Jack's Femme Fatales: The Second Cheetah

Posted by thejackolantern 
Jack's Femme Fatales: The Second Cheetah
March 03, 2011 05:48AM
This week, I thought I would feature a little-loved villainess, Deborah Domaine, the second woman to be called 'The Cheetah'. The niece of Priscilla Rich, the original Cheetah, Deborah combined two of my favorite DC Villains, Kobra and the Cheetah and provided Wonder Woman a new challenge for a short (I think less than ten issues) appearance prior to Crisis on Infinite Earths and the rebirth of the Cheetah as Barbara Minerva. In many ways, the second Cheetah was as lethal as the third, offering a different take on the multiple personality Rich and the sociopath Minerva, clearly inspired by and inspiring the entire Cheetah concept.

Why the second Cheetah?
One of the best stories I've ever read was the JLA/JSA crossover, issues #195 - 197, where a collection of Earth-1 and Earth-2 villains unite and take down the collected heroes. I always liked that crossover of all crossovers, and I enjoyed the Cheetah being given a specific role, one that wasn't simply just as a Wonder Woman villain.

I also think that Deborah got the raw deal in 'Crisis', as she wasn't given enough time to really become the Cheetah before being written out of continuity and ultimately replaced with Barbara Minerva. I think that the fact that often the second Cheetah held her own against the pre-Crisis Wonder Woman says a lot, and I would have liked to seen more.

Third and finally, I think that the use of Kobra as an origin is a cool idea, and one that I think is often ignored. I like the idea of the 'world conquering' villain creating other villains is something that makes a lot of sense, but effectively to create one solely to occupy a potential threat in Wonder Woman is even more so.

So...Deborah Domaine, the Second Cheetah

Deborah Domaine

F: Rm (30)
A: Rm (30)
S: Gd (10)
E: Rm (30)
R: Gd (10)
I: Rm (30)
P: Ex (20)

Health: 100
Resources: (As Domaine) Ex (20), as Cheetah Pr (4)/Rm (30) (Depending on support from others)
Popularity: (As Domaine) 5/ As Cheetah - 15

Talents:
As Domaine
Dilettante
Knowledge: Environmental Causes
Knowledge: Environmental Groups

As Cheetah:
Acrobatics
Tumbling
Martial Arts A, C, E
Crime*

Powers:
While Domaine has no real powers, it has been argued and shown that she has some degree of the following pseudo-Powers:
- Iron Will: Domaine, despite her brainwashing by Kobra, has a large degree of Iron Will, capable of shrugging off damage and/or effects with Rm (30) ability.
- Recovery: Domaine can recover from injuries far faster than a woman with her build and strength, from plunging into the Icy Potomac after being shot three times to recovering from a blast from Firestorm, Domaine can recovery from damage with Ex (20) ability
- Combat Sense: Domaine has some form of natural combat sense, granting her the ability at Ex (20)

Equipment:Sharpened Claws: Attacked to her nails, Domaine has been outfitted with Chronium steel nails painted red, which can halve effective normal body armor by half, and can do Ex (20) slashing damage. As a benefit of being trained with them, Domaine can make up to two Fighting actions a round without making a Fighting FEAT. Domain has also been known to poison her nails with a fast-acting toxin that causes unconsciousness at Ex (20) intensity.

Contacts:
Cheetah has the following contacts:

The Cheetah (1): Priscilla Rich was Deborah's aunt
The Secret Society of Supervillains
Kobra

Limitations:
Hopelessly Insane: Deborah has been driven insane by Kobra to become a living weapon. Very little of Deborah's caring personality remains. As such, Cheetah is easily provoked into action and is more reactionary than capable of planning.

Irrationally hate towards Wonder Woman: Cheetah will ignore all other opponents to attack Wonder Woman.
Re: Jack's Femme Fatales: The Second Cheetah
March 08, 2011 02:00PM
The hits just keep comin, PDF Bound PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileysmileys with beer

Vote "Yes" for The French Finger. "All the ladies in the house say HHHEEEEYYYY for the French Finger"

"Hail To The King Baby"
March 06, 2012 12:40PM
Nice writeup. What happened to the pics? I remember some good ones of her on this site.
March 08, 2012 04:09AM
Bane1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice writeup. What happened to the pics? I
> remember some good ones of her on this site.

Not sure what the issue is with the photo for this write-up, so I provide one for Jack. Thanks for another excellent character write-up Jack! smoking smiley

The Cutter

March 09, 2012 02:49AM
How did she ever pose any threat to Wonder Woman?
Heck- Steve Trevor could take her down.
That aside I would say very nice write-up J.O.L
March 11, 2012 10:37AM
Thanks for the picture, but the picture he had for her wasn't from a comic as far as I could tell and would like to know where he got it.
March 12, 2012 05:50AM
Bane1, here is a photo that I have of the different female incarnations of the Cheetah; Priscilla Rich (the Golden Age Cheetah), Deborah Domaine (the Silver Age Cheetah), Barbara Ann Minerva (the Modern Age Cheetah). To answer your question on the pic that Jack had for this write-up, have you tried sending a Private Message to Jackolantern?

The Cutter

March 12, 2012 09:02AM
Thanks for the pics. That is the right Cheetah. Jack just had a really stunning pic of her. Not sure where he got it. These are pretty good however.
March 22, 2012 05:33AM
Hey all;

Including a link to the original photo I had up. I'll be reposting the photos shortly, as I'm having to find them and put them up. At any rate, here we go:

Cheetah
March 22, 2012 08:23AM
That's the one thanks!
March 22, 2012 08:39AM
Pretty safe to assume a woman didn't draw that? lol

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.