A question about the Big Trouble in Little China sourcebook

Posted by the_hammer 
A question about the Big Trouble in Little China sourcebook
July 14, 2020 10:09AM
I recently re-watched a favorite movie of mine from when I was a kid in Big Trouble in Little China and came up with a slightly crazy idea for a custom module to run for my group (once things are run-able again) that involves Lo Pan returning in the current day after the events in the movie.

The basic idea that I have for it is simple-Lo Pan had been around for centuries before the events of the movie, so he must have had a backup plan just in case someone were to beat him. Fu Manchu kind of did in the wonderfully written "Night Moves Trilogy" by TSR and Ras al-Ghul.

I started to track down everything that I could here on the forum and found Castillo's old Big Trouble source book but found that it was missing a couple of things, did the forums eat the rest of the posts or is it unfinished?

Reinhardt: Ahh, you kids today with your techno music! You should enjoy the classics, like Hasselhoff!
Lúcio: I can’t even take you seriously right now.
Re: A question about the Big Trouble in Little China sourcebook
July 18, 2020 12:31PM
the_hammer
I recently re-watched a favorite movie of mine from when I was a kid in Big Trouble in Little China and came up with a slightly crazy idea for a custom module to run for my group (once things are run-able again) that involves Lo Pan returning in the current day after the events in the movie.

The basic idea that I have for it is simple-Lo Pan had been around for centuries before the events of the movie, so he must have had a backup plan just in case someone were to beat him. Fu Manchu kind of did in the wonderfully written "Night Moves Trilogy" by TSR and Ras al-Ghul.

I started to track down everything that I could here on the forum and found Castillo's old Big Trouble source book but found that it was missing a couple of things, did the forums eat the rest of the posts or is it unfinished?

I'm fairly certain that it remains unfinished. There are a lot of good threads in the archives that were summarily abandoned due to little or no interest or community participation.

One world of adventure is never enough.
October 10, 2020 10:32AM
I am so sorry I just got PM on this, and I wanted to share this. I worked this out and wanted to post what I thought it would look like if Lo Pan did provide a curse. Hammer, again very sorry in my delay.

Lo Pan’s Curse

• Marked: The hero is marked by an invisible mark that mystics, those with Detect: Magic, those with True Sight, or any of Lo Pan’s minions can see. The mark signifies that the bearer is ‘wanted’ by Lo Pan and whomever brings the bearer to Lo Pan’s surviving minions will be rewarded through the vastness of the heavens. The marker cannot be hidden nor can it be removed through anything short of a mandate of heaven provided by the Celestial Emperor or any of the gods and goddesses of heaven. Such a task is considered a heroic undertaking and will require knowledge. Without the removal the marker will remain until the character is captured and/or killed and the bounty claimed. Even if the bearer is killed, they will be still be marked – the bounty must be claimed. Many creatures and being want the reward and will put aside differences if the bearer is discovered.
  • Identified as an Enemy of Lo Pan – The bearer is also identified as the one who killed Lo Pan and all information that was known about the bearer by Lo Pan is listed as well, including any specific information and/or contacts, the conditions of how Lo Pan was killed, allies who were present that helped, and any additional information. If Lo Pan knew the secret identity of the bearer that is listed as well and cannot be dismissed until the marker is cleared.
  • No Sanctuary: The bearer of the mark cannot receive sanctuary that one could normally find in temples or holy places – they will be pursued across usually protected lands, although they may lose their opposition or deal with them.
  • Strangeness Magnet: The bearer will also find that things of the strange and unusual will be encountered with greater regularity. Whether intentional or not, they have been given a variation of the power ‘Trouble Seeker’, but rather being transported elsewhere, if there are strange conditions or events happening the bearer will be drawn into them even if they try to avoid them.
April 14, 2021 12:02PM
If you ever decided to do the module, let us know. we like to take a look at it
May 13, 2021 03:47AM
I'm planning on it, Major. But it is presently on hold because my gaming group went through a bit of a hiccup as I recently lost two players due to college graduations.

Reinhardt: Ahh, you kids today with your techno music! You should enjoy the classics, like Hasselhoff!
Lúcio: I can’t even take you seriously right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.