E Inc
R Gd
I Ex
P Ex

Health: 130 / 150 / 250
Resources: Ty
Popularity: Rem
Appearance: Gd

Age: Appears as a Japanese man in his late twenties before transforming into Spectreman
Height: 5'10" / 50' / 150'+
Weight: 180

Powers:
Growth:
Spectreman can appear human size or grow larger at will. At 50' his strength goes up to Amazing. At 150' or more his strength goes up to Shift-X. These are the most common sizes Spectreman appears at. +3CS for enemies to hit Spectreman when he is more than 22' tall. +4CS when he is 150 ft. tall.

True Flight:
Shift-X in the Earth's atmosphere (50 areas/round)

Spectre-Blades:
Razor-sharp blades that spring forth from Spectreman's forearms. Unearthly strength material. Incredible edged damage

Spectre-Flash:
Spectreman's ultimate weapon, an energy beam he shoots from his hands or wrists (depending on the pose he performs with his hands). Up to Monstrous Energy damage.

Cyborg Body:
Spectreman's body is made of an alien cybernetic material. Consider Spectreman Unearthly material in terms of cutting or breaking.

Weapon Conjuration:
Spectreman's Sword, Shield, and Gun don't have to be carried. They can be beamed to Spectreman as needed from the Nebula Star.

Immortality:
Spectreman is a cyborg creation of an unknown alien origin. Health depletion to 0 reflects more of an internal energy depletion than danger of death. On 1 occasion Overlord was able to restore Spectreman to full health immediately after being defeated.

Limitations:
Overlord's Control-
George (Joji) is Spectreman's alter ego and must receive transformation to Spectreman from the Overlord by way of the Nebula Star ship or stay in human form with the following stats:
F Gd
A Gd
S Ty
E Gd

When George is ready to transform, he looks to the sky, holds up one arm, and says "Overlord, Ready". The Overlord then transforms George into Spectreman by way of a beam transmission. Spectreman's weapons are beamed in similar fashion. George needs permission to transform and has been denied transformation by Overlord when acting too hasty or when the mission called for other action first (Judge's discretion for MSHRPG).

Likewise disobeying orders has caused Overlord to shut down Spectreman leaving him unconscious.

George is capable of communicating with the Overlord by speaking out loud. It seems that only George / Spectreman can hear the Overlord when he replies. Overlord is wary of keeping Spectreman's identity secret and will not communicate when others are nearby if it will give away his identity.

The Overlord can see Spectreman via the Nebula Star ship and keeps watch following Spectreman wherever he goes.

Spectreman transformation only seems to happen outdoors. It is possible that the beam transmission needs to be unimpeded to reach Spectreman.

Equipment:
Shuriken - Multicolored shuriken, which he pulls from his beltbuckle. Ex edged throwing damage.

Spectre-Sword & Shield -
Sword and shield sent to Spectreman from Nebula Star when requesting them. Unearthly material strength. Sword does Incredible edged damage. Shield provides Unearthly protection

Spectre-Gun -
A huge gun sent to Spectreman from Nebula Star when requesting them. Amazing Energy damage

Talents:
Alien Studies, Environmental Science, Languages:Japanese, English, Martial Arts A, B, C, Thrown Weapons, Guns, Sharp Weapons

Contacts:
Pollution G-Men
Overlord

Background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectreman
"Banished from the peaceful simian Planet E, the mad scientist Dr. Gori and his brutish assistant Karras [Rah in the Japanese version] search for a new planet to rule after Gori's plot to conquer Planet E had been foiled by its government. Coming across the Earth, Gori is captivated by its beauty, but is appalled by its inhabitants' misuse of its environment, leading to severe pollution (a huge topic back when this series was made, since Tokyo was the most polluted city in the world at the time), so mankind must be quickly conquered if this planet is to be inhabitable, so he plots to, ironically, use the very same pollution that's plaguing the Earth to create horrible giant rampaging monsters to wipe out and/or enslave mankind.

Fortunately, hope comes in the form of the Nebula 71 Star, a Saturn-like artificial satellite that observes the Earth incognito. Fearing that Gori may eventually make the Earth uninhabitable, they dispatch Spectreman, their super-cyborg agent, to battle the menace of the mad apeman. Spectreman disguises himself as a Japanese man named Jôji Gamô (George in the American version) to walk among the humans and scout out Gori's weekly menace for the Nebula 71 Star. He works with a government-run group called the Pollution G-Men, run by Chief Kurata. This group investigates phenomena involving pollution, but they don't (until late in the show's run) have the facilities to handle giant monsters, so unbeknownst to them, their comical-yet-mysterious teammate Jòji disappears on them, only to help them as Spectreman!"

Joji was called George in the American dubbing of the series.
Re: TV Shows: Spectreman
April 04, 2010 08:26PM
Never seen this one, but it sound so typically Japanese camp I must look it up to watch some grinning smiley

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
April 04, 2010 08:37PM
April 06, 2010 09:01AM
1970s Japanese action show. Kind of an early precursor to Power Rangers.
July 03, 2019 06:00PM
....and ratings rival to Ultraman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.