at this power rank.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 05, 2010 01:55PM
A ‘Generalized’ dragon Write-Up and Profile would be very difficult to write out….

You’d have to pick an Individual Dragon and convert it over to the MSH-RPG system….

Dragons have WAY too many variables…. They’re like the most diverse creatures in Folk Lore…

Some Dragons are Tiny…
Some Dragons are Huge…
Some Dragons fly…
Some Dragons run really fast…
Some Dragons swim…
Some Dragons slither like snakes…
Some Dragons are too fat to move...
Some Dragons blow fire…
Some Dragons blow ice…
Some Dragons blow venom…
Some Dragons blow snot…
Some Dragons blow bubbles…
Some Dragons snort blow…
Some Dragons blow for money…
Some Dragons just flat blow…

Just Write Up Puff the Magic Dragon…

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]
Expanded MSH Table
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]

MOTÖRHEAD
November 06, 2010 01:44PM
I've made a lot of use of Dragons in campaigns I have run.

GROWTH was used, obviously in a permanent state, as they are naturally that big. That helps as it allows me to drop their Strength and END down to more mortal (relatively speaking) levels. I think I have already mentioned that my campaign uses a rule where your health score is your END times 3 plus STR, which I think gives brutes more health but keeps their F and A down to give the hero's more of a chance.

Because they are magical in nature, I ruled that their claws and teeth could reduce the effect of certain body armors and such. For example, SuperMan in my campaign thought he could take a swing, and to his surprise was cut open by a dragon's claw swipe.

Because I had codified the AD&D spell lists, it was easier to assign spells to a dragon as a result.

Joe Solarte stats, background. [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 7
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.