Captain America's mighty shield (post Fear Itself)

Posted by Brotherless_one 
Captain America's mighty shield (post Fear Itself)
October 20, 2011 05:28AM
*second pic include just for its sheer awesomeness...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 05:29AM by Brotherless_one.
Attachments:
open | download - Fear Itself #7 037.jpg (298.1 KB)
open | download - Fear Itself #7 018.jpg (457.1 KB)
Re: Captain America's mighty shield (post Fear Itself)
October 20, 2011 08:44AM
Ugh, at this point Cap's shield is just another shield, after Marvel went to the trouble decades ago of retconning away early instances of a broken shield as being just a replacement while Stark studied the real one they've just let too many writers amuse themselves destroying it and now it's just 'ho hum, anyone can break his shield, what's the point of making a big deal of it being broken and fixed yet again?'. It's not the Liberty Bell, the crack doesn't give it character, just emphasizes how mundane the shield now is. Because at this point Ultron with his Adamantium shell has been shown enduring fewer destructive moments than Thor's hammer or Cap's Shield.

So what comic (title and number) is the pic of Cap with Thor's hammer from? I'd really like to find that if possible.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 20, 2011 10:58AM
Both images are from Fear Itself #7...the last two issues have been full of awesome cap moments (Holding the line sans shield in this issue, and dressing down Odin in the last [I think it was the last]) but I'll warn you now there's just as many things throughout the series that will probably make you either go "WTF?" or eye rolling smiley, if not both...

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! " - Homer J. Simpson

s320x240

"I want you to know that I believe in an idea¦that a single individual who has the right heart and the right mind that is consumed with a single purpose that one man can win a war.

Give that one man a group of soldiers with the same conviction¦and he can change the world."
October 20, 2011 12:56PM
Brotherless_one Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Both images are from Fear Itself #7...the last two
> issues have been full of awesome cap moments
> (Holding the line sans shield in this issue, and
> dressing down Odin in the last ) but I'll warn you
> now there's just as many things throughout the
> series that will probably make you either go
> "WTF?" or eye rolling smiley, if not both...

Odin deciding to exterminate the human race as a weapon against the Serpent pretty much exemplifies I'm sure all the 'you've got to be kidding!' in the series. Plus not like that helped the Ancient created human form Replicators against the Wraith.

Really was disappointing with Odin returned by Thor, just to get 'Status Quo is God' back in the running, and his being a complete jack@$$ in spite of all his previous character growth moments. Seems like the writer's just been working at finding new ways to top himself for making Odin out as the embodiment of godly arrogance and rigid stupidity in choices because 'well I've the power so I must always be right in what I decide to do'.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 22, 2011 12:30PM
I wasn't exactly pleased with Odin's characterization since being resurrected by Thor. He came out of it like a grumpy old father who's saturday afternoon nap was disturbed. And, if you think about it, that must be all it was since healing always put a strain on Odin's power in the past and restoring people to life seemed a bit beyond the Odinpower... but Thor just walked up to his casket and tore it open with the expectation that his father would be back, and there he was.

Odin never died, he was just faking all this time. He's a faker. A big, fat faker! Hey everybody, look at the lousy faker!
November 22, 2011 12:38PM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wasn't exactly pleased with Odin's
> characterization since being resurrected by Thor.
> He came out of it like a grumpy old father who's
> saturday afternoon nap was disturbed. And, if you
> think about it, that must be all it was since
> healing always put a strain on Odin's power in the
> past and restoring people to life seemed a bit
> beyond the Odinpower... but Thor just walked up to
> his casket and tore it open with the expectation
> that his father would be back, and there he was.
>
>
>
> Odin never died, he was just faking all this time.
> He's a faker. A big, fat faker! Hey everybody,
> look at the lousy faker!

Odin was always a jerk but definitely his return had him go up a few orders of magnitude in his jerkiness. He was a bigger one than Zeus and those Olympian gods are all extremely petty and jerky (outside of Hercules and a few other rare ones). Odin went into full-blown villain there at the end, looking to exterminate all life on earth just to deprive his retconned in brother some fear to feed on and weaken him.

-- Peter David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.