Santa Claus Character Write-up

Posted by Nightmask 
Santa Claus Character Write-up
April 28, 2008 11:38AM
Santa Claus

Public Identity: Santa Claus
Aliases: Kris Kringle, La Pere De Noel, Cinter Klaus, Father Christmas, others.
Power Category: Originally Normal Human, reborn as Cosmic Entity embodying the spirit of giving

Fighting: Typical (6)
Agility: Excellent (20)
Strength: Excellent (20)
Endurance: CL1000 (1000)
Reason: Excellent (20)
Intuition: Monstrous (75)
Psyche: CL1000 (1000)

Health: 1046
Resources CL1000
Popularity: 100 with those who believe

POWERS

Spirit of Christmas: CL1000 As the embodiment of the spirit of giving Santa Claus has the CL1000 ability to channel this belief into a variety of effects, including but not limited to the following:
-Time Control: Santa can manipulate time with CL1000 ability, allowing him to deliver all his toys within a single night across any planet that believes in him.
-Teleport-Self: Santa uses this power in order to enter any structure in order to deliver his gifts to the good little boys and girls.
-Hyper-Consumption: This power allows Santa to consume all the tributes left out for him in appreciation of his delivery, normally milk and cookies.
-Cosmic Awareness: CL1000 awareness of the cosmos, primarily used to know who’s been naughty and who’s been nice. Santa's Cosmic Awareness also alerts him to any threats to Christmas and the Spirit of Giving. This awareness can sometimes be a limitation as the cynicism and disbelief sometimes overwhelms him and he becomes jaded and wishes to give up, until someone rekindles his belief or some drastic event jumpstarts his drive to defend Christmas. He must make a Psyche feat against the intensity of disbelief in order to resist the initial apathy it instills within him, and another to rekindle it under the appropriate conditions.
-Linguistics: Santa can speak any and all languages with CL1000 ability.
-Redemption: Santa has been known to use this power on occasion to redeem criminals who aren’t totally lost to evil who use his image in order to commit crimes. As has been seen in Spider-man on one occasion he used this power in order to redeem a burglar. When doing so he normally gives them a normal bag of handcrafted toys to give out while waiting to turn himself and all his stolen goods over to the authorities.
-Immortality: Santa Claus no longer ages and is immortal, his life force sustained by the Spirit of Christmas. So long as someone somewhere believes he cannot die, and if some force were to seemingly slay him he will either be reborn or his slayer will be possessed by the Spirit of Christmas and remade into the new Father Christmas.
-Unlimited Karma: So long as there is belief in him Santa has access to an infinite amount of karma, so long as it is spent in some fashion, directly or indirectly, as part of his task as Father Christmas.
-Total Memory: Santa has CL1000 recall of everything about someone that applies to his role as Santa Claus. Examples include all good and bad deeds someone has committed and all the toys and things wished for on every Christmas by everyone on a planetary scope.
-Artifact/Mechanical/Elemental/Molecular Creation: If confronted with a situation where he has a need for it (such as confronting someone who might be turned from evil by it), Santa may materialize any gift desired by someone that somehow failed to get delivered while he or she was younger, save for weapons or other harmful items. These objects are automatically permanent, no feat roll required for duration.

Note: If something weakens the spirit of Christmas Santa will suffer a —1CS to all powers, Endurance, and Psyche cumulative for each week this effect is ongoing, down to feeble power rank for all power stunts, Excellent Endurance, and Excellent Psyche. These lost ranks are regained at a rate of 1CS per turn once the belief that sustains him is restored, until returning to their previous levels.

TALENTS

While most of Santa’s talents have yet to be revealed, it can be reasoned that he has Pilot-Reindeer driven sleigh, Business/Finance, Leadership, History (all during the time he’s been alive), and Religion. He also can be very persuasive; using his knowledge about someone’s past in order to fan their Christmas spirit if it’s been lost or buried somehow, or to get them to aid him during times when his powers are weakened due to growing cynicism and disbelief.

EQUIPMENT

Santa’s Bag: This seemingly innocuous large red velvet bag opens up onto a pocket dimension of CL1000 proportions, capable of storing all the toys Santa spreads across the world for the good boys and girls. He never needs to hunt around for any toy as it is automatically within easy reach whenever he reaches within, as the bag responds to his thoughts and moves the desired toy to the top. Due to its mystical nature the Bag’s material strength is effectively CL1000 rank and virtually impossible to destroy.

Santa’s Sleigh: Body-Unearthly Control-Unearthly Speed-CL1000 Protection-None. Santa’s sleigh appears like a normal, albet elaborate, winter sleigh drawn by eight reindeer, with room up front for as many as 2 passengers along with Santa, with the back taken up by his Bag. As a result of its mystical properties it can land upon and take off from any surface, including snow and ice-slicked roofs, with CL1000 ability.

Headquarters: Santa has a manufacturing facility somewhere near the North Pole, concealed by a CL1000 ranked illusion that makes the facility blend in with the surroundings and subtly diverts anyone who comes nearby around it. Only those invited or somehow powerful enough to piece the illusion are capable of entering.

Elves: Santa is served by a variety of small humanoids called elves, who serve as the production staff for his manufacturing plant. Sustained by the Spirit of Christmas they are endlessly cheerful and happily toil away for him. A typical Elf’s stats are below.

Fighting: Poor (4)
Agility: Good (10)
Strength: Good (10)
Endurance: Remarkable (30)
Reason: Good (10)
Intuition: Good (10)
Psyche: Amazing (50)

Health: 54
Resources: Unearthly
Popularity: 75 for those who believe.

POWERS

Hyper Invention: Amazing ability to comprehend/design/repair/create anything desired.

Mrs. Claus

Fighting: Poor (4)
Agility: Excellent (20)
Strength: Typical (6)
Endurance: Unearthly (100)
Reason: Excellent (20)
Intuition: Monstrous (75)
Psyche: Unearthly (100)

Health: 130
Resources: CL1000
Popularity: 90 to those who believe

POWERS

Mrs. Claus is not known to have any powers, save those extended to her as part of her support role for her husband. The only obvious ones are that she partakes of the same immortality as her husband, as well as the ability to comprehend and communicate in any language. She is also likely well versed in the crafts and helps with the toy production when not tending to the duties of hearth and home. With the efforts to more modernize and liberate female characters she is sometimes shown having a more equal partnership with her husband and occasional attempts are made to alter things to make her the superior member of the pair (although this is clearly not the case and they at best have an equal partnership).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Tis the season!
December 16, 2008 07:05AM
Tis the Season so moving Santa back up to the top for his holiday fun!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: Santa Claus Character Write-up
December 16, 2008 08:58AM
His Endurance should only be Shift-Z ( 500 )

just kidding.
December 16, 2008 10:41AM
Funny, I was going to say something like that. You beat me to it G.A.W. tongue sticking out smiley

Thanks for bringing him to the top Nightmask!

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
December 17, 2008 02:25PM
Not all elves are happy though...

Listen to the Elf's Lament by the Bare Naked Ladies

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 26, 2008 12:17PM
Nice tribute to the big guy, NM smiling smiley
December 26, 2008 07:24PM
Wow, Nightmask had a better idea than I had! Kudos to you!

Ben Riely

"Hey, it's Waffle Time! It's Waffle Time! Won't you have some waffles of mine!"
December 26, 2008 07:51PM
Thanks Ben. I think Taarna was the one asking about Santa stats years ago on the original forums and I wrote him up with as much as I could put together regarding Santa. Yours are pretty nice too, the song references next to each making use of the song was a nice touch.

-- Peter David

December 29, 2008 03:54PM
Hehe! Awesome! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out It goes a long way in explaining a lot of the myths and abilities that kids often question lol winking smiley
December 24, 2009 11:50AM
Why would Santa's fighting be beyond Poor? He's a lover, not a fighter (at least the drunk in the mall when I was a kid was).

Also, Mrs. Claus (first name: Paris) has to have Immortality too. She's been his wife for, like, forever, and according to her it sure feels like it.

Happy Holidays folks!
December 26, 2009 02:53AM
DarksideDoofus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would Santa's fighting be beyond Poor? He's a
> lover, not a fighter (at least the drunk in the
> mall when I was a kid was).

Because he's old enough and active enough he's not quite as unskilled as the average modern-day man and preserves the measure of self-defense ability more common when he was born.

> Also, Mrs. Claus (first name: Paris) has to have
> Immortality too. She's been his wife for, like,
> forever, and according to her it sure feels like
> it.

It does list her with Immortality as part of her nature in supporting her husband she has to be able to live as long as he does.

> Happy Holidays folks!

Merry Christmas to you too!

-- Peter David

December 12, 2010 04:00PM
Almost forgot it was time once again to bump Santa up to the top of the list so he can spread his holiday cheer once again!

-- Peter David

December 14, 2010 07:17AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS! AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!

now if only we could get a write-up for Kwanzaabot and the Chanukah Zombie...

~This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good...
December 14, 2010 08:32AM
Haven't seen those to do write-ups on them but Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

-- Peter David

Christmas-time bump
December 20, 2011 02:33PM
Can't believe I forgot to bump this up before now! Well here it is now for all to enjoy!

-- Peter David

December 20, 2011 05:20PM
I like it, but I'd change one thing; Hyper-consumption. No real need for this with the whole time control thing. He simply gives himself enough time to enjoy the treats.

"The only difference between Wise Men and Fools is that Fools don't learn from their mistakes." Highlander the Series, Season Two, Episode 7 (Revenge of the Sword), Duncan McLeod

"I have something to say; It's better to burn out then to fade away!" Highlander, The Kurgan
December 01, 2012 09:20AM
Uh oh.

UH OH!

Somebody's comin!

Mr. Claus recently informed the media that he's had his bones fused with the alloy known as adamantium and has legally changed his name to Santa Claws. He also stated that for the first time ever he's gonna have gifts for the naughty, when reporters asked for details he just spat on the ground.

Yes he's coming, and he's pissed...

(Nice write-up NM)thumbs up
December 01, 2012 04:44PM
Outcast Wrote:
> Uh oh.
>
> UH OH!
>
> Somebody's comin!
>
> Mr. Claus recently informed the media that he's
> had his bones fused with the alloy known as
> adamantium and has legally changed his name to
> Santa Claws. He also stated that for the first
> time ever he's gonna have gifts for the naughty,
> when reporters asked for details he just spat on
> the ground.
>
> Yes he's coming, and he's pissed...
>
> (Nice write-up NM)thumbs up

Glad you like it and that's quite amusing there Outcast.

-- Peter David

December 14, 2013 04:23PM
That time of the year to bump Santa back up for the merriment of everyone!

-- Peter David

December 14, 2013 08:47PM
It still to early for the songs!!
December 26, 2013 07:47PM
ROFL!!! I LOVE THIS!!!
December 31, 2013 01:01PM
Hey Nightmask, next year how about bumping this write-up by adding some Santa Claus villains like Scrooge and The Grinch.hot smiley\

The Grinch had various superpowers including vast strength, and Scrooge was a veritable Lex Lurthor. Truly formidable foes by any measure.
December 07, 2014 03:50PM
Outcast Wrote:
> Hey Nightmask, next year how about bumping this
> write-up by adding some Santa Claus villains like
> Scrooge and The Grinch.hot smiley\
>
> The Grinch had various superpowers including vast
> strength, and Scrooge was a veritable Lex Lurthor.
> Truly formidable foes by any measure.

Time to bump this back up again, and anyone care to meet Outcast's request and include some anti-Halloween villains this go-around?

-- Peter David

December 07, 2014 10:46PM
shouldnt Santa have the same stats as Odin?
December 07, 2014 11:03PM
NikMak Wrote:
> shouldnt Santa have the same stats as Odin?

Given he's not Odin he's got his own stats. Just because Odin's sometimes seen (and including at least one special shown playing the part) being Santa Marvel definitely has someone who is indeed Santa independent of Odin and actually embodies the character.

-- Peter David

December 07, 2014 11:30PM
hmm, I dont know... has no one else noticed, that whenever Santa is around, Odin is never to be seen? smiling smiley
December 08, 2014 09:42AM
Nice! Now who will do the Villians. Did you ever notice that you never see the Punisher and Santa together?

I like Tacos
December 08, 2014 10:15PM
Docpool Wrote:
> Nice! Now who will do the Villians. Did you ever
> notice that you never see the Punisher and Santa
> together?

LOL!
December 09, 2014 01:37AM
December 09, 2014 02:36AM
Punstarr Wrote:
> >.>
>
> [fc00.deviantart.net]
> sher__Silent_Night_by_Summerset.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner!!! +1thumbs up

Marvel > DC
hot smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 8
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.