Thor: Ragnarok (2017) HD Trailer

Posted by The_Skycutter 
Thor: Ragnarok (2017) HD Trailer
April 11, 2017 07:29AM
Thor: Ragnarok

Based on the Marvel Comics character Thor, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is intended to be the sequel to 2011's Thor and 2013's Thor: The Dark World and the seventeenth film installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is directed by Taika Waititi with a screenplay by Eric Pearson, and stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo and Anthony Hopkins. In Thor: Ragnarok, Thor must defeat the Hulk in a gladiatorial duel in time to save Asgard from Hela and the coming Ragnarök.

After the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, Thor, held captive on the planet Sakaar without his hammer, must win a gladiatorial duel against an old friend — the Hulk — in order to return to Asgard in time to stop the villainous Hela and the impending Ragnarök, the doom of the Asgardian civilization.

Thor: Ragnarok is scheduled to be released on November 3, 2017, in IMAX.
[www.imdb.com]
[en.wikipedia.org]

The Cutter

Re: Thor: Ragnarok (2017) HD Trailer
April 11, 2017 10:20AM
Best trailer ever by Marvel so far, hopefully the movie lives up to it.

One world of adventure is never enough.
April 11, 2017 11:43AM
I'm just not feeling it. I guess I'm the grumpy old guy who doesn't like to have fun, but it seems like they're trying too hard to force the Planet Hulk story into the Thor mold and I didn't see anything in the trailer that looks remotely interesting. Seriously, this may be the worst of the MCU so far... not quite Fantastic Four reboot bad but definitely on the same level as Batman v Superman. I'm going to skip it.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
April 12, 2017 07:20AM
While it looks like it could be good don't really care for Hela being able to destroy Mjolnir particularly so casually, they trivialized how powerful it's supposed to be, subjecting it to the Worf Effect to establish how powerful she is when they didn't need to do that (and seems contrived just to keep him from having it when he battles Hulk).

It was kind of funny though when Thor seems quite happy to see Hulk, although 'Hey he's a friend of mine from work!' is a little too Modern American in wording.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 12, 2017 12:15PM
As I was telling Cutter, it looks like Marvel is falling into the same pit that DC has with its movies, where they see an aspect that made a movie successful (such as the dark/edgy look of the Batman movies) and then they try to hard to jam that same formula into all of their other projects (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, TV shows, whatever live action stuff other than Supergirl they must be dark).

Marvel should just leave the comedy stuff to Chris Pratt who really excels at it. That's not to say there can't be funny moments in their movies, but it seems like they just keep pushing the funny more and more the way DC keeps pushing the dark, color-drained crap in their stuff.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 11
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.