What Are The Site Goals?

Posted by Koltreg 
What Are The Site Goals?
January 10, 2015 06:03AM
I'm newer to the forum and I also do web work professionally -design, content and development. I was curious as to whether there were plans for the site in the upcoming year or even upcoming months.

The profiles and basic layout of the site could use work for example. To access most of the profiles you have to use a link to an older version of the site through Google. There are links to pages that don't display correctly.. There are a lot of forum members producing content on smaller sites that aren't necessarily searchable or well organized. I think it could make sense to centralize content (as well as having a way to produce print ready character sheets - easy enough with php and mySQL). If we switched over to a CMS (content management system) like Wordpress, we could allow multiple contributors, we could have a homepage that shows updated content and we could work on expanding the community. Plus updating the design would be nice since the site design and navigation look dated and aren't really mobile friendly..

And getting back to content I'd love to see more profiles with characters broken down by era - like the various Magik eras and iterations. I am totally down to assist with this type of revamp and content because there are a lot of talented and hard working people but I am not sure what the long term plans are and I am excited to be a part of this community.

I could see the site possibly using Patreon and offering specific profiles to be made for donors so they site would have supporters but they wouldn't be customers so it would be legal like a lot of fan productions. We could do longer term goals like more custom pdfs or updated character books like there could be a Marvel NOW Year 1 pdf or a Nu52 pdf with characters that we release for free if we get enough donations to pay for hosting and content production. If all of the money goes towards expenses we should still be free to share content like we do since we wouldn't technically be making a profit.

Not to mention, there could be a podcast - if we get people who enjoy the game together and record Skype sessions that could get more people into the game.

Right now the site has been pretty static for the past few years - I lurked like heck on the site and downloaded the books years ago. I think if there are plans to organize things more for development it would be excellent and I'd love to work on helping the site advance
Re: What Are The Site Goals?
January 12, 2015 01:15PM
You can alway PM Skycutter and let him on a few of your ideas more in detail.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 21
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.