E: Ex 20
HP: 70

R: Ty 6
I: Ex 20
P: Rm 30
Res: Ty6-Ex20 depending on what he's been paid recently
Pop: In the Caldroun area of Gotham 30, to Authories -30

Powers:
Mind Probe: Un 100 (He read Kyle Rayners, Etrigan, Jason Blood, and Batmans minds)
Empathy: Rm 30
Penetration Vision/X-Ray Vision Am 50
Probability Control: He's just too damn lucky to not have this power.

Talents:
Military (was a Marine)
Guns
Marksman
Edged Weapons
Thief
Martial Arts: A,B
Demolitions
Camoflague

Brief Information:
Induced Mutation by Alien Parasite during the Bloodlines story arc, first appeared in Etrigan's Demon Annual #2, was infected while trying to make a hit on a mob boss, things went south. He teamed up shortly with Etrigan to slay the Bloodline creature, Glonth, That infected him and kill the mobster. Tommy is a hitman, professionally for many years, hangs out at Noonan's Bar, ran by his adoptive father Sean Noonan and his nephew Pat, Sean is a retired hitman who keeps a loaded .45 on himself and has a loaded .30 caliber machine loaded behind the bar. The other customers are mostly criminals or other hitmen such as Hacken, a mildly insane and idiotic hitman, Ringo Chen, considered to be Tommy's only true rival for the title of Number one Hitman of gotham, Nat the Hat, Tommy's best friend from the Marines, served in Desert Storm together, accidently killed an SAS Patrol during a friendly fire incident that they covered up.

Tommy spends most of his time trying to earn cash, dodge Batman, keep his failing relationships afloat, all his girlfriends seem to end up finding out that he's a hitman. His friends all one by one die, most of them die protecting him, Pat is tortured to death early on, Sean dies killing the Italian Mob's number one, Ringo dies fighting a chinese demon/imp, his friend Six Pack is presumed to have died facing a demonic host known as 'The Many Angled Ones' he in fact survived and joined AA and never was seen again by his surviving friends, Nat dies shortly before Tommy in the final issue. The CIA is trying to replicate the Bloodlines process but have failed, and an innocent woman that Tommy tried to help earlier on during No Mans Land, sees one of the experiments. The CIA orders her to be killed and she seeks out Tommy for help. Tommy, Nat, and Tommy's new girl, Whose an EX CIA operative try to help her escape, Tommy's girl and the pregnant woman manage to escape. Nat is mortally wounded in the ensuing gun battle, Tommy loses his left hand, and goes back to get Nat when he hears his friend calling for help.

As he charges the forty or so Merc's a Gotham Lt. who tried to keep Tommy out of it all, to pay back his debt to Sean Noonan for saving his life decades ago, comments on that how the government is trying to kill an innocent woman and her child and the only men with enough courage to do what is right are two hitmen. He quotes shakespeare and drops his badge and gun on the ground and walks away. Tommy is gunned down as he reaches his downed friend, and the two die side by side in a back alley in Gothams run down Irish neighborhood.

Notable Exploits: Once took a job to kill the Joker in Arkham, and was contracted seperately by dozens of others to kill or maim every other inmate in Arkham.

Defeated Batman on one occasion, Defeated Lobo the Main Man, and Etrigan.

Has worked alongside of Catwomjan and Green Lantern/Kyle

Consuelled Superman through a depression.

Saved the entire Justice League when he had been arrested by Batman. The league was being infected by a variation of the Bloodlines alien, and their powers were all blocked, Tommy killed all the astronauts who were the hosts, earning him the hatred of most of the League, but Superman understood that the did the only thing he thought he could do. The bathroom stall where Tommy left some graffiti in still stands, Superman left it up as a memorial on their moonbase.
Re: Tommy Monagahn "The Hitman"
August 26, 2008 12:25PM
Our writeups are pretty close, and I did mine close to 10 years ago!

HITMAN
Tommy Monaghan
F- EX (20)
A- EX (20)
S- TY (6)
E- EX (20)
R- GD (10)
I- RM (30)
P- RM (30)
H- 66
K- 70
R- GD
P- 0

Powers: Empathy IN (40)
Mental Probe UN (100)
X-Ray Vision IN (40)

Equipment:
.45 automatic
other guns, knives, and weaponry you want to give Tommy.

Talents: Acrobatics, Detective/Espionage, First Aid, Military, Stealth, Land Vehicles, Guns, Melee Weapons, Martial Arts B.
Contacts: Gotham Underground, Noonan's Pub, Gotham City Police Department.

First appearance: Demon Annual #2

BACKGROUND

"My name's Tommy Monaghan, and I kill people for money. It's a living. Regular hitmen kill regular people. I ain't regular hitmen. I take the weird jobs . Get mugged by a cyborg? Call me. Darkseid kidnap Mom? Call me. Swamp Thingy scare your kids? Call me. Possessed by Etrigan and don't know any exorcists? Call me. Number one in a field of one. Superpowered, supernatural or just super?freakin' annoying: I do 'em all."

As you can read from the quote listed above, Tommy Monaghan is a hired killer with superpowers, namely x?ray vision and telepathy. Tommy uses his unique abilities along with his expert marksmanship, quick thinking, and street smarts to take on the weird cases other hitmen wouldn't dare touch. Tommy has only one rule: he only kills the bad guys.

Tommy was born and raised in the Cauldron, the Irish immigrant section of Gotham City. When he's not working, Tommy usually hangs out at Noonan's, a bar owned by former hitman Sean Noonan, uncle to Tommy's childhood buddy Pat Noonan.

Since the book is set in Gotham City, Tommy has already had several run?ins with DC stalwarts like Batman, the Joker, Green Lantern, Catwoman, and most recently, Superman.

FROM THE DEMON ANNUAL #2

When working on the hit of mafia boss Old Man Dubelz, Tommy Monaghan witnesses Dubelz being attacked by Glonth, a huge vampire parasite from outer space. Glonth drains Old Man Dubelz's spinal fluid, killing him instantly and then spots Tommy in his sniping position. The parasite attacks Tommy and drains his spinal fluid too. But instead of dying, Tommy later wakes up with a pounding headache, solid black eyes, the ability to see right through people, and he can "hear" everyone's thoughts!

Moe & Joe Dubelz, the siamese twin sons of Old Man Dubelz, order for Tommy's head and for the death of the monster that killed their father.

Meanwhile, at a wine tasting, Jason Blood is also attacked by Glonth. Blood summons up the demon Etrigan and the two of them get into a big ol' slobberknocker. After receiving a fierce beating, Glonth makes a hasty retreat.

Tommy heads over to his buddy Pat's place to load up on guns, his green & black trenchcoat, and sunglasses and presents himself as HITMAN!

Tommy heads over to Old Man Dubelz's wake to wipe out the rest of the Dubelz family and Jason Blood goes to the wake too, on the hunch that Glonth will arrive. And sure enough, he does! As soon as he appears, Tommy busts in shooting both Glonth and the Dubelz hired goons. Blood summons up Etrigan again to join in the fray. Tommy momentarily bears his guns on the demon, but a quick read of his mind shows that they are on the same side. Fighting together, Tommy and Etrigan lay a major beating on that parasite bastard! During the fight, Moe and Joe Dubelz jump out and open fire on Tommy. Tommy fires back, shooting Joe clean through the head. The good guys finish up the battle when Etrigan spews hellfire to burn a huge hole in Glonth's gut and then Tommy crams a couple of grenades into Glonth's innards. Glonth is blown wide open, but he manages to run away.

As Tommy and Etrigan escape, Moe Dubelz vows revenge on Tommy Monaghan for the tragic deaths of his father and now his brother, too. Outside, Tommy loses sight of Etrigan, but spots Jason Blood. Tommy gives Blood's mind a quick scan and is surprised to find that Blood and Etrigan are soul-linked! The two men depart, knowing they'll cross paths soon.

Re: Tommy Monagahn "The Hitman"
August 26, 2008 06:20PM
Cool. I'm going to be working on the Hitman Cast, getting all of them done, and probably the Preacher,The Boys,and Transmet cast while i'm at it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.