Valkyrie: Jane Foster

Posted by BenRiely 
Valkyrie: Jane Foster
July 27, 2019 06:32AM
The first issue came out on Wednesday and I have come up with stats to reflect her changes. Please let me know what you think or what I should change! Not much since it's only been one issue, but here's what I have come up with:

[www.angelfire.com]

"Hey, it's Waffle Time! It's Waffle Time! Won't you have some waffles of mine!"
Re: Valkyrie: Jane Foster
July 27, 2019 09:19AM
nicely done, although I'm surprised she'd be THAT invulnerable to harm
July 27, 2019 10:12AM
I will adjust it once I actually see her get hurt. I am using Valkyrie's initial stats for now. She faced off against some easy opponents in the first issue.

August 03, 2019 08:05AM
Don't Thor and other Asgardians only have Excellent invulnerability? If she has more because she's armored up, then that should be described separately from "Asgardian Physiology"... which is not a power, it's a source of powers. Jane Foster is an Altered Human enhanced by magic to give her abilities in line with Asgardian physiology --meaning enhanced physical abilities and durability. Teleportation and Death Sense are definitely unique powers as they are not part of the standard Asgardian physiology.

I'm sorry, Ben... I really do appreciate your site and the many characters statted there, but I really HATE the way you stat some of them in this way.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
August 04, 2019 10:22AM
Don't apologize, I appreciate it! I chose to write it like this, because she transforms due her All-Weapon.

August 06, 2019 06:25PM
I get it. I just don't agree with it. That just means she has one additional power... Alter Ego. I prefer the way the official TSR published stats where you would get the simple write up of what powers the character possesses, not saying their alter ego or alien race or whatever physiology is their power and then everything is a power stunt.

The reason it bugs me is because it gives players, in my group at least, that everything is a power stunt of "their very body" (also phrasing I see often in your writeups that really sits poorly with me) or whatever other nonsense and instead of buying powers with Karma, they just want to give new powers with little to no justification by power stunting off their own source of power because "That's how (insert almost any official character on your site) does it." And no, no they don't. It just sets a bad example.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
August 07, 2019 09:17AM
Alright, I will work on that. Thank you so much for the input.

August 13, 2019 04:46PM
Couldn't get into your site, did something happen?
August 28, 2019 07:55PM
Isn't the new series base on her?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 12
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.