Site Problem

Posted by tystates 
Site Problem
January 13, 2010 09:23AM
Just now when I come to the forum I get this popup message

dommenu: browser not supported menu will be disabled.

I click ok and go to the forum but all the buttons at the top of the page are not there for profiles, downloads, etc.

Re: Site Problem
January 14, 2010 11:58AM
For some reason it's not doing that anymore.

January 16, 2010 03:38AM
If the issue happens again, let me know about it Ty!

The Cutter

April 21, 2010 05:27PM
Hello,
I first want to say that your site is very helpful to my current marvel game; it has been running for a year and a half now. I first played it years ago when it first came out for a number of years, but now that I have a big group that plays it instead of only me and another player it is more fun to run now.
Sorry on to my question:
I have noticed lately that you have been updating the characters to a new format; my question is in the meantime I would like to request if we can still access the old database of marvel heroes/villians somehow to be able to print out or compare stats of the characters.

thank you.
April 22, 2010 01:36PM
morganwolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
> I first want to say that your site is very helpful to my current marvel game; it has been running for a year and a half now. I first played it years ago when it first came out for a number of years, but now that I have a big group that plays it instead of only me and another player it is more fun to run now.
> Sorry on to my question:
> I have noticed lately that you have been updating the characters to a new format; my question is in the meantime I would like to request if we can still access the old database of marvel heroes/villians somehow to be able to print out or compare stats of the characters.
>
> thank you.

Welcome, morganwolf smiling smiley

The old profiles are still accessible if you click on the Archived Forum link in the upper right corner. Once there, the Profiles link will guide you to all the old profiles.
April 28, 2010 05:18PM
The new drop down menus for the profiles are hard to navigate and go off screen
May 01, 2010 10:05AM
Soulassassin
The new drop down menus for the profiles are hard to navigate and go off screen

Soulassassin, the new Navigation Menu Bar with the drop down menus are work in progress, hopefully it will only get better! Suggestions on any improvements to the site are welcome! smoking smiley

The Cutter

May 07, 2010 08:14AM
Hmmmm, been running into a lot of problems connecting to CMF the last few weeks. Especially in the mornings but can happen any time of the day where it'll hang, take minutes or more to load or crash out with a 'Phorum Database Error' message and a long run of error coding. Anyone else been having any problems?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
May 08, 2010 01:22PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Hmmmm, been running into a lot of problems
> connecting to CMF the last few weeks. Especially
> in the mornings but can happen any time of the day
> where it'll hang, take minutes or more to load or
> crash out with a 'Phorum Database Error' message
> and a long run of error coding. Anyone else been
> having any problems?

Been getting slow load / no load problems the past week. Things seem groovy now, but we'll see,

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
May 08, 2010 01:32PM
Today I've also been getting 'had problems processing this directive' errors, just a single line of text stating that and nothing more, including when I first tried to read this thread. Really wondering what's the deal.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
May 08, 2010 08:57PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Today I've also been getting 'had problems processing this directive' errors, just a single line of text stating that and nothing more, including when I first tried to read this thread. Really wondering what's the deal.

Got that same error message just a few minutes ago (11:50pm, PST). It most often seems to crop up in the forums, but I've experienced it when trying to simply reach the home page or the profiles as well.
May 17, 2010 11:07AM
Hate to say it, guys, but it looks like it's been a Hostmonster issue. They've been so great; I don't know why all of a sudden we're having so many database issues now. Everything on my end is looking good. Sorry again for my long absence. Things with me are crazy right now.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
February 15, 2011 01:37PM
You know, for a free website, we have some pretty good customer service around here!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 19
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.