Anyone else getting this error?

Posted by Nightmask 
Anyone else getting this error?
August 07, 2008 01:18PM
I've had a problem here the last week or so of occasionally getting an error message after posting. The post seems to go through but it doesn't display properly afterwards. The Error Message is shown Below:

There was a problem communicating with SMTP: There was a problem reading line 1 of an SMTP response. The response so far was:
[]. It appears the connection has died without saying goodbye to us! Too many emails in one go perhaps? (fsockopen: #0)

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: Anyone else getting this error?
August 07, 2008 06:08PM
Nightmask
I've had a problem here the last week or so of occasionally getting an error message after posting. The post seems to go through but it doesn't display properly afterwards. The Error Message is shown Below:

There was a problem communicating with SMTP: There was a problem reading line 1 of an SMTP response. The response so far was:
[]. It appears the connection has died without saying goodbye to us! Too many emails in one go perhaps? (fsockopen: #0)

I will look into it for you Nightmask, if anyone else is having the same problem post here, and let me know so it can be resolved quickly! smoking smiley

The Cutter

August 07, 2008 06:27PM
I've received that error multiple times.
August 07, 2008 11:02PM
ThatArtGuy
I've received that error multiple times.

Try connecting your phone line to your PS3, that might help! smoking smiley

The Cutter

August 08, 2008 07:05AM
If you didn't play the same two games from two years ago on your X-Box, you'd be able to play your PS3. tongue sticking out smiley
August 08, 2008 10:08AM
I've also received that same error recently when trying to post...
August 08, 2008 06:05PM
Redman II
I've also received that same error recently when trying to post...

I have contacted Host Monster they said they would resolve the problem, which is a run time issue with the SMTP mail server on their end! Kevin is also looking into the matter, so hopefully it will be resolved shortly! smoking smiley

The Cutter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 3
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.