Ryu [Street Fighter]

Posted by CapoCastillo 
Ryu [Street Fighter]
August 05, 2008 02:25PM
This is my take on Ryu from the Street Fighter videogames. This interpreatition is based on my 'favorite' aspects of the video games, various comics lines, and animated movie. It takes the best from each, and may conflict with certain materials, and should also be considered to be Ryu at the height of his career.

Ryu

Fighting - Amazing [50]
Agility - Remarkable [30]
Strength - Good [10]
Endurence - Remarkable [30]
Reason - Typical [6]
Intuition - Excellent [20]
Psyche - Remarkable [30]

Health - 120
Karma - 56
Resources - 2
Popularity - 10

Powers -

Chi Manipulation - Incredible [40]
Ryu is able to manipulate Chi energies for a variety of effects. Primarilly, he uses chi in an offensive manner, though he is capable of expanding his abilities into a multitude of areas.

- Hadouken - a manifestation of chi in the form of a 'fireball' that does force damage ignoring body armor [not force fields]. If a red feat is scored to hit, damage and effects are resoved on the energy column. Ryu may 'pull his punch' to lessen an effect or damage.

- Shoryuken - Ryu's chi is channeled into his fist allowing him to strike an opponent for power rank blunt damage. Ryu is +1cs to hit an airborne or leaping opponent using this technique. If Ryu scores a red feat to hit, he may elect to do +1cs damage resolved on the edged attack column, ignoring body armor. if Ryu elects to do so, he must check vs. Dark Hadou posession [see below]

- Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku - Ryu uses his Chi ability to defy gravity to deliver a series of 3 spinning kicks in the air. Ryu can use this ability to strike opponents in adjacent areas as well as resolve 3 seperate 'hits' with one fighting feat roll. If successful, Ryu does strength damage 3 times.

- Ryu can charge his chi energies for one round giving any attack listed above +1cs damage

- Ryu is capable of healing himself of power rank damage after 1 rd of concentration [he is incapable of any other actions]

- Ryu can raise any stat by +1cs for 1 - 10 rounds after a 1 rd. charge

- Shinkuu Hadouken - An exceptionally powerful version of the Hadouken that requires Ryu to charge his attack for 2 rds. After charging the attack, Ryu can unleash a wave of Chi Force that does power rank + 2 cs damage ignoring body armor. Ryu is only capable of performing this attack once per day.

Limitation - Dark Hadou - Ryu's school of Martial Arts is a diluted version of its true capabilities. The true purpose of the art is to kill, and by tapping into that potential, Ryu can potentially be overcome by the dark essence of his chi, the Dark Hadou. When his skills are used in an attempt to kill an opponent [either intentionally or unintentionally] Ryu must make a Psyche feat against yellow intensity to resist being overcome by the Dark Hadou. When posessed by the Dark hadou, Ryu is considered to have the benefits of the Berserker power and all of his chi abilities are + 1 cs. However, Ryu's only passion at that point is killing and will attack both friend and foe alike with equal vigor. Ryu may attempt to make a psyche feat at yellow intensity every round to overcome this limitation.

Talents
Martial Arts A, B, C, D, E
Tumbling
Trance
English

Contacts
Ken Masters
Sakura
Chun-Li
Re: Ryu [Street Fighter]
August 05, 2008 03:56PM
Pretty nice writeup. Seems to reflect fairly well what I've seen of Ryu from the couple of animated films and series I've seen. smiling smiley

Any plans for Ken, Akuma, or other Street Fighter characters? winking smiley
August 05, 2008 08:48PM
Nice Write-Up…. I’ve seen most of the SFII Cast ported over to MSH-FASERIP, but I can’t remember or Find the Web Page any more….. It was a Japanese Site, but written in English….. So it was a difficult Read….

M.Bison, Akuma, Segat, Vega, Balrog, Garuda, and Evil Ryu and Violent Ken (the Villains) were Power House Characters……

The Arcade didn’t reflect that…. But oh well….

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
[www.classicmarvelforever.com]
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD
August 06, 2008 05:50AM
I may try and do some other SF writeups. Surprisingly Ken is a bit of a white whale for me. it's hard to reflect the fact that he and Ryu are on equal par, but ryu haveing more underlying 'potential' statwise. i never feel quite satisfied.
August 06, 2008 11:29AM
nobody gives love to the green guy!! how about blanka? i always wondered about him, or zengiff.
August 06, 2008 02:24PM
blanka should actually be pretty easy to write up. So should Zangief for that matter.
August 06, 2008 11:38PM
These Write-Ups look Hella Good, but I was gonna comment about Ken and Ryu based off the that Japanese Web Page I came across years ago….. Sorry I can’t find it so you could use it for reference….

Don’t forget about ‘Violent’ Ken…. As ‘Normal’ Ken and Ryu both Characters are nearly identical…. The only real difference between them was…..

Ken had 5 Points of Agility over Ryu’s Agility… And 5 Points of Reasoning over Ryu…

Ryu had 5 Points of Strength over Ken’s Strength… And 5 Points of Psyche over Ken…

Both had identical HP and KP…

But it may be irrelevant since you’re going by the Traditional Table at 10's rather than 5's…

Their ‘Chi’ Powers are totally identical until they enter their ‘Full Monte’ Hadou….

Basically, Evil Ryu’s CHI powers had more raw Impact….. But Evil Ryu was a little Slower compared to Violent Ken…

Violent Ken’s CHI powers reached further distance in the same Game Round, Plus he could land multiple hits that had less impact….. In Game Results Ken was ‘Faster’…. Ryu was Stronger.

The idea about Ryu having greater ‘potential’ was because Ryu entered his Hadou before Ken…. And Ken had more People around him…… One reason why the Villains choose to kidnap Ryu was because no one would notice Ryu missing…. And Ryu had just a tiny sliver of Strength over Ken…

But these ideas were taken from the Japanese Versions….. Where M.Bison is Named as Lord Vega after the Star Cluster ‘Vega 145’ or whatever Astronomers Scientifically named that Star Cluster….

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TANKERACE

Tanker's MSH Characters
Expanded MSH Table

MOTÖRHEAD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 4
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.