Need Some Thoughts

Posted by Heavy Mentalist 
Need Some Thoughts
December 20, 2009 01:48PM
Right now I am a fledgling site with only a handful of players. I am trying to create an environment that more players will want to take part. I have a few questions and need some advice:

1) Are campaigns the new way to play MRPG?

2) What are players looking for in a website?

Any advice would be great! All I want is players to want to be a part. Thank you
Re: Need Some Thoughts
December 20, 2009 01:49PM
My website if you wish to visit is:

[mwjackso.webs.com]

Thanks again for any advice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2009 08:58AM by The_Skycutter.
December 21, 2009 04:37AM
I would suggest making sure you have a navigable design that's asthetically pleasing to the eye. Nothing scares away traffic like a bland looking site.

As for gaming, campaigns are really more satisfying for RPers who are looking for something beyond the 'one-off' adventure. So cobbling together a setting and status quo will help give your players an 'immersive' experience. Of course, it all boils down to one thing that will keep people coming to game, which is good storytelling.
December 26, 2009 05:01AM
I really like the knowledge of the posters and the good tidbits. I can see unique things people have done with rules and such which get my mind going as well. That and this being the ultimate MRPG resource on the net is what brought me here. I only come here and the Ben Reily MRPG page for my MRPG needs.
February 15, 2011 01:40PM
Sorry to see the guy's site is no longer up, or at least "not found" when I went for a visit. It is hard to attract people to a new site. I'm glad a few diehards decided to keep classicmarvel forever up and running after Auntie won the lottery and moved to a grass hut in Fiji.

> I'm the third or fourth best at what I do, but what I do isn't very interesting.
--- Small-town newspaper reporter (and comics fan) Mark Newman

> Thank you, SkyCutter, Dusky and Auntie P. for giving us a cool place to hang out: www.classicmarvel.com and www.classicmarvelforever.com.
May 10, 2011 11:49PM
Oh well, sites come and go.

Essentially MRPG sites normally allow people to build up their characters to epic levels and also gain items that they can have bragging rights over.

That and also challenging levels.

Speaking of Which. Mr administrator can I hi-jack this thread for a post or two?

Fangs
Forge yourself into the hero that others fear to be.
Ascend and demonstrate a better Ethos
Negotiate when you can and pound when you have no other option.
Go forward when others fear the darkness
Strive for the greatness that lies within you

Villains Costumes
Villain Costumes - Blogg
Villain Costumes - Urban Clothing
Villain Costumes - ACIDS approach to Foiling Villains Plans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 17
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.