Forum Archive Restored

Posted by Kevin 
Forum Archive Restored
April 22, 2008 07:19PM
Hey Everyone,

I've been working a while on it to get it going as soon as possible, and I think we're all finished now. The archived forum has been restored. You'll notice when you log in (or even when you don't log in) that I've added a new link to the little menu at the top of the screen; it simply says "Archived Forum." Guess what happens when you click on it...

Also, I've added a link under the search form to take you directly to the search page of the archived forum. That link is pretty clearly labeled.

I hope everyone enjoys the new ability to reminisce! If there are any questions, concerns, grievances, etc., please do let me know!

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
Re: Forum Archive Restored
April 22, 2008 07:37PM
Man, we owe you for this smileys with beer
April 22, 2008 07:52PM
Hmmmm, well going to the archive forum automatically logs me out of the regular forum so I have to relog after I leave the archive and at least some of my characters posted in the Your Favorites in the archives are coming up blank when I go to view them. It is good though to see it mostly back up thanks.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 22, 2008 08:01PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmm, well going to the archive forum
> automatically logs me out of the regular forum so
> I have to relog after I leave the archive and at
> least some of my characters posted in the Your
> Favorites in the archives are coming up blank when
> I go to view them.

yeah, i've got the same problems, too. i've just tried it now
April 22, 2008 08:14PM
The log-in issue is something you may have to deal with for a while. I'll look into it, though.

As far as pictures not showing up... check again. I re-imported the database, and I believe the issue might be resolved.

Hope this works for everyone!

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
April 22, 2008 08:22PM
Hmmmm, without checking every sheet just yet it looks like it solved the data display issue thanks, will let you know if I find anything else though.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 22, 2008 08:23PM
You're most welcome, and I appreciate you keeping an eye out for other issues.

By the way, I might actually have fixed the log-out/log-in issue too. Now when you check out the archived forum, then come back, you should still be logged in. Works for me, at least!

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2008 08:25PM by kevin.
April 22, 2008 08:36PM
I do try and help out wherever I can, and while I haven't looked yet while there's the block feature if a particular user warrants (or doesn't depending on whether or not someone's being a twit) blocking is there an unblock in case you accidentally block someone you didn't mean to or change your mind later on?

-- Peter David

April 22, 2008 08:45PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is there an unblock in case you
> accidentally block someone you didn't mean to or
> change your mind later on?

If you ignore someone, then the "[ignore msgs from this user]" button will change "stop ignoring this user", so you can change the status easily
April 23, 2008 04:43AM
Freaking sweet! Thank you for getting those posts back for us.

Is the Search feature still not working though?
April 23, 2008 05:01AM
Search should work fine. Is it giving you trouble?

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
April 23, 2008 05:08AM
Well it just didn't find my Gravity Intensity Table thread. I had to go page by page and find it manually. No worries.
April 23, 2008 05:38AM
You're right. It only worked for me if I searched for keyword gravity, and author punstarr. Weird - I'd expect it to work better than that.

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 05:38AM by kevin.
April 23, 2008 01:32PM
After a quick flip through the Favorites section of the Archived Forum, I found that some pages seemed to come up blank, with the post not being displayed in the message box....

It didn't seem to occur with a lot of the ones I checked, but I found that the original posts for two of my favorites submissions (Ke'Aryx & A Little Something Different) showed up as blank boxes, as well as finding the 'blank box' result here and there on some other threads..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 15
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.