Everything in Moderation

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Everything in Moderation
January 24, 2009 05:54PM
Friends,

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be taking a new job, and at that time my ability to read every single post on the board will become limited. Starting right now, I'd like every member here to weigh in on who we want as Moderators. I'm looking for three worthy, community oriented, level headed people to help manage the various forums here.

After the nominations have been posted, I'll narrow the list down, and then The Skycutter and I will make the final choices, with our own votes included.

Thank you in advance for your help.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
Re: Everything in Moderation
January 25, 2009 06:50PM
How about Redman II? I dont know if he'd even want to do it, but he seems really even tempered and I can never recall him ever flaming anyone. Anyone else got any ideas?
January 26, 2009 08:08AM
I know I'm not here super often, but I've dealt privately with several individuals, and I would second Redman II as a moderator, for what it's worth.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
January 26, 2009 12:53PM
Thank you for offering your support Kevin.... other than the technical kind I mean. cool smiley

It's appreciated.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
January 26, 2009 01:57PM
I think I can make a decent third-party observer winking smiley

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
January 26, 2009 02:26PM
Wow... I am stunned by such a recommendation. That is incredibly flattering. I appreciate Mr. Happy and Kevin's votes of confidence, but I'm not sure I would have the time to devote to reading every post on a regular basis. Moreover, I have to point out my own shortcoming and lack of qualification for such a consideration. While I try to always be polite and calm on the forums, I have regrettably found myself somewhat biased against certain posts, and unfortunately have as a result found myself more reluctant to read posts from the same posters at times, as well as regrettably tending to view heated exchanges that have cropped up with a slant against one of those involved. While I certainly hope I've never been outright rude or hostile towards anyone on these boards, I feel that TLD has shown a great deal more calmness and been more even-tempered in his approach than I fear I might be capable of being. I doubt my own ability to continue such a fine example.

As a side note, however, might it be feasible to do as some other boards have done, and see about assigning separate Mods for the differing forums, such as one to oversee the Faves, one for Discussion, etc.?

As for who I might recommend, I'd have to return Mr. Happy's flattery, as my exchanges and interactions with him, on and off this board, have given me the impression of a a fairly well grounded gentleman who's most interested in seeing everyone around him having fun. To me, that would make a wonderful aspect to a Mod's personality, since that's what we're all here for in the first place.
January 26, 2009 03:16PM
Redman II,

> As a side note, however, might it be feasible to
> do as some other boards have done, and see about
> assigning separate Mods for the differing forums,
> such as one to oversee the Faves, one for
> Discussion, etc.?

I'm looking for three Moderators right now, that will share the workload between the different forums. There will be one person chosen to manage the Your Favorites section, as you have suggested. Who they will be, I'm not sure yet. So are you wanting to be considered for one of those positions, or are you removing your name from the list?

> As for who I might recommend, I'd have to return
> Mr. Happy's flattery, as my exchanges and
> interactions with him, on and off this board, have
> given me the impression of a a fairly well
> grounded gentleman who's most interested in seeing
> everyone around him having fun. To me, that would
> make a wonderful aspect to a Mod's personality,
> since that's what we're all here for in the first
> place.

Noted. I'll add him to the list.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
January 26, 2009 04:15PM
The Last Duskblade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm looking for three Moderators right now, that will share the workload between the different forums. There will be one person chosen to manage the Your Favorites section, as you have suggested. Who they will be, I'm not sure yet. So are you wanting to be considered for one of those positions, or are you removing your name from the list?

If you're willing to consider me, then I'd be greatly honored to have my name in consideration. If perchance chosen after all considerations are in and duly considered, then I'd certainly do my best to help out.

In consideration of others to think about, Daikumanoken and Dead Sidekick popped into my head as two others that seem to have conducted themselves fairly well, and seem to contribute well also.
January 26, 2009 08:26PM
Redman II Wrote:
> In consideration of others to think about,
> Daikumanoken and Dead Sidekick popped into my head
> as two others that seem to have conducted
> themselves fairly well, and seem to contribute
> well also.

I'll second that vote as well. Daikumanoken is polite to a fault and DSk has been congenial as well. Redman, LOL, I purposely excluded myself for the very reasons you do, time constraints. I might be online all the time but Im also working most of that time too. Still with the workload divided in the manner TLD is speaking of, Id consider taking the job.
January 27, 2009 04:38AM
I nominate Powersurge.
January 27, 2009 03:28PM
Not that my opinion counts for much, but I think that both Redman II and Mr. Happy are inspired choices. They both possess, in my mind, the prerequisite passion for the game and friendly, easygoing demeanor that I think are essential to do a job like the one in question well. Either (or both) would be excellent selections! grinning smiley

The Rook
January 27, 2009 04:06PM
I think that both Redman II and Mr. Happy would be Excellent choices for the position of Moderator! They both are will Respected as Forum members and are Inspirations to everything that I want ClassicMarvelForever.com to stand for! smoking smiley

The Skycutter

January 28, 2009 04:07AM
I'll add a vote for Redman II and Mr. Happy, Tystates is also a pretty good gamegeek, too.]

Cheers,

Niniri

January 28, 2009 07:35AM
While not often one to nominate myself I do tend to read everything that's posted and do make every effort to keep things even. I don't dislike or have issues on my side at least with anyone and want to see everyone getting along and growing the community instead of working against it. I also haven't been afraid in the past to try and moderate disagreements between people rather than let them keep going on.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
January 28, 2009 08:03AM
I think everyone here diserves an equal shot at making moderator.grinning smiley
January 28, 2009 10:42AM
The overall membership here does provide quite a good pool to draw from for considerations. And I could definitely see Nightmask being a natural for helping watch over forums such as Faves or Canon Characters especially winking smiley
January 28, 2009 02:22PM
RAGNARöK,

> I think everyone here diserves an equal shot at
> making moderator.grinning smiley

That's exactly why I have this thread going. I'm simply trying to find out who the people here think would do well in that role, and who's interested.

So are you adding your name to the pool, or just dropping in with your opinion of the process?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
January 28, 2009 04:26PM
The Last Duskblade Wrote:
> RAGNARöK,
>
> > I think everyone here diserves an equal shot at
> > making moderator.grinning smiley
>
> That's exactly why I have this thread going. I'm
> simply trying to find out who the people here
> think would do well in that role, and who's
> interested.
>
> So are you adding your name to the pool, or just
> dropping in with your opinion of the process?

I'll always have an opinion... Ya know? Sure... I'll drop my name in the pool. Not sure it'll matter, didn't before, but I'll humor it. I do have Mod exp after all.
January 28, 2009 05:17PM
RAGNARöK,

> I'll always have an opinion... Ya know? Sure...
> I'll drop my name in the pool. Not sure it'll
> matter, didn't before, but I'll humor it. I do
> have Mod exp after all.

Before? What do you mean?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
January 28, 2009 06:35PM
I mean, last time I went for mod here. I didn't make it. Its on the boards here. No one wanted a Horseman from the old Forever for a Mod, remember?
January 28, 2009 06:43PM
RAGNARöK,

> I mean, last time I went for mod here. I didn't
> make it. Its on the boards here. No one wanted a
> Horseman from the old Forever for a Mod, remember?

Nope. But I believe you. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Nice to see you back, Rags
January 29, 2009 10:28AM
Welcome back around these parts, man. Good to see you're still alive 'n kicking. Hope things are going well for you and yours.
Re: Nice to see you back, Rags
January 29, 2009 02:13PM
Redman II Wrote:
> Welcome back around these parts, man. Good to see
> you're still alive 'n kicking. Hope things are
> going well for you and yours.

Me and mine are doing well thank you. I'll always be kick'n no worries there. Good to see you as well.
Your Three Favorites
March 15, 2009 12:20PM
Members,

Allow me to introduce your three new Moderators. These picks were based on votes, both public and private:

Mr. Happy (Your Favorites, Canon Character Write-Ups, Artwork & Videos)

Redman II (Discussion)

TyStates (Discussion)

These gentlemen are your goto guys now for any disputes or complaints regarding posts or other members. I'll be working almost entirely backstage from here forward, and continuing to manage the Campaign Updates & Management board. Hit me with any questions, comments, etc.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Re: Your Three Favorites
March 15, 2009 12:44PM
I'm flattered to be given this responsibility, and will do my best to help out as I am able.

So, for any forum members that have questions, complaints, or the like, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help out as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Redman II

One of your humble (and hopefully helpful) new Moderators
March 15, 2009 01:04PM
I'm more interested in sitting back and collecting a paycheck. So bother Redman first before coming to me. Thank you.

LOL. Just kidding.cool smiley

March 15, 2009 01:14PM
Gentlemen and ladies thank you for your votes of confidence. I'll do my best for the community here.
March 17, 2009 05:33AM
Congratulations to our New Moderators!!!

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
March 17, 2009 10:52AM
Thanks, Chrono smiling smiley
May 13, 2009 04:44PM
Wow... I didn't even know I was nominated, which make me a lousy candidate for a forum moderator... I don't read everything LOL.

Thanks for the ego tickle, but I would have had to decline due to time constraints as well.

I'm always happy to answer or try to answer obscure game rules questions though.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 26
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.