Minor Tweaks

Posted by Kevin 
Minor Tweaks
January 26, 2009 02:12PM
Poll
Are the new banners good enough?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
11 votes were received.
Yes, they work fine for now. 11

100%
No, they need some more work. 0

0%

Though the changes aren't major-major, I modified the banners at the top of the pages to reflect the new web site. They're essentially the same banners, with a few modifications. The animated ones weren't as easy to change, so they're a bit more modified. Anyways, it's a small step forward, but I hope people like them. If not, or if you think anything should change, please say so. As I'm not as familiar with the characters as everyone here, I may have used images that no one thinks are appropriate in the banners, so if that's the case, just flame me here winking smiley

I set up a poll - if you vote they need work, prepare to make good suggestions.

Any other suggested minor tweaks to make this site more "ours," feel free to suggest here.

p.s. Sidious: here's an example of a contribution I'm making to the community - I am not asking Skycutter to pay for the new banners - I just thought they'd be good to have.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 02:14PM by kevin.
Re: Minor Tweaks
January 26, 2009 02:30PM
Banners look good to me. Sometimes it's the seemingly little things that can count for a lot.
January 26, 2009 05:18PM
As my supervisor says, "it's all in the details."

And if anyone should know, he would. With the skill set that he has and things that he's been through, it's because of his attention to the details that he's still alive.

He is by far one of the deadliest, lethal and exacting men I've ever had the honour of working with and being trained by.

So good work so far, here's a thumbs up with eyes towards the future updates.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
January 26, 2009 06:10PM
You know Kevin, I never accused you of not contributing.

I accused you of spouting out a series of phrases from your posterior in order to intimidate and milk more from the site owners.

< img src="../images/captain_america.gif" alt="Captain America " name="Captain America " width="206" height="400" border="0" align="right" >

Here's a freebie to help you out some, got it from Cap's profile. you can get it by using view and then page source. From the page it goes under the stats in case you can't find it.

you can double talk the customers all you like man. Since Skycutter's happy with shelling out for you that's cool. Not my money I don't care. I just think he could do better. smileys with beer

"No where to hide, no place to run. Your village will burn like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
January 26, 2009 06:28PM
I dont get the "Hard As Nails?" thing. Hard as iron woulda made more sense to me, but thats just me nit-picking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 06:30PM by Mr Happy.
January 26, 2009 07:03PM
Sidious, have you not read my January 23rd post on the "Future Plans!" thread? I don't believe you have any basis for accusing me of anything. You should read that post carefully. I think I explain myself just fine - not that I should have to. So, your opinion is appreciated, but baseless.

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
January 26, 2009 07:04PM
Mr. Happy, I thought about changing the "Hard as Nails" thing, but instead I just kept it as it was. I guess nails are iron smiling smiley

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
January 27, 2009 03:04AM
Such amazing service, I didn't even have to mention just the other day thinking about how that banner needed fixed for you to take care of it! winking smiley Thanks for such incredibly prompt service!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
January 27, 2009 04:55AM
The updated banners look good. They're functional and are in keeping with a comics RPG theme. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 15
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.